Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:48 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
That is the TH 40D Servo (digital). The stock digital upgrade servo. Troublesome was that on startup this servo was stripping slightly on high rate when putting left aileron in. Backed off of the overdriving of the servos being done in the radio at 125% in the travel adjust menu on the DX6i. Once that was done, deflection was still decent enough and the speed was there. I was so bummed to have risked damage to the plane in getting the old servo out and a new one in to have perhaps wound up with a brand new servo stripping and slipping. Well, it's working for now and it's feeling fun to fly the plane the way it's supposed to fly. Put a Futaba 3114 in the Standard CY to get that going this weekend too. A little bit heavy at 2 grams more than the stock 5g servo but plenty good in terms of quality. Always liked 2S and the 9" prop but this sagged a little on 2S. Works out OK I think but better for a 3S and 8" prop. Thanks for watching guys! Glad to see everyone is getting some good stick time in on the TH planes this winter.
Thanks for the info!
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Finally! Durafly Junior Review
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:12 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Nice Rolling Loop, Rolling circle.
When you do those super fast rolling harriers are you stirring the elevator and rudder sticks?, my mind cant even comprend moving my fingers that fast if you are!
Got to stir or there's no turning the plane in the box/gym... the gym is like a box and helps for outdoor a lot I think. it's all from practice rolling harrier and muscle memory repeating the motion faster but smaller... the plane will tell you if you are doing it wrong

While using more throttle, rifle rolling is a lot less exaggerated stick throws... timing different but same sequence and side of the aileron stick... on a straight line, the plane will do rifle with only aileron input and a smidge of up elevator in at the right time but keep a close eye on your height and pitch... as I go, altitude decides how long you can keep going before throwing in a more dramatic stick input to save the plane from the floor... and back to more harrier circles to gain altitude, slow it down and gain control or just go into a turn-around or another maneuver. Just getting used to it more because of the mini's killer roll rate. While I'm rolling in and out both clockwise and counter-clockwise now, rifle rolling comes to your favorite circles first and seals the deal on knowing a roller well. Rolling loops are kind of new to me as well and easier to learn on the mini than the standard due to size... Maybe that helps some... enjoy your flights guys!!!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3dhs fly low in east
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:38 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,862 Posts
Built my buddy's CY Mini for him (his 1st 3D and EPP plane) over the weekend and test flew it at today's indoor session.

I thought my CY Lite was the ultimate schiznit but this thing had me grinning like the Cheshire cat.

Let another aspring 3D pilot and he too had the same remarks. Definitely a Mini in both our futures.

It flies slow, it flies blistering fast, it rolls slow, it rolls lightning fast, it flies tight, it snaps, it maintains momentum, it is...

The perfect indoor 3D plane!

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:44 AM
Joined Oct 2012
473 Posts
ordered this plane because it would be the perfect size for indoor. I fly at a very busy indoor club that can sometimes be like flying in a Depron grinder. UMX 300's fly well but don't do to well in a mid air. The mini CY looked like it could take a hit and come out on top. While building it my expectations were low as I kept thinking it's gonna be too heavy and there is way too much flex in it. Took it out on the weekend and was totally impressed by it. I didn't notice any flexing affecting the way it flew and the plane flew very light. I find you have to fly "on it" a little more than a Depron floaty plane but the trade off is some really dynamic flight characteristics. I was also very impressed by the tracking through point rolls etc. and it's small size and maneuverability lets you fly it in a tight space. Took me a couple flights to get used to it and did manage to hit the floor a couple times but got away without even a scratch. This is definitely my "go to" indoor plane from now on.
PlaneButcher is offline Find More Posts by PlaneButcher
Last edited by PlaneButcher; Feb 08, 2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:08 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Glad to hear about your success!
If you haven't so try the 6x3 prop. You lose some on the top but you can fly really slow!
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:38 AM
Joined Oct 2012
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Glad to hear about your success!
If you haven't so try the 6x3 prop. You lose some on the top but you can fly really slow!
Thanks for the tip... I will give it a try.

Just as a reminder to everyone I am running 260mAh Nanos and had one go off on me right after plugging it in to the charger. I plugged in the lead and the balance port and was just about to hit the charge button when it went PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.
No flame but melted the heat shrink and wires and spit out some goo. I quickly chucked it in the backyard. Gotta keep an eye on these LiPos
PlaneButcher is offline Find More Posts by PlaneButcher
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:36 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,332 Posts
Forgot to mention good info on the 3 blade prop Stark. Luckily I read it before I saw them sitting at the lhs. I might drill out the 6x3 I have to work on the dualsky just for kicks. They work nicely on my mini leadfeather yak and the turnigy 1811 2000kv motor.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:57 PM
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, the 3-blade was not a hit. But do try the the 2-blade 6x3! It's great and a lot of fun for flying close and slow!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:41 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,481 Posts
+1 on the 6x3

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:01 PM
Thailand, Phuket
Joined Jan 2006
747 Posts
Mini Yak Beach flying in Thailand

Mini Yak at the beach in Phuket, Thailand. Sunshine and lite breeze......

Mini Crack Yak by RC Factory and Twisted Hobbys (2 min 59 sec)
Nimbus Dave is offline Find More Posts by Nimbus Dave
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:52 AM
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Great!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:16 AM
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Jul 2012
88 Posts
Some pictures of my Crack mini clone

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360343739.056478.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 112.2 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360343756.770219.jpg
Views: 73
Size: 115.4 KB
Description:

Painted by my dougther
042joasva is offline Find More Posts by 042joasva
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:12 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Avie how you getting on with yours is it built yet ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:28 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,354 Posts
Hey Guys... Here's my video of my mini Crack Yak and a couple other Twisted hobbys models at my campsite and at night!

Big Fun!

Twisted Camping Trip - Michael Wargo at Moss Park with Crack Yak Mini (8 min 11 sec)
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:23 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,332 Posts
Great videos, ND and mtwargo!

Nice clone, 042joasva.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot