Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
chronic in training
L.A. beautiful san fernando valley
Joined Nov 2008
1,829 Posts
wow thats quite a move! I am in L.A now. no snow here to fly off of.
grfcon is online now Find More Posts by grfcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
Joined Jun 2007
429 Posts
Is there any water body to fly off?
Grass works too but there other planes which can fly off the grass....
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfcon View Post
wow thats quite a move! I am in L.A now. no snow here to fly off of.
DenisM is online now Find More Posts by DenisM
Old Today, 12:01 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post
Like Bill Cosby said, "You can't please everyone, but you can sure as heck pi$$ them all off."
Well. I guess it is your choice to fly like that. Not my problem at all. For sure, you are not doing the AMA a favor, neither yourself. Some more of these stupid show-off video's, and pretty soon you will looking at a complete ban for the whole FPV scene. I am pretty curious how your friends and other AMA members will like that.
The way you fly RC aircraft is not legal and you know it. Lets hope for all other responsible pilots, that it will not come to that point, but you are paving the road.
Maybe you can give them your AMA membership number also? I doubt you have one.

With best Regards
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Today, 12:30 AM
Live Free and Fly
Joined Apr 2013
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Well. I guess it is your choice to fly like that. Not my problem at all. For sure, you are not doing the AMA a favor, neither yourself. Some more of these stupid show-off video's, and pretty soon you will looking at a complete ban for the whole FPV scene. I am pretty curious how your friends and other AMA members will like that.
The way you fly RC aircraft is not legal and you know it. Lets hope for all other responsible pilots, that it will not come to that point, but you are paving the road.
Maybe you can give them your AMA membership number also? I doubt you have one.

With best Regards
Pat-T has got his panties in a twist, obviously, about something he knows absolutely nothing about. Did you see a single person in that video? Was anybody or any object in any "danger" whatsoever from the 2-lb foam plane? What is "legal," pray tell? There IS NO LAW regarding R/C in the U.S., other than the fact the U.S. Congress has said the FAA cannot regulate R/C models. Why don't you go do some research before coming on and trolling your incoherence.

I guess maybe jealousy is rearing its ugly head, because I can't figure out what else would be motivating the anti-FPV crowd in their strident attacks on fellow hobbyists.

Safety! Safety! Safety! Waaah! Big Brother rescue us! How many millions of birds are in the NAS every day at any single moment, yet hardly any strikes occur, and those that do are rarely serious. Now, how many FPV flights are in the NAS (regulated, not the below-400 ft that most fly in) every day, at any single moment? For those who are too lazy or incompetent to do the research, there are BILLIONS of birds in the NAS, and at most, maybe 10,000 R/C models of ALL types at any one time. For people like Patty, that means "odds of bird strike pretty good" -- "odds of R/C strike less than winning lottery."

The FAA has attempted to frame this as a "safety" issue when it's absolutely NOT a safety issue. I suggest people like Patty get their head out and defend "the hobby" -- FPV is the fastest-growing, most lucrative and enthusiasm generating segment of R/C in decades. That's not going to change because some pencil-neck fed got scared watching somebody's YouTube video.

I bet PAT-T would consider this safe:
Joe Nall 2007 Jet Crash (3 min 14 sec)

But this is somehow "unsafe" because it's flown FPV:
Hard Mounted Mobius (7 min 24 sec)

Yes, PAT-T, I will fly however I want, safely, and people like you will be the ones to "bring the hobby down" because of your small-minded "get them" attitude.

<My apologies to the OP or anybody who just wants to read about a great plane, the Polaris Ultra. But we're getting tired of anti-FPV trolls coming on and attacking something without any knowledge or experience of the issue.>
bmw111 is online now Find More Posts by bmw111
Old Today, 01:56 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfcon View Post
nice flyin..love the vid. where you at? don't have to be specific as some folks don;t seem to approve....
You bet!
Old Today, 02:38 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post
Pat-T has got his panties in a twist, obviously, about something he knows absolutely nothing about. Did you see a single person in that video? Was anybody or any object in any "danger" whatsoever from the 2-lb foam plane? What is "legal," pray tell? There IS NO LAW regarding R/C in the U.S., other than the fact the U.S. Congress has said the FAA cannot regulate R/C models. Why don't you go do some research before coming on and trolling your incoherence.

I guess maybe jealousy is rearing its ugly head, because I can't figure out what else would be motivating the anti-FPV crowd in their strident attacks on fellow hobbyists.

Safety! Safety! Safety! Waaah! Big Brother rescue us! How many millions of birds are in the NAS every day at any single moment, yet hardly any strikes occur, and those that do are rarely serious. Now, how many FPV flights are in the NAS (regulated, not the below-400 ft that most fly in) every day, at any single moment? For those who are too lazy or incompetent to do the research, there are BILLIONS of birds in the NAS, and at most, maybe 10,000 R/C models of ALL types at any one time. For people like Patty, that means "odds of bird strike pretty good" -- "odds of R/C strike less than winning lottery."

The FAA has attempted to frame this as a "safety" issue when it's absolutely NOT a safety issue. I suggest people like Patty get their head out and defend "the hobby" -- FPV is the fastest-growing, most lucrative and enthusiasm generating segment of R/C in decades. That's not going to change because some pencil-neck fed got scared watching somebody's YouTube video.

I bet PAT-T would consider this safe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR4CntziBe4

But this is somehow "unsafe" because it's flown FPV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLyUU-DYri4

Yes, PAT-T, I will fly however I want, safely, and people like you will be the ones to "bring the hobby down" because of your small-minded "get them" attitude.

<My apologies to the OP or anybody who just wants to read about a great plane, the Polaris Ultra. But we're getting tired of anti-FPV trolls coming on and attacking something without any knowledge or experience of the issue.>
First, do not call me Patty, only my friends can do that.
My knowledge about FPV technology and the connected laws will surprise you beyond your imagination. But I am professional grade, to be humble.
And I know very well what Congress decided, it is all over the internet.
However at some point, it will be AMA that will be forced to call you back.
Your claim that there where no people nearby is simply a no go.
I am not going to sum all that can go wrong, because some day it will come to you anyway. But again, it is your life.
Being a troll, wrong mister. I gave you my opinion as an responsible RC and FPV
addict, and I did not like your response one bit.
The fact that you start calling people "small minded", says a lot about you.
So, that is all what I need to say in this matter. I go on with my life.
Have fun and break a leg.
Old Today, 04:33 AM
Joined Jun 2007
429 Posts
What a troll, OMFG...
DenisM is online now Find More Posts by DenisM
Old Today, 07:53 AM
Northwest Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
2,655 Posts
Guys, please have some respect here. If you want to debate FPV, take it elsewhere. There are plenty of other threads for that.

Scott
Model Aero is offline Find More Posts by Model Aero