SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2014, 10:42 PM
United States, GA, Lavonia
Joined Jun 2004
32 Posts
Discussion
Lanier Husky motor alignment

I had heard of the technique of standing a plane on its tail to align an electric motor for proper fit, but with large planes it can be difficult. I pulled out the top drawer of my toolbox to hold the mains. I then pulled out a lower drawer and adjusted it so that the firewall was level. The lip of the drawers held the wheels nicely. I ensured there was sufficient weight in the bottom of my toolbox to prevent it from tipping from the drawers being out and the weight of the plane. This provided a stable platform that made it easy to align the motor for proper cowl fit and to mark the holes for the motor mount.
wilinfla is offline Find More Posts by wilinfla
to remove ads between posts