SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:44 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,569 Posts
Thanks.

Same behaviour with and without SD card. No charge indicator, doesn't boot; completely dead.

I'll first check with retailer to see if I can somehow get a fresh unit in time for this coming weekend event. If no, then I'll call HH for service.

Cheers
marksp is online now Find More Posts by marksp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:51 PM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
3,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp View Post
Thanks.

Same behaviour with and without SD card. No charge indicator, doesn't boot; completely dead.

I'll first check with retailer to see if I can somehow get a fresh unit in time for this coming weekend event. If no, then I'll call HH for service.

Cheers
I hope you can get a replacement before your event. Good luck.
Electromagnetic is offline Find More Posts by Electromagnetic
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:46 PM
Joined Aug 2013
253 Posts
I just picked up a new DX9 yesterday. Big step up from the dx6i. Really looking forward to learning as much as I can about this radio.
nchoytarcher is online now Find More Posts by nchoytarcher
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:53 PM
I'd Rather Be Flying
United States, NC, Franklin
Joined Sep 2013
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchoytarcher View Post
I just picked up a new DX9 yesterday. Big step up from the dx6i. Really looking forward to learning as much as I can about this radio.
Woo Hoo , Welcome to the club!
mikenmel08 is online now Find More Posts by mikenmel08
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:09 PM
Joined Aug 2013
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmel08 View Post
Woo Hoo , Welcome to the club!
Shouldn't you be printing something on that new toy of yours, or better yet, FLYING?????
nchoytarcher is online now Find More Posts by nchoytarcher
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:19 PM
Rekitter of fine aircraft
United States, TX, Spring
Joined May 2004
1,337 Posts
I'm still happy with my DX9 (just wish it was black), but I'm considering moving up to an 18 just for the extra channels (to put each servo on it's on channel on a plane with 2 servos per aileron, for example). Ergonomically, how does the 18 feel compared to the 9? Switches and buttons in approximately the same places? It took a while to get comfortable when I moved from my 8U to the DX9.
SFT2 is offline Find More Posts by SFT2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Expo
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:30 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,480 Posts
I bought the 18 because it felt different (and for me better) - I don't need the extra channels. Although some of the other extras (more flight modes) may turn out to be handy. The 18 is a little thinner around the top. The sliders are in a different spot. The rest of the switches are I think about the same. The balance is a little different if you use a strap.

Best bet is to try to find one you can hold to see for yourself.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:54 PM
I'd Rather Be Flying
United States, NC, Franklin
Joined Sep 2013
753 Posts
Quote:
Shouldn't you be printing something on that new toy of yours, or better yet, FLYING?????

Lol, I have way too many toys to play with anymore......Can never make up my mind.....Lucky for you that you had a really good friend pushing you towards that DX9.....LMAO
mikenmel08 is online now Find More Posts by mikenmel08
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mikenmel08; Aug 24, 2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:55 PM
Rekitter of fine aircraft
United States, TX, Spring
Joined May 2004
1,337 Posts
Are the sliders in a useful spot? I fly with a strap and pinch the sticks, so there's no way I can reach the sliders. With summer ending tonight there might be less of a crowd at the LHS so I might be able to convince them to pull one out.
SFT2 is offline Find More Posts by SFT2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Expo
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:09 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,480 Posts
I fly pinch with a strap as well. I really like the thinner feel at the top of the 18 - my fingers fit around it between the switches better. But I can't really get at the sliders without shifting my grip substantially. I think that's very dependent on exactly how you grip the radio though so you'll want to try holding it for sure. I couldn't get at the sliders on the 9 either. Everything else is nicely convenient with my grip though.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:00 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,091 Posts
Andy, (or anyone else that knows first-hand), sorry for the sort of off topic question, but this is probably the best place for an answer.

I'm using an AR-6200 rx in a dlg (glider), and would like to loosely wrap the 7" antennas once around the receiver to have the business ends in the Kevlar nose without kinking them.

Would this cause any unforseen interference from the receivers' energy field??
Triggerhappy is offline Find More Posts by Triggerhappy
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:06 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,091 Posts
Quote:

Congratulations!!

I too upgraded from the 6i, and the programming is way easier, and now I actually have more flight modes than I need for dlg.

You'll love it.

PS, check your pm's.
Triggerhappy is offline Find More Posts by Triggerhappy
Old Aug 25, 2014, 01:37 AM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Where do I go to for help with DX9 program issues? I emailed Horizon, and got an answer off
the subject , no help. I've tried ringing them , but 2 hour wait. I've tried the call back service but it wont accept a number outside the US.
Hazzy is offline Find More Posts by Hazzy
Old Aug 25, 2014, 02:57 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzy View Post
Where do I go to for help with DX9 program issues?...
You have arrived! Ask away!
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Aug 25, 2014, 03:15 AM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
I have a brand new DX18, I've come from a DX8
I fly pinch, therefore the sliders on the 9 were useless to me.

I flew with the 18 yesterday and I'm shocked to say it's night and day better than the 8.
It felt superb I'm my hands, this combined with the powerful software, it's looking like a great buy.

The sliders on the 18 are easy to reach for a pinch flyer, but they are not at my fingertips, I must readjust my ring finger to find them, but they are easy to operate.

I must say however, flight mode and throttle hold are a stretch on the 18, they felt perfect on the 8.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the 18, it definitely feels like an upgrade over my 8.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart