HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2014, 07:12 PM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Discussion
Help finding information on a Kangke profile plane and servos

I bought this little profile plane at a swap meet for $35 but I can't find anything on the internet about it. On the wing it says Kangke Model Super Kraft. I checked the Kangke website and found nothing. The wing span is 36" and the length is 32". It also has some gray micro servos with S100 on them but no brand. Does anyone know anything about this plane or these servos? I am trying to figure out what motor I need for this thing.
ita47 is offline Find More Posts by ita47
Last edited by ita47; Feb 13, 2014 at 03:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2014, 09:26 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,601 Posts
Looks like a good candidate for a Hacker A20-20L or an Eflite Park 450. No idea what it is, though.
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Jan 08, 2014, 08:51 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
I was thinking this plane would need a park 400 or 450 size motor. It looks like it is going to weigh 19.5 oz. without the motor and prop. The previous owner does have 1 oz. of weight stuck to the nose of the plane so if I include that then I am looking at 20.5 oz. without motor and prop.

I have a hobby wing 30 amp ESC I will be using on this plane. A Hitec minima 6E receiver and I already have a 3 cell 1300 mAh battery for it. I am not real familiar with electric stuff yet, still learning. Most of my planes are glow engines. I bought this because It looks like it will be fun to fly, I had everything for it other than a motor, and it was cheap.
Old Jan 08, 2014, 07:44 PM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Here is a picture of the servos I mentioned in the earlier post. They have S100 on them but no manufacturer. Has anyone ever seen these?
Old Jan 08, 2014, 08:20 PM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
I was looking the plane over today and the aileron servo doesn't look correct to me. It doesn't look like it really fits the way it is installed. There is also limited travel on the ailerons. I don't know what the throws should be for this plane but I don't think it will have much. It appears the previous owner just glued it in the servos. I would have thought that there should have been two aileron servos instead of one, but I am not sure how they would mount. Does anyone have any idea how this should have been setup? This is one reason I am hoping someone can help identify this model so I might be able to find a manual for it. Then I could see the recommended servo installation and find out what the throws should be set at.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 02:21 PM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Anyone have any idea what this plane might be? I don't know what to set the throws at or the CG. I would also like to figure out how the servos should be mounted for the ailerons.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 06:58 PM
Joined Apr 2004
14 Posts
Looks like those servos are the ones FMA used to make.
cgav8r is offline Find More Posts by cgav8r
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:13 AM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
693 Posts
I can tell you one thing from the pics....those servo horns are mounted incorrectly....the holes in the horn should line up with with the hinge gap to get equal throw in both directions...and you're right that that servo is mounted in the wrong spot....wish I could tell you where the right spot was but that plane is a mystery to me .
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Old Feb 13, 2014, 03:56 PM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
I am still searching for information about this plane. I am in hopes someone will be able to identify it for me so I might be able to get some setup info about it. Cgva8r thanks for the help on the servos I hadn't heard of FMA but I did find some information on Servo City about them. Chuck thanks for the motor recommendation, I was thinking a park 450 would be about right also. I am leaning toward a GForce E450 motor which is made by Leopard and is about 1/2 the price of a Eflite park 450. I also have a Hobbywing 30amp ESC in stock that I will use on this plane as well.