SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:34 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJo View Post
Where did you take this firmware ?? on Beta page of ImmersionRC ??
thanks !
Yes, from Betaville
http://www.immersionrc.com/betaville
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:31 AM
United States, AZ, Prescott Valley
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Dennis,

OK....Got EzUHF beta firmware updated and bound tx to rx

I see the new config tables .... PPM1 to CH1 etc etc

So ...... what settings did you end up here to make iPPM and RSSI all work nice

I don't get all these tables yet ...... sure messed up my receiver configurations....

Rick
RickEis is offline Find More Posts by RickEis
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:05 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
You are really quick when it comes to testing

Basically, this is what you need to do:

In the OSD-code:
- Check the config-file, to enable EzUHF RSSI support and select the channels, where you want RSSI and signal quality to be assigned:
//===========================
// EzUHF RSSI in PPM
#define USE_EZUHF_RSSI 1

#define EZUHF_RSSI_CH 7
#define EZUHF_SIG_CH 8

Off course PPM must also be activated in the config-file, but I really recommend to always have it enabled. It will automatic disable if no PPM-signal is present anyway.

In the new ImmersionRC tool, find your receiver and click the tab "Servo mapping". Under the PPM-slot, you must set RSSI and link quality to the channels selected in the OSD-config. The default settings is channel 7 as RSSI and channel 8 as link quality. The servo-output is basically up to you. You need to set PPM MUXED on the channel you have connected to the OSD. You can for example just use channel 8 as PPM MUXED if you normally use channel 1-4 for plane control.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:07 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
This config will work with the default settings in the OSD, if you connect PPM to channel 8
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Hey thanks Dennis,

Yes, I can barely figure assigning channels with the new radio!! And now...jeez....now we can assign the channels all over once again with the receiver!!! ....and how on earth can we get 12 channels out of 8 ??

I'm sure it is some amazing features, just need to spend more time....probably need to read a bit too

Thanks again for the help.

Hope to get some time today to see if I can get it all working.....

Rick
Last edited by RickEis; Jan 13, 2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Hi Dennis,

Had to tweak servo mapping to look like this (see screen print below) - PPM Muxed had to be channel 6...or just not 8 !! when it was 8, could not detect PPM ~ no menu. With it set like this, it worked ok....so far. Maybe it was busy with the "LINK" don't understand all I know about it

Then here is a little clip - It appeared the horizon was working well - the pressure elevation and temp appear to be a bit off ~ I have a flytron BMP085 ...maybe I'll test it out. This one is a $7 ebay special

192641 MAX OSD test 3 (0 min 0 sec)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:29 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
No idea how EzUHF is programmed, so can't really explain what's possible
But it seems weird, that you wasn't able to use channel 8.

I haven't looked into the issue with 2 I2C connected at the same time. For some reason the data from BMP085 gets "corrupted". Your readings are way off

Try to give it a go with MPU6050 disconnected, you should get a lot better readings from the pressure-sensor.

My MPU6050 is mounted in a plane atm, so I wasn't able to use it at the test-bench last time I updated the code.

Your RSSI and Link quality looks a bit weird. By any chance you have configured it to use both normal analog RSSI and EzUHF RSSI? That would explain the behaviour.

This must be set to 0 when you use PPM for RSSI and Link quality (will add a comment in next update)
// Show RSSI/2. battery or analog sensor
// 1 = show RSSI
// 0 = Don't show
#define SHOW_RSSI 0
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:57 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
i know that when using 3V3 sensors w/ the promini/nano w/ multiwii, one had to disable the atmega's i2c pullup resistors and then just the pullups on board the bob would be sufficient. maybe that is causing the issue?
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
51 Posts
Here is a quick first flight test of the OSD. I'd turn the volume down... for some reason it is blasting. I also aplogize for the sometimes shaky video, it was really windy/turbulent up there.

Not sure where the "ou" came from to the left of the los or the "V0" to the right of the directional arrow. Those both appeared after the latest update.

The arrow to home didn't always point in the right direction sometimes 90 degrees off.

With the exception of the above little problems, I think it works VERY well.
Thanks Dennis for all the hard work.

Next to add is RSSI, PPM, and barometer.

DIY OSD First Flight Test (5 min 59 sec)
Flying Munkee is offline Find More Posts by Flying Munkee
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:26 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Munkee View Post
Here is a quick first flight test of the OSD. I'd turn the volume down... for some reason it is blasting. I also aplogize for the sometimes shaky video, it was really windy/turbulent up there.

Not sure where the "ou" came from to the left of the los or the "V0" to the right of the directional arrow. Those both appeared after the latest update.

The arrow to home didn't always point in the right direction sometimes 90 degrees off.

With the exception of the above little problems, I think it works VERY well.
Thanks Dennis for all the hard work.

Next to add is RSSI, PPM, and barometer.

http://youtu.be/hqa_wUAsDO4
Thanks for sharing, great to see it "in-air".

When using the arrow you must remember, that it uses the planes movement relative to the ground, to determine the direction. In general, the faster you go, the more accurate it will be. But this shouldn't really be a problem, as long as you are above 10-20 km/h.
The problem in your flight and the arrow, seems to be the wind. The OSD will show the home-position relative to the movement of the plane - not the orientation. That means in very high winds, where the plane will driftsideways, it will actually show the home-position as being straight forward when you are moving towards home and not pointing towards home.

The letters you see on top of the display was the NTSC-problem I mentioned - but it should be fixed? Are you using version 0.10?'
It's only a cosmetic error (letters not deleted from boot-screen) but should off course be corrected.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
ok.. finaly I got a little time to complete this OSD and test it on bench. works good.. but I have some minor issues ..

1. PPM init at start need some delay to be detected properly (50ms before check is good for me)
2. PPM min/max values for menu control need to be adjustable in config (openLRS have a bit different values)
3. i think PPM pulseTime should be little bit grater (but I'm not sure.. tomorrow I do some tests)
4. HomeHeading numbers at bottom is always ON in v10..

and logic of menu control should be in config in case someone has servo reversed

if I'm something overlooked in config please let me know
Spejlo is offline Find More Posts by Spejlo
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:53 PM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,557 Posts
DF OSD on EasyStar

This is my set-up at the moment:

Pretty lightweight at 690gr AUW. I just recieved the BMP085, and haven't tried it out yet. I was a little in the dark wrt mounting it. In 1:1 planes, there is a 5mm hole in the side of the fuse, so I decided to mount the sensor with its opening facing sideways as well.
mike_o is online now Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:07 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spejlo View Post
ok.. finaly I got a little time to complete this OSD and test it on bench. works good.. but I have some minor issues ..

1. PPM init at start need some delay to be detected properly (50ms before check is good for me)
2. PPM min/max values for menu control need to be adjustable in config (openLRS have a bit different values)
3. i think PPM pulseTime should be little bit grater (but I'm not sure.. tomorrow I do some tests)

and logic of menu control should be in config in case someone has servo reversed

Great to hear

1) That's most likely due to the fact, that TSLRS is quite slow to boot compared to EzUHF. The code initialize PPM, runs the boot-screen and afterwards determine if a PPM-signal have been present during that time. It should be plenty, but if you need more time you can just slow down the boot-screen or add a delay. Let me know if you find anything more specific, don't mind to include it in next release if I know how much time is needed before a PPM-signal is present from TSLRS.

2) I don't use min/max value, so it should be possible to use with pretty much any UHF-systems using normal travel-adjustment - but sure, I can just include it as an advanced option

3) Not quite sure I understand this question? Do you refer to the new-frame detection?
// If a new frame is detected
if (pulseTime > 4100) {
}

Think you are right about that one. 125% travel adjustment might just exceed that. I've added a check to the PPM, and the reading will not be accepted unless it matches the channels detected at start-up. That will ensure that readings liken that don't give too much trouble. Do you know the minimum dead-time of TSLRS? I can check with EzUHF.
By the way, have you noticed the option use positive PPM?
// Use PPM-in
// 1 = Use PPM-in
// 0 = Don't use PPM-in
#define USE_PPM 1

#define PPM_POSITIVE 0 // positive or negative PPM?

4) have to check this one
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:16 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
This is my set-up at the moment:

Pretty lightweight at 690gr AUW. I just recieved the BMP085, and haven't tried it out yet. I was a little in the dark wrt mounting it. In 1:1 planes, there is a 5mm hole in the side of the fuse, so I decided to mount the sensor with its opening facing sideways as well.
Looks pretty nice and clean. My little test-wing is really a mess compared to that.

I might test the BMP085 code tomorrow.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:17 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spejlo View Post

All in all, pretty nice feedback - thanks!

The problem with homehead in numbers was due to the GPS-coordinates. The plane-angle should have been another option never added. Have been fixed and will be included in next update
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Jan 14, 2013 at 05:23 PM.