Joined Sep 2008
3,622 Posts
Discussion
V4 Altimeter error

My ET setup is as follows:
ET V3 logger
ET standard OSD
ET V4 altimeter

It is connected in this order; V3-logger + Altimeter + OSD.

The problem I have is with the altimeter. At first the display of the altimeter read 1-4-2 but it showed as 16400feet in the video. After changing to meters it read 5-0 and in the video it starts at 0m when powered on and then the value decreases.

Also, the altimeter does not show up when connecting the system to DataRecorder. So I can't check the modules firmware etc. Both the OSD and Logger does show up however.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Boopidoo,

I guess that addresses my concern about whether the altimeter V4 will work with the standard OSD. Sorry about that.

The standard OSD has been officially discontinued for a couple of years, and we haven't done any enhancemnents it for a long time.

But, wait. If the altimeter is not showing up on the firmware control page, the behavior you are seeing would be what is expected with the OSD. Does the altimeter show up in the firmware control page if you disconnect the OSD from the eLogger, and have only the altimeter connected?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:48 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,622 Posts
Ok, I didn't know that it was discontinued. Has this information been posted somewhere? I didn't know and just took for granted that it would work. IMO in some areas the old standard OSD is Wayne better then the newer OSD Pro, such as size and readability is much better when just a few values such as voltage, current and altitude is needed.

Anyway, I've been in contact with ET support which claim that the unit is broken and should be returned to be replaced/repaired. Before I do this it would be good if ET can confirm that the V4 altimeter is not in fact compatible with the OSD?
Old Jun 09, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Boopidoo,

It was removed from our website, but the only "positive" indication we post about discontinued products is on the user manuals page, where we list the manuals for present and prior products. We may need to be more formal about this type of thing going forward.

No, I don't believe the altimeter V4 is broken. I've emailed support to update them on the status.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:27 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,622 Posts
Ok, would it be possible for me to send the altimeter to you for replacement for a V3 altimeter instead of using the same support procedure as if it was broken?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:44 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,622 Posts
Ok, now the altimeter has been tested using newer equipment as well as stand alone and it still shows erroneous values. The question remains, can you replace it for a V3 instead of shipping back a V4?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Boopidoo,

Yes, I believe we can track down a V3 for you. If you have a support ticket with us already on this, they can confirm through the ticket system (but this should not be an issue).
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:26 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,622 Posts
Yes, I've just got a message (using my support ticket) that an old V3 is on its way to me.