Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 27, 2014, 04:25 PM
no such thing as to many boats
Joined May 2010
1,736 Posts
Me , Doug , Paul and Ron showed up no boats went in the water .
louie R/C NUT is offline Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 04:45 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Jul 2011
1,692 Posts
Totally bummed here! I had 3 boats all charged and ready to go and the local weather said showers all day. Figured I wouldn't make the trip since it costs me $30 a shot to go play with you guys. Turned out to be NO rain and a beautiful day

I planned on water testing the unfinished Seguin and had got all the running gear working for the occasion. Wound up doing more work on it instead. at this rate it will be finished before it gets to the pond.

Bill
sound sailor is offline Find More Posts by sound sailor
Old Jul 27, 2014, 08:02 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,503 Posts
S.S, that's one of the Best Seguin's I've ever seen ~

It will be great to see it underway !
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 08:11 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,503 Posts
Louie here's another Big one for you:

Current bid: £250.00 [ 1 bid ]

Isn't there one of these in your club ?

Caldercraft Imara - Twin Screw Steam Berthing Tug - Length 1105mm - Beam 292mm Offered for sale is the Imara harbour tug, this is the premier Calder Craft model twin screw kit which currently retails at £460. The model has been built to a high standard to represent a weathered finish which would be appropriate for a working boat, it is also mounted on a solid oak stand and with drawings, twin motors are fitted and the lights are wired, requires batteries and radio control to sail. .The starting price reflects the qualtiy of this model.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Imara-Tug-/161378405773?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 09:20 PM
no such thing as to many boats
Joined May 2010
1,736 Posts
Bill it's coming out nice there is always next week .

Yes Tim that's one great boat .
louie R/C NUT is offline Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
Old Jul 27, 2014, 09:45 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,503 Posts
Seems like you guys have been visited by one of these ~

Maybe Paul will remember ...................
Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Feb 2012
288 Posts
Tim that's another nice looking tug. Lots of detail.

Nobody wanted to play today.
Weather man wrong again !!!

Bill your new tug is coming along nicely it should be ready by next Sundays run! Keep those guys in yard busy!

Doug
needabiggerboat is offline Find More Posts by needabiggerboat
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound sailor View Post
Totally bummed here! I had 3 boats all charged and ready to go and the local weather said showers all day. Figured I wouldn't make the trip since it costs me $30 a shot to go play with you guys. Turned out to be NO rain and a beautiful day

I planned on water testing the unfinished Seguin and had got all the running gear working for the occasion. Wound up doing more work on it instead. at this rate it will be finished before it gets to the pond.

Bill
Bill what type of wood did you use on the deck?
Band1 is offline Find More Posts by Band1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 32 Ford rat Rod
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Jul 2011
1,692 Posts
Paul, it is a scored birch sheet that came in the kit. I stained it and then clear coated it. I wish I had stained it before I glued it to the sub deck . Although I tried to be very careful edge gluing the seam a little glue did get on the deck and of course that doesn't take stain. fortunately it is in the very forepeak and doesn't stand out to badly.

Unlike my other builds, I am pretty much building it straight from the plans and using the kit materials. Today I made up the masts. With no lathe I chucked the dowels in my drill and used heavy grit sandpaper to get a taper. I took it to my test pond today and it is the smoothest running boat in my fleet. It has a 2 5/8" 4blade prop so I put a 500 55T motor in it and on 7.4v I had to set to 50% throttle max. to maintain a scale top speed. This hull just glides through the water and makes no sound at all! I will probably be adding sound and steam later so the setup and ballast is not permanent. I have a 4lb divers weight bag forward and a plastic bag of shot aft for now.

Bill
sound sailor is offline Find More Posts by sound sailor