Old Jun 27, 2014, 06:56 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
508 Posts
Discussion
Which models were made in EPO

Hi Guys
Which GWS models were actually made in EPO

Some of the various sellers get this wrong in their listings (or dont state epo/eps), I would prefer an EPO rather than EPS GWS.
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:56 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,205 Posts
I am a bit of a GWS fanatic and it is safe to say that the heavy ones were made of EPO. Just messing with ya. To the best of my knowledge the EPO ones are as follows. E-Starter, Corsair, FW190, P40, AT-6, F15, Funny Park, Formosa, Formosa 2, Tiger Moth 400, 262 and the P51. The problem is that they made both EPO and EPS in these models. Any vendor on the net can and will mess this up. I have purchased two EPO AT-6's and they both came EPS, one P51 came EPS and a EPS Formosa that came EPO. About all GWS planes left to be had are EPS with the exception of the Funny Park, Formosa 1 and 2, P40 and the Tiger Moth 400 (Tower Hobbies and Headsuprc) has them. They are all winners in EPO but all fly better in EPS. Its hard to build a EPO plane this size and keep it light. There is two times to much material in the EPO versions to be flown with recommended power.

Hope this helped.
semperfi1970 is offline Find More Posts by semperfi1970
Old Jun 29, 2014, 09:45 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,663 Posts
Hi 1101,

The item numbers of EPO birds are different from the EPS ones. Just tell me what GWS birds that you would like to buy, I'll list them here for you. The surface of EPO looks shiny and smooth, while EPS foam looks not shiny at all.

Hi Semperfi1970,

Thank you for your supports and posts, you are a GWS fanatic indeed. EPS birds fly GREAT especially during final approach. Many pilots like you would like to use more powerful set up than what the manual stated, this certainly adds more juice when flying aerobatics. EPO should work better with your set up.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN