HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 08:53 AM
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Discussion
Blade 200 SR X and Horizon customer service

Just wanted to share an experience with Horizon Hobby and the Blade 200 SR X. Out of the box the thing was great but after 4 weeks and multiple rebuilds and repairs (main gear, rear rotor, boom, grips, frames and servos are all quite cheap and fragile) the heli would no longer self level in intermediate mode.

I called Horizon 5 total times on the issue. They kept claiming it was a misprint in the instructions and the model was not able to self level in intermediate. Finally on call 5 I had them watch their own video from their website showing self level in both beginner and intermediate The response is yes, there is an issue and they would get back to me in a few days.

Yesterday the heli spun out of control and crashed, on inspection the rear motor was extremely hot to the touch. Made some adjustments and gave it some throttle and white smoke poured out of the main motor......

I have no issue repairing my heli's and parts breaking/repair are all part of the learning experience but I believe the issue started weeks ago when it started losing its self leveling ability and after 5 calls Horizon finally had me send it in for warranty repair.

All I can say is they need to get this right or they have lost a customer. Techs want to spend more time arguing that their isn't an issue then just listening to a customer and knowing the product line.
kinens is online now Find More Posts by kinens
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:22 AM
Joined Jul 2014
16 Posts
Sorry you're having a bad experience.

My 200 blew it's 2nd tail motor over the weekend and not wanting to shell out more money I decided to call HH.

To my surprised the rep agreed to send me all the replacement parts that failed and broke in the crash no questions asked. To me that says they're starting to acknowledge there's an issue at least with the tail motors/esc.

As far as your self leveling issue this is the first report I've heard of it.
Conradm is online now Find More Posts by Conradm