HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2014, 01:56 AM
Joined Dec 2013
160 Posts
Dear Molleytrex,

Have you received your order,expecting your updated,and wish can serve you again on HobbyWOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molleytrex View Post
I purchased a Walkera v450bd5 over a month ago and im still waiting.Cost was $750 au which included $99 speed post.
I know Im a fool but i got a small bonus from work and thought i deserved it after a hard year and liked the look of it and have a v450d03 and love it.
Im starting to give up.
Hobby WOW is offline Find More Posts by Hobby WOW
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:44 AM
Leo
Joined Jan 2014
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
Hi, I found a site that has lots of RC especially helicopters, www.hobbywow.com. My question is, has anyone tried to purchase from them before? What are your thoughts on this site? Thanks.
good, customer service available and willing to assist. Some of the products we got from Hobbywow, x350 and gimbal

GoPro 3+ Black, Protective Lens on a 2-Axis Brushless Camera Gimbal (6 min 5 sec)
diydrone is offline Find More Posts by diydrone
Old Feb 25, 2014, 04:01 PM
United States, CA, San Joaquin
Joined Mar 2012
14 Posts
I have ordered from Hobbywow but never again

I ordered a RX-LCD5802 on February 6 and it showed in stock ships within 1-3 days and I paid for DHL express shipping. I emailed Hobbywow on the 10th and they said it would ship on the 17th. I emailed back and said isn't it in stock like your website shows and they responded that they were waiting for a new shipment of items and thats why the delay. I asked why does it not reflect on their website that ints not in stock and they never answered me. Well thats great when the website shows something is in stock when it rely isn't. So I wait and it ships and I get it on the 19th and everything seems fine from a packing and shipping condition as in looks.

I charge it up the next evening the 20th after work but its night so I can't fly my aircraft so I just test the video feed with my ImmersionRc transmitter and all seemed good minus the fact that I could see the video feed on a total of 3 separate channels. Let me clarify that statement, I would transmit on one frequency and the lcd5802 monitor would see the video feed on the correct group D channel 1, but it would also see it on two other combination of group and channel numbers. So I tested to see if the correct channel was better quality but couldn't tell because the transmitter was too close to the receiver but I kept it on the right channel and thought no big deal.

Then due to my work schedule and I work 12 hour shifts I got to test it the night of the 22 and fly it briefly for a few minutes in the driveway since I got the monitor mounted to my Futaba 2.4 transmitter. everything seemed ok but I only did some hover testing.

On the 24 I was off work for the day so I got to test it in daylight finally. But it didn't go so well. In fact when i tried that day it showed a dark banding across the top of the screen, the picture and image would shift and the image would get weird. I was wanting to compare the quality of the built in receiver and compare it to my old setup which was a ImmersionRC receiver with an old LCD. I put the aircraft into a hover hold and saw there was something wrong with the picture on the Boscam lcd5802 but my old monitor setup seemed perfect. I quit flying and started looking it all over on my workbench but everything seemed correct. I changed transmitter channels and receiver channel combinations to see if one transmitter channel was better than another but no luck. It seems the Boscam built in receiver is crappy quality or just crap. If i use my ImmersionRC receiver with the video input of the BOSCAM the picture is fine but when it uses its built in receiver the picture goes to crap. I think the problem was there from the beginning but I didn't notice due to limited use of it. I emailed Hobbywow on the 24th and they were not a lot of help other than saying I can ship it back to them at my expense and once they get it they would see if I damaged it and if not they would ship me a replacement. Now Im out my money and have a junk LCD. If I would have known this is what the customer service is like I would have never ordered this in the first place. Im not about to sit and wait 3 weeks for it to get to them and then another 3 weeks to have another sent back. From order date to getting a working monitor I will have just spent money to have to go without the monitor I bought for a total of more than two months. I have nothing better to do with my limited spare time anyway. Now Im sure people all over order without a problem from them but when things don't go right just this is what you will have to look forward to.

Here is a picture of the problem I am dealing with.
Boscam is not made to be cross compatible with the ImmersionRC but Hobbywow both doesn't know this and doesn't believe me that its not so I guess other will have to learn the hard way.
matthigg is offline Find More Posts by matthigg
Last edited by matthigg; Feb 26, 2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 05:09 AM
Joined Feb 2014
3 Posts
hmmm...don't know this one
rclucy is offline Find More Posts by rclucy
Old Jun 04, 2014, 11:45 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
727 Posts
I placed my first ever order with this company on the 5/5/14 and it is still not here to this day.

The prices on the site are attractive, but the sub-total becomes unattractive when you add the P&P; "Super saver" is the cheapest option, still more expensive than any other vendor in China/Hong Kong, as is incredibly slow as I've revealed.

I will be giving my parcel one more Week to arrive, and if it still hasn't arrived I will be forced to open a PayPal dispute.

I took my chances with this Hobbywow, but now wish I had of stuck with my usual vendors like, Miracle Mart, RC711, and Chinese Jade who get packages to my door in about 4-7 Days.
ZeRoEXPO is offline Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:52 PM
Joined Aug 2013
51 Posts
HobbyWOW -

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1975 View Post
I placed an order with them. It was supposed to have three batteries included in the shipment. Once I received my order,one battery was missing, and one that was shipped was damaged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby WOW View Post
Thank you for your comments on HobbyWOW.There are many place need to advanced about HobbyWOW,such as shipping,costomer service,product and so on,we are trying to do it well,thanks.
And your advice is also can help us to do some progress,and wish we can received your good suggestion,thanks.
HobbyWOW can not make progress since 2013.
I placed order in 2013, the package returned to HobbyWOW, and they say they lost it, and keep my US $500 for a while. I wrote them thousands of e-mails to return my money. They told me, someone accepted a package at their address, but the dont know who exactly. The boss can not speak English. And so on... for a year! After asking help from my friends in China, I write HobbyWOW I am sending papers to China-based law company (really). They respond they can not make a refund. But I can buy something from HobbyWOW again.

The story continued, year 2014. I add amount need to get a DJI Phantom2+ with extra battery from them. They send it, but "someone" "stoled" an extra battery from unopened and undamaged package. I asked HobbyWOW to send me a battery or make a refund for it price. Now I opened a PayPal dispute, and they asked me to send dji phantom+ back ( I pay for express shipping ), it is great solution of a troubles they make.

My personal HobbyWOW statistics: - 2 of 3 orders lost or sent incompleted
I think someone on HobbyWOW has serious mental disorders , as they can not manage to start selling normally for an years.
sea_owl is offline Find More Posts by sea_owl
Last edited by sea_owl; Jul 06, 2014 at 05:59 AM. Reason: add picture.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 03:14 AM
Joined Dec 2013
160 Posts
Dear sea_owl,

Thank you for your comments on Hobbywow. There are so many place we need to develop,we would like to try our best to solve customer's question.

Have your problem been solved?could you kindly supply your order No. that i can tracking it for you,thanks.

Best regards
Hobbywow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_owl View Post
HobbyWOW can not make progress since 2013.
I placed order in 2013, the package returned to HobbyWOW, and they say they lost it, and keep my US $500 for a while. I wrote them thousands of e-mails to return my money. They told me, someone accepted a package at their address, but the dont know who exactly. The boss can not speak English. And so on... for a year! After asking help from my friends in China, I write HobbyWOW I am sending papers to China-based law company (really). They respond they can not make a refund. But I can buy something from HobbyWOW again.

The story continued, year 2014. I add amount need to get a DJI Phantom2+ with extra battery from them. They send it, but "someone" "stoled" an extra battery from unopened and undamaged package. I asked HobbyWOW to send me a battery or make a refund for it price. Now I opened a PayPal dispute, and they asked me to send dji phantom+ back ( I pay for express shipping ), it is great solution of a troubles they make.

My personal HobbyWOW statistics: - 2 of 3 orders lost or sent incompleted
I think someone on HobbyWOW has serious mental disorders , as they can not manage to start selling normally for an years.
Hobby WOW is offline Find More Posts by Hobby WOW
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:05 AM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthigg View Post
I ordered a RX-LCD5802 on February 6 and it showed in stock ships within 1-3 days and I paid for DHL express shipping. I emailed Hobbywow on the 10th and they said it would ship on the 17th. I emailed back and said isn't it in stock like your website shows and they responded that they were waiting for a new shipment of items and thats why the delay. I asked why does it not reflect on their website that ints not in stock and they never answered me. Well thats great when the website shows something is in stock when it rely isn't. So I wait and it ships and I get it on the 19th and everything seems fine from a packing and shipping condition as in looks.

I charge it up the next evening the 20th after work but its night so I can't fly my aircraft so I just test the video feed with my ImmersionRc transmitter and all seemed good minus the fact that I could see the video feed on a total of 3 separate channels. Let me clarify that statement, I would transmit on one frequency and the lcd5802 monitor would see the video feed on the correct group D channel 1, but it would also see it on two other combination of group and channel numbers. So I tested to see if the correct channel was better quality but couldn't tell because the transmitter was too close to the receiver but I kept it on the right channel and thought no big deal.

Then due to my work schedule and I work 12 hour shifts I got to test it the night of the 22 and fly it briefly for a few minutes in the driveway since I got the monitor mounted to my Futaba 2.4 transmitter. everything seemed ok but I only did some hover testing.

On the 24 I was off work for the day so I got to test it in daylight finally. But it didn't go so well. In fact when i tried that day it showed a dark banding across the top of the screen, the picture and image would shift and the image would get weird. I was wanting to compare the quality of the built in receiver and compare it to my old setup which was a ImmersionRC receiver with an old LCD. I put the aircraft into a hover hold and saw there was something wrong with the picture on the Boscam lcd5802 but my old monitor setup seemed perfect. I quit flying and started looking it all over on my workbench but everything seemed correct. I changed transmitter channels and receiver channel combinations to see if one transmitter channel was better than another but no luck. It seems the Boscam built in receiver is crappy quality or just crap. If i use my ImmersionRC receiver with the video input of the BOSCAM the picture is fine but when it uses its built in receiver the picture goes to crap. I think the problem was there from the beginning but I didn't notice due to limited use of it. I emailed Hobbywow on the 24th and they were not a lot of help other than saying I can ship it back to them at my expense and once they get it they would see if I damaged it and if not they would ship me a replacement. Now Im out my money and have a junk LCD. If I would have known this is what the customer service is like I would have never ordered this in the first place. Im not about to sit and wait 3 weeks for it to get to them and then another 3 weeks to have another sent back. From order date to getting a working monitor I will have just spent money to have to go without the monitor I bought for a total of more than two months. I have nothing better to do with my limited spare time anyway. Now Im sure people all over order without a problem from them but when things don't go right just this is what you will have to look forward to.

Here is a picture of the problem I am dealing with.
Boscam is not made to be cross compatible with the ImmersionRC but Hobbywow both doesn't know this and doesn't believe me that its not so I guess other will have to learn the hard way.
Did you make sure the monitor was not in PAL mode? Just asking.
cowboycctx is offline Find More Posts by cowboycctx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FreeX Skyview Review
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)