HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,220 Posts
Thanks

Good to know I don't need to worry about ESC changes

Will BLHeli flashed ESC's work as well with the vector FC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi,

I tested 2 sets escīs with simonk. one set cheapo hk esc and flashed simonk by myself and one set "BullTec" delivered with simonk and for comparison the oem escīs from a dji phantom.
all escīs are working well. compared dji-oem to those with simonk - simonk escīs are "smoother" in their reactions, but itīs hard to not notice the differences

regarding to rssi: as a spektrum user i tried out the flight-log data - but those informations were too complicated for me to evaluate the health of the rc-link in one short peek, so i added "DORA" to the system. DORA is connected to the dsmx data port and calculates rssi with this data. the output is an analog voltage between 0V (0% rssi) and 3,3V (100% rssi). this output is connected to the vectorīs analog rssi input.

cu Thomas
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Jun 15, 2014 at 07:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:59 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Thanks

Good to know I don't need to worry about ESC changes
Really??? In all the videos and in the manual, the Hz compatibility rating for the ESC's being used for multi rotor applications has not been disclosed, it is usually 400Hz and up but I cannot find any information put out by ET. Strange !! Has anyone found info on this ESC issue?
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:25 PM
User Registered
United States, NC, Kernersville
Joined May 2012
275 Posts
Thanks Thomas

Really looking forward to this thing. Gonna be fun to customize everything the way you want it.
freqdrive is offline Find More Posts by freqdrive
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:58 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
The Vector manual says it supports them directly with no filter needed (case 2 below):
2. Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) output – EZUHF™ and perhaps other receivers use this method.

At least on the FrSky, it hasn't been my experience that the RSSI output was in a readable pwm format. My servo tester works in reverse and can read pwm. I got wild readings from below 1000 to over 2000 on what I thought would be a pwm signal on the rssi output. (Though the vector may be prepared to deal with this.)

On openlrsng, you can configure rssi to be output on a servo channel as pwm, and I would expect this to work well with the vector.

Well, we will all know soon enough with our own experience.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:46 AM
Joined Dec 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyta View Post
well i had to buy one, and then my friend wanted one so i got 2! hopefully wont take long to get to uk.
Did you order from somewhere in the US? Would be interested if you get caught for import duty and VAT. I had considered this option myself but ordered from EFPV in UK just in case.

Stuart
sdemmery is offline Find More Posts by sdemmery
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:06 AM
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
473 Posts
Manual, colors

I'd like to complement Eagle Tree on the vastly improved manual for the Vector. The differences in organization, logic, index and general readability are huge! Congratulations on dealing with a long-term problem well, and thanks to all who worked on it.
One tiny caveat: I'm red-green colorblind, like about one fifth of the male users out here, and to my eye, the colors of the indicator bars on page 52 are indistinguishable.
Almost no one considers how many of us are out here. Manuals, LEDs, etc. are really tough for us. Consider that yellow-blue color blindness is much rarer, and that there are colors available that are readily distinguishable for us.
Very good manual, guys. Thanks
wazoo22 is offline Find More Posts by wazoo22
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:16 AM
Joined Jul 2007
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjohnson View Post
I've seen only one post of someone with a pre order from EagleTree getting their order shipped. I'm tempted to cancel my EagleTree order and get it from RMRC since they seem to be shipping everything. (Not to mention the 15% discount from RMRC)
Just got my "It Shipped" email from Eagle Tree
darkside41 is offline Find More Posts by darkside41
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Winsley
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdemmery View Post
Did you order from somewhere in the US? Would be interested if you get caught for import duty and VAT. I had considered this option myself but ordered from EFPV in UK just in case.

Stuart
You will probably find that buying in uk will cost just as much as buying from over seas, even you you get hit with import and vat, uk people charge double what overseas do, and you have to wait for uk to get stock, i brought 2 from rmrc, if i get hit with the import and vat, so be it, i still think it will be cheaper, but i will have it before the uk dealers have it, there all still on pre order!
kyta is offline Find More Posts by kyta
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:40 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Are eagletree shipping the units preordered through their website yet?
Yes. Got my notice yesterday.
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Jun 16, 2014, 08:28 AM
Thailand, จ.ประจวบคีรีขันธ์, Hua Hin
Joined Jul 2013
522 Posts
+1 shipped, ordered they day RMRC announced the arrival. They seem to be shipping with no particular sequence.
rank is online now Find More Posts by rank
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:04 AM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,368 Posts
Yes, all models available at RMRC currently:
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...vector&x=0&y=0
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:05 AM
United States, ID, Pocatello
Joined Apr 2013
419 Posts
My RMRC Vector order shipped! Ordered late Saturday, cant wait.
_Milo_ is offline Find More Posts by _Milo_
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:32 AM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,759 Posts
For all you that ordered. I would recommend having a servo lead crimper. This will help your setup go very smoothly and cleaner!
2dogrc
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:46 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogrc View Post
For all you that ordered. I would recommend having a servo lead crimper. This will help your setup go very smoothly and cleaner!
2dogrc
I have one but why do you mention this? RSSI input?
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:55 AM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,759 Posts
The video lead is a servo connector, and many TX don't have these stock. I also got JST taps for the power leads of the camera and VX.
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV