SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:43 PM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Yeah gary, contact me for a possible F-20 also. It needs full ducting. Long intakes or not doesnt matter. It needs it! Looks nice. Let me know how much for a pre-order.

@gundamnitpete- Just let it go pete. That guy trolls all over the joint. He is on an american owned site and yet bashes us. He gets involved with threads that he has no business doing in the first place, like this one.
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:46 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
I have been begging for a nice reasonably scale f-20. It is one of my favourites ranking alongside the YF-23 and the Boeing Blended Wing (that would be a nice model subject that no one has done yet??)

I would be a definite if it is retract ready and the ducting is installed like the current composite market leaders.

Can you say whether it is epoxy or poly resin. I think I know the answer but it if it is epoxy, I would consider concessions in other areas. J
The info I posted was just received today. So there's lots of discovery yet.
I already inquired about Bob's questions, and will add your's to the list Jay.

I have yet to see the actual model. A guess would be that it is epoxy, but ya never know.
Since retracts show as an option, I hope it has hardpoints and cutout markings.

I asked Dave from Skyworld look in here himself and make comments.
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:46 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
yeah that F-20 is nice ....i might have to jump in here too for one....after all it is a Northrop Plane
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:43 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
I know I will be laughed at for making the comparison but here goes. The size seems to be about the same as the MPX Twister, which incidently got me into this hobby and I still love to fly. It now has an ARC 2858-1 in a Skyworld housing and Wemo rotor. It still makes me smile on 5s.

I hope the F-20 is as easy to hand launch which will open up more flying locations. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:54 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,897 Posts
Quote:
I know I will be laughed at for making the comparison but here goes. The size seems to be about the same as the MPX Twister, which incidently got me into this hobby and I still love to fly. It now has an ARC 2858-1 in a Skyworld housing and Wemo rotor. It still makes me smile on 5s.

I hope the F-20 is as easy to hand launch which will open up more flying locations. J
Really? the Twister is 1180mm (46.5") long?
Still, that should be a nice setup for the F-20.
.................................................. ......................................

BTW..We are still waiting on ARC motors.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:18 AM
Sapac Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyuperic View Post
Heys here is my Sapac L-39 she runs on 4 cell 3700 and CC80amp with a CC bec 10amp on 7.4 commom sense 800mAh with a on and off Waiting forswitch for that battery. The main runs the fan and the fan only. the brakes for the retracks. Because the roll out on her is crazy. You can spin a wheel and come back ten min later and it is still spinning. She is one beautiful plane. I really would like to buy one of your skyworld 70mm EDF units with the motor and rotor all ready to go for another plane if you offer that please? Thanks I hope I can get sapac parts from you now when you get up and running?
Brakes are in assembly now hope to have in two weeks $ 44.99 usd

Mike
MFALLON is offline Find More Posts by MFALLON
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:23 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Bd5

not much point in genting into a pissing match really. if you've travelled all over the world as I have, you start to get the same overall impression of the U.S...................most of the world dislikes you for one reason or another. and not to get into politics too much, but from most I've talked to, it's because of US foreign policy that they have that view of you. they feel like the US is "sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong" type of attitude. whether you agree with that or not, that's what some of these people think of you and it's not really fair as a whole. you get this in every country though, but it's weird how noone ever mentions that, just about the US. makes you wonder, huh? anyway, enough ranting. it was just a thought.

by the way Gary, that was one sweet a$$ BD5. the windrider is a little small for my liking. I'de like something in the 70mm size and paint it to represent Scott Manning's plane. he died performing at the Ottawa Airshow and I knew him on a semi personal level. I'm thinking your fan in this plane. hmmmmmmmmmm.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:45 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Really? the Twister is 1180mm (46.5") long?
Still, that should be a nice setup for the F-20.
.................................................. ......................................

BTW..We are still waiting on ARC motors.
I don't know exact dimensions of the Twister but guessing (close approx). I figured someone might look it up....

In any case, when it was released, there was general surprise at its size for an edf as most were much smaller then. SAPAC continued with foam and composites around that size which I reckon is a reason for them being so popular.

I have a deal with my wife about new purchases being replacements and not additions. It forces me to choose one for impact testing or give one to my son...hmmmm
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:52 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
not much point in genting into a pissing match really. if you've travelled all over the world as I have, you start to get the same overall impression of the U.S...................most of the world dislikes you for one reason or another. and not to get into politics too much, but from most I've talked to, it's because of US foreign policy that they have that view of you. they feel like the US is "sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong" type of attitude. whether you agree with that or not, that's what some of these people think of you and it's not really fair as a whole. you get this in every country though, but it's weird how noone ever mentions that, just about the US. makes you wonder, huh? anyway, enough ranting. it was just a thought.

by the way Gary, that was one sweet a$$ BD5. the windrider is a little small for my liking. I'de like something in the 70mm size and paint it to represent Scott Manning's plane. he died performing at the Ottawa Airshow and I knew him on a semi personal level. I'm thinking your fan in this plane. hmmmmmmmmmm.
If the 70mm Windrider is too small for ya, they also have a new 90mm Version with a glass fuse. there's a thread here somewhere.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Jan 28, 2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: me baad speiling
Old Jan 28, 2010, 02:33 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,897 Posts
Corsair nut

Yo Brent,

Don't be so quick to put that stuff up for sale......

Your Skyworld F-20 Tigershark composite jet, with JP-700-103-T EDF
Has been ordered (and paid for!) for you.

Me....I still gotta sell off some stuff.

Lucky dog
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 28, 2010, 03:20 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,897 Posts
Skyworld F-20 Tigershark, 70mm composite jet........

Here we are again with another Pre-sale event

The pre-sale is on, and will continue until midnight, Wednesday, FEB 3, 2010

The new F-20's are being offered at a pre-paid price of $220.00USD Plus $17.00-$30.00 shipping (and CA sales tax if applicable)
The regular (after sale) price will be $245.

Please note that this model includes the JP-700-103-T Aluminum EDF kit (unassembled)

As usual, product needs to be added to the web site. If you are interested, please Email me at effluxrc@gmail.com and I will send you a Paypal invioce.

We are in the process of accepting VISA/MasterCard, and should have that option available within 5 days, through the website www.effluxrc.com

Thanks again to all the good folks who have supported efflux RC through our upstart, product improvements, and growing pains.

Sincerely, Gary and Karen Gioia
.................................................. .................................................. ..

Here are the specs.

Wing Span :860mm (33.9")
Length :1180mm (46.5")
Flying Weight:1200g-1500g .

·High performance Fiberglass F-20 for single 70-80 mm EDFs
ALL COMPOSITE
·Fiberglass intake
·Fiberglass fuselage and canopy frame
·Fiberglass horiz stabs
.Fiberglass wings
.Fiberglass vert stab
·All parts laser cut
·Clear canopy
·Decal set
·Removable fan cover
·Scale appearance, great attention has been given to details
·fixed gear included

·Skyworld JP-700 Alloy EDF unit 70mm (Included)
Additional eqpmt req'd:
·ESC 1 Controller (not included)
·1 EDF Motor (not included)
·Servos 5-6/pcs. (not included)
·Battery Li-Po (not included)
Optional:
·Air Retracts (not included)

At my request, these will be supplied without a motor from the factory. You may install the motor of your choice.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Feb 01, 2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: revised to "all composite"
Old Jan 28, 2010, 04:45 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
Send a paypal invoice please Gary, I will certainly try one.
Also try to get some better pictures top and bottom They say a lot of attention to detail. The only panel line I can see is the seam down the middle.

Lets hope someone starts a fresh thread on the model and we see some great hop ups and mods. J
Old Jan 28, 2010, 05:08 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,897 Posts
Quote:
Send a paypal invoice please Gary, I will certainly try one.
Also try to get some better pictures top and bottom They say a lot of attention to detail. The only panel line I can see is the seam down the middle.

Lets hope someone starts a fresh thread on the model and we see some great hop ups and mods. J
I will J, as soon as I get a reply about drop shipping to you. So Can invoice you properly.
Regarding the panel lines, it would be nice if they were like the SAPAC jets.
You may have to hone your painting skills. Sorry, couldn't resist that one. You know I'll do the best I can. I will provide all available info as I receive it.

I was hoping CN would do a build thread. But it won't be a beta build. you know he's gonna mod it well. Maybe someone else will do a "Box stock" build.
I've got too much going on until mid April.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
dont pull my chain gary!!!!! are you for real?????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Yo Brent,

Don't be so quick to put that stuff up for sale......

Your Skyworld F-20 Tigershark composite jet, with JP-700-103-T EDF
Has been ordered (and paid for!) for you.

Me....I still gotta sell off some stuff.

Lucky dog
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:00 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,649 Posts
Well I think this one needs the new JS1400 for 6S and your fan
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent