SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2014, 03:46 AM
ROV Pilot
Norway
Joined May 2002
473 Posts
Ohh no, more tempting models to have and collecting dust..
jijohans is offline Find More Posts by jijohans
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2014, 06:38 PM
tpczx6
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Oct 2005
298 Posts
OK I got a few days in with the 801

day 1 with a high start and 10 to 15mph winds
not a great day to get it all set up but did find it had a bit to much nose weight. took some out and flew about 7 more launches.

Today was contest Day we get one pre flight to test then contest starts
1 test in a nice claim day I had to reset some of the trims as not a windy as 1st day. Plane floats a lot more then my old Supra and will move around the sky a faster too.
our contest does 4 rounds with a 5--9--12--14 in order
1st round I do a 5:03 with a 96 landing Need to work on approach and a bit fine turning on flaps
2nd round I add a bit more down comp to flap setting and hit a 8:59 with a 86 landing. I finding that this plane will track very well on approach I just put in down a bit soon also need to add more down for the landing hit ( will mix a Landing profile when I get home)
3rd round air was a bit tough and had to work the whole time. I was at 100feet at 5 min mark and moved from the bad air and was looking at landing points till a hit a small bump and worked that for my 12 I don't think I got over 100 feet for 6 min I still went over time 12:03 with a 86 again for landing
4th round found some air and worked it for 5 min before it went away and most every one was dropping out at that point only 3 of left in the air at this time. found a Maxa doing some low turns and moved over to see if I can get some help and I was able to work it again 120 in the air for the rest of the flight.
I took 1st in sportsman and 2nd over all in the contest
I can't wait to get more time on this plane and make my times spot on with landings
tpczx6 is offline Find More Posts by tpczx6
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:13 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2005
372 Posts
Nice job on the first flights. Just seeing some activity on this thread-great airplane! I set both of my elevator neutrals according to the instructions and they needed almost no clicks of trim for first flights.

Question-is the new center section (802?) a drop-in for the old (801)? Fuse/wing joint and tip joints?

BK
belouder is offline Find More Posts by belouder