HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2014, 03:53 PM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
495 Posts
Love my bl minicp and bl nanocpx over Genius bl and genius stock....just flew all of them...thinking of reducing my fleet...will cut 5 helis.....
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:04 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,190 Posts
I have put some away, but still have alot to fly. Last RC contest was large scale Warbirds and small helis would have been way out of place. Come spring time major spring clean up. So many have held up and still fly well. Postage is deal killers. so I'll chill for now. New flyers are into Quads with cameras. micro multi-rotors forum is quite busy. Bang good has 3X more quads that helis for sale.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 24, 2014, 02:56 PM
Joined Jun 2014
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I have put some away, but still have alot to fly. Last RC contest was large scale Warbirds and small helis would have been way out of place. Come spring time major spring clean up. So many have held up and still fly well. Postage is deal killers. so I'll chill for now. New flyers are into Quads with cameras. micro multi-rotors forum is quite busy. Bang good has 3X more quads that helis for sale.
Major spring clean-up means downsizing number of birds? I am thinking of doing the same...too many birds equals too much parts inventory...would like to fly 200 size and 450 more...seems I spend too much time with the little birds...now the exception has to be the nanocpx, a superb heli....glad I bought it largely from reading about it in your posts...and the 120s....
Old Nov 24, 2014, 08:01 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
I fell in love with my smaller birds. In fact, I fond I fly them more than my larger ones. Reason why, I can pack them up and fly nearly anywhere.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:09 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,190 Posts
My plan is to ge involved with both worlds. Micos and Minis. 200/450 size and much easier to work on. I have many small parts and can keep them going for a good amount of time. Hard are thoses tiny screws and parts. Plus small birds lack mass etc. Little birds I can fly anytime, but lack the pucker power of bigger birds.
No peeing contest plain Factzoid bigger flys better, no holds barred. V450D01 V2 flys like a big v120D02s. V120D02s IMHO is best micro out of box going for the $$$$. Nano CP-X BL is unmatched in 100 size or smaller out of box and bl mod. Stock its pretty fine also. Mini c/p is most stable C/P available.
Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM
Joined Jun 2014
495 Posts
Well, now I have 2 MiniCPs with BL main motors...the right escs arrived so I converted my stock Mini too. I had to change tail motor to a new 7mm brushed motor, and went with cnc swashplate. Test flight A-ok....three parts' orders arrived...nice! Happiness is when you mod, repair, tune, or buy a heli and it flies GREAT....
Last edited by ChespiIker; Yesterday at 02:14 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,190 Posts
I had hopes when i installed dual bl Walkera kit in Genius, but no joy. all bad reports were true. Funny they know this and still sell these kits. They had problems for a long time. I guess in the West they don't care at all.
I can see why some are not Walkera fans. When you have a problem no place to turn to with products. Helis are not as popular as planks and have seen no Hobby shops carry Walkera birds.
Old Today, 08:18 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
694 Posts
Its a shame but walkera is asking to get out of business. they will get what they deserve. unfortunately for us
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Old Today, 10:01 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,190 Posts
I hate to say this but you are righjt. I have flown my Walklera birds and having good time with them. Their lack of caring about heli guys will make them part of Micro History not to distant future. They lost alot of staff to certain toy company. I guess they can get along for some time as they still have some good sellers. Blade dropped a bunch of helis, but also came out with a few new ones. 200 SR-X/ 180 CF-X/ 300 CF-X.