HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:47 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,046 Posts
If anybody is going down to HK I can use some small 3 cell batteries. 370MHA

or if anybody has any extra 370 to 500 mha 3 cell they want to sell me or I can borrow for Sat night let me know thanks.

I looked at most web places are sold out of 450 to 500 MHA 3 S
pro bro steve is offline Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Last edited by pro bro steve; Dec 05, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:48 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,743 Posts
For you Futaba guys I've been having some good results with a few of these:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...ompatible.html

Wish I could find the good prices you DSM guys enjoy
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:12 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,046 Posts
They have a good price on the Futaba trainer cable HA HA.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/futaba-w...ner-cable.html
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:21 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
If anybody is going down to HK I can use some small 3 cell batteries. 370MHA

or if anybody has any extra 370 to 500 mha 3 cell they want to sell me or borrow for Sat night let me know thanks.

I looked at most web places are sold out of 450 to 500 MHA 3 S
Hobbytown in Everett has qty 4 Eflite 3s 30c 450mah at 42g left in stk as of yesterday.

I have 2 of them to experiment with until my preferred 2s & 3s lipos arrive hopefully this week. If my other lipos show you are welcome to borrow or buy my experimental Eflites.
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:38 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,046 Posts
Thanks Lee bring them I may borrow them. I am calling HK today to see if they got any 450 to 500 in yet. Or just get some 370 3 S MHa in stock.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:04 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,120 Posts
My friend's son, who I mentioned a while back, is looking for a used 50cc RTF plane to help get back into the hobby after several years. He has been involved in car racing for about ten years and has a young family, which typically means moving out of a really high-cost hobby into a somewhat less, high-cost hobby. I'm sure he would drive up from San Francisco if there was a a good reason. He's looking for an Extreme Flight Edge, Extra, Yak, etc, with a DA-60 or relative engine, or something in the same size from 3DHS... he may also consider something in the same size from Chief / Pilot RC with the right components. If anyone has something they would like to sell, and use the money for a new 91 Extra, which is where my spare cash would go, this may be a good opportunity. Please PM me if you have something interesting to consider.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:08 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
My friend's son, who I mentioned a while back, is looking for a used 50cc RTF plane to help get back into the hobby after several years. He has been involved in car racing for about ten years and has a young family, which typically means moving out of a really high-cost hobby into a somewhat less, high-cost hobby. I'm sure he would drive up from San Francisco if there was a a good reason. He's looking for an Extreme Flight Edge, Extra, Yak, etc, with a DA-60 or relative engine, or something in the same size from 3DHS... he may also consider something in the same size from Chief / Pilot RC with the right components. If anyone has something they would like to sell, and use the money for a new 91 Extra, which is where my spare cash would go, this may be a good opportunity. Please PM me if you have something interesting to consider.
Hi he may find something here in Wa . Calif has good to great buys all the time down there have him look at Flying Giants web.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:19 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,120 Posts
Will do... I've been looking at the FG ads and I'll send him the link so he can see what the market is like. Thanks.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:22 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,743 Posts
Hey guys, I'm passing this on to you from the MARC BOD inbox:

Dear Fellow RC Modeler....

My name is Bob Jones, and I am President of the High Sierra Radio Control Club, in Carson City, Nevada. One of our members, Les Harris is fighting a life or death struggle with the residuals of colon cancer. We are asking fellow RC flyers to go to the website www.rccancerfighter.com and if they can, make a contribution to the Les Harris Cancer Fund, or provide materials for display on the website.

We would like to receive videos, or links to videos and pictures showing activities at your club. We will make a webpage for your club giving out what ever information you would like about your club and showing your club activities. The page will be similar to the HSRCC page you see now. Our hope is to let as many people as possible see grass roots model aviation at itís best, and of course , generate donations to help Les and his family through this crisis. You may email me directly at: bobjones@rccancerfighter.com with any questions you may have.

Lastly I would like to ask you; if you are comfortable with it, to forward this email , or one of your choosing to as many of your members and contacts as possible and ask them to do the same. I am sure if we contact enough fellow modelers, out there, we can make a difference for Les and his family.

Thank you so much for your help and consideration. Bob Jones
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:37 AM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
762 Posts
Anyone checked in on old Vitter lately? Don't burn out on us Vit Vit!
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:46 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,442 Posts
DOODS!!
I found the most awesome add to pass to the wife for Christmas "suggestions"!!
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:51 PM
IT Ninja
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2012
214 Posts
Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that the Cinestar 8 multi-rotor copter that I've been using from Motofish Images is going up for sale soon.

They haven't been able to drum up enough business in order to justify keeping it around.

I'll be removing the FPV gear and returning it to (MCS) Joe prior to sale within the next couple of weeks.

Once I know their asking price, I will post here to see if any of you are interested.

It looks like the "Marcotics" video I am currently working on will feature the last of the footage taken from the copter.

Thanks,
-Chris H.
Captain Awesome is offline Find More Posts by Captain Awesome
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:15 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
DOODS!!
I found the most awesome add to pass to the wife for Christmas "suggestions"!!
Yep.. Bono Safety Glasses are all the rage this year.. they're worth the $1.50 price hike.
Get em before they're gone!!

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is online now Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:44 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Dman, I think you've found your gift exchange item!

OK, so for Saturday, I'm thinking we meet at Pagliacci Pizza at 5 pm, followed by Barn Owls flying at 6 pm. Those guys with Vapors and micro-Cessnas won't know what him 'em.

For Marcs flying, I'm thinking it be too cold, probably wet, and get dark too early, but maybe it will be nice day.

The Pagliacci is on Sand Point way just a mile or two from Barn Owls.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:18 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
Dman, I think you've found your gift exchange item!
Yeah that would be fun.
But I have family plans and will be with Y'all in spirit only.
Have fun and a slice of pizza for me!

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is online now Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx