delirious1 is offline Find More Posts by delirious1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2013, 12:22 AM
T-REX 250 -450-500-600-700G
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
344 Posts
super cool

Thanks FMA, this is an excellent option for medium and small helicopters!
I-FELN is offline Find More Posts by I-FELN
Old May 22, 2013, 10:16 AM
T-REX 250 -450-500-600-700G
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
344 Posts
firmware 2.43 HD with 30'

Today I've found the new release in Revolectrix download, released on May 14. Updated the CII and now would try it with T-rex 500
I-FELN is offline Find More Posts by I-FELN
Last edited by I-FELN; May 22, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:52 AM
Joined Nov 2004
87 Posts
FLIGHT MODE options for heli with HD100

I've attached a doc that I intend to utilize as an aide-de-memoire to assist me with what to expect from the five available Flight Modes when transitioning from the ground to above assigned Hard Deck altitude. So far this is what I've deciphered, it is work in progress on a Blade 400 to fill in my unkns that are highlighted in yellow. To date only four flights with hard deck module in Flight Mode "Level in Hard Deck"; however, this heli has been flown countless of times with only standard Co-Pilot setup. So far system is working as advertised, ER is rather abrupt; I've lowered pitch gain to 50 and set ER collective to 6 deg vice 8 deg. Will try to further reduce the P and R gain vice lowering TX ATV settings.
Rejean Boucher is offline Find More Posts by Rejean Boucher
Last edited by Rejean Boucher; Jun 25, 2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: updated attachement
Old Jun 25, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Nov 2004
87 Posts
Flight modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean Boucher View Post
I've attached a doc that I intend to utilize as an aide-de-memoire to assist me with what to expect from the five available Flight Modes when transitioning from the ground to above assigned Hard Deck altitude. So far this is what I've deciphered, it is work in progress on a Blade 400 to fill in my unkns that are highlighted in yellow. To date only four flights with hard deck module in Flight Mode "Level in Hard Deck"; however, this heli has been flown countless of times with only standard Co-Pilot setup. So far system is working as advertised, ER is rather abrupt; I've lowered pitch gain to 50 and set ER collective to 6 deg vice 8 deg. Will try to further reduce the P and R gain vice lowering TX ATV settings.
Could anyone please confirm accuracy to data in this table regarding what happens in the various flight modes. I have yet to experiment with manual emergency recovery. To date, I've placed a dozen or so flights with Hard Deck module and I am on version 5 of my table.
Rejean Boucher is offline Find More Posts by Rejean Boucher
Old Nov 23, 2013, 07:26 PM
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Sep 2013
20 Posts
CP II Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3159 View Post
I just got upgraded to a trex 450 plus from a Blade Sr...is the install difficult ?

I can't say anything about the hard deck module and static streamers. Sorry! I did install a Co-Pilot II on my first real heli though. ( Real is a matter of opinion here ) A Blade 450 3D. For many reasons I won't get into, I crashed my 450 3D before I even left the ground. Mighty embarrassing and frustrating.

Because this event lead me to believe that flying a heli was even harder than it is, I bought the CoPilot II. I don't think there was an available hard deck module at the time. If there was I missed the boat. Anyhow, without any heli experience at all, I added the CoPilot II to my Blade 450 3D.

I was amazed at the fact that I was able to lift off and hover in my driveway with it. Yes with houses and cars all around me. The CP II in my opinion is what kept me from dropping the hobby for the second and maybe final time. I once bought a NON CP heli at a hobby store and immediately crashed it. Bought some parts, crashed again right away. Gave up for two years.

I have to really give it to the design and operation of CP II. I had attempted to fly inverted with the 450 3D and because I read instructions AFTER I have a problem, I was flying with virtually NO negative pitch.

I started the maneuver at about 75 feet. Of course I immediately started to fall even with the stick all the way down. When I got below 10 feet, I finally pulled my head out and hit the switch to turn CP II on. I couldn't believe my eyes. The heli flipped over, I gave it full positive pitch/throttle, and it stopped falling a foot or two off the ground. That my friends is fast and accurate.

Unfortunately, my next mishap had me entering a severe brain freeze. I think my finger got to the switch as I was watching parts of the heli bounce into the air.

This is why I'm so jazzed about the hard deck module. I need something AUTO-MATIC!!! My first knowledge of any type of hard deck device was the Skookum 720 and GPS. Wholly Moses though, $949.00. Yikes. I suppose you may be able to get ten, maybe even twenty percent off, but still.

This is why I finally decided a few minutes ago and ordered the Hard Deck Module. I've already got the CP II full package minus H.D.M. so my only expense is $100.00. Unfortunately my T-Rex 450 Plus has an integrated FBL controller/RX which won't work with CP II. So I've got to use an old RX and buy a stand alone 3GX. ( It seems to be the cheapest good FBL controller I can get. ) The good news is that I found a 3GX can be had on ebay, new in the plastic and with V3.1 for under a hundred. I'm trying to get one for under $75.00 as I type.

So, that's $100.00 for the H.D.M. and $100.00 or less for the 3GX. I will be hard decked in weeks or days for under $200.00. I'd still like the Skookum set-up really. There will lots and lots of wires and tubes on my heli now. But hey, I'm saving over say $600.00, and I'm thinking the CP II is even more dependable.

Apparently the Skookum is very sensitive to vibration. Do you know what happens when the Skookum 720 gets too much vibration? The self-leveling (Bailout) shuts itself off. Nice huh? Apparently without warning. Since self-leveling is what happens when the Hard Deck altitude is reached, this is a problem.

I still want the Skookum!
justwannahavefun is offline Find More Posts by justwannahavefun