HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: How much foam do you consume?
1 bundle or less per year 83 33.88%
1-2 bundles per year 98 40.00%
2-6 bundles per year 42 17.14%
1-2 bundles per month 7 2.86%
2-4 bundles per month 4 1.63%
4 or more bundles per month 11 4.49%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:21 AM
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Shipping

Do you guys use USPS to ship to Canada?
scott_f is offline Find More Posts by scott_f
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:06 PM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_f View Post
Yes they do . UPS charges way to many fees to get foam to us north of the border
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:49 PM
United States, AL, Cedar Bluff
Joined Oct 2005
2 Posts
This is great foam

Got my order a few days ago. Was very pleased with quick delivery. I was looking for foam to build a Polaris seaplane. Looked at Depron but saw MPF on one of the episodes of Flite test on Youtube. A lot more foam for less money so I tried it. Good stuff. Have cut out parts for the Polaris Only took one sheet as it is 24 x48 in. Thanks for putting out a great product. Also ordered carbon fiber tubes. Good quality. I have a lot of foam to do a lot of projects now. Thanks MPF
glennb007 is offline Find More Posts by glennb007
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:56 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,529 Posts
Quote:
I believe US/Canada Mail is the prefered shipping to Canada. I'm sure Mike (Springer) will stop by soon and provide the final answer.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:30 PM
Lost in Oblivia
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2010
119 Posts
I had one box shipped UPS to my US shipping address, just across the border in North Dakota and I had a second box shipped USPS directly to Winnipeg. Considering the time it takes to drive down to the border +fuel costs, it was more convenient and about the same cost getting it shipped USPS to my house in Canada. Both boxes were in similar condition upon arrival.

Regards

Christian
kaptain_zero is offline Find More Posts by kaptain_zero
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:44 PM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,065 Posts
I had a box of seconds(which was $25) shipped to me through UPS and after all the fees it cost as much as a box of the good stuff shipped through USPS
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:26 AM
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
This is why I wanted to verify the shipping method before I ordered. I have been screwed too many times by UPS. I sent MPF an email a few weeks ago asking about shipping, but I haven't heard back yet.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:37 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,341 Posts
Quote:
This is why I wanted to verify the shipping method before I ordered. I have been screwed too many times by UPS. I sent MPF an email a few weeks ago asking about shipping, but I haven't heard back yet.
Scott,
We apologize for not responding to your email sooner. We need to set up a couple of options on the website to forward these messages. Canadian orders go out by USPS Priority International shipping.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:59 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,458 Posts
Scott: yup, USPS to CanadaPost. funny, that all the satisfied customers already answered! Sorry I missed your email. I get all "contactus" mail and try to get an answer out as soon as practicable (sometimes the questions about shipping to xxx country take a bit, but Canada is a well known quantity as wilfor and Kap have told. I'll have to take a look at the site again and see if I note that it's USPS priority mail. I know I spent some words explaining priority mail being used for the international boxes.
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:42 AM
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Your website does indeed say USPS for international shipping (which Canada is), but you list Canada under the "Domestic Box" category without specific shipping mentioned, hence my confusion. Thanks again.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:01 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,341 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Your website does indeed say USPS for international shipping (which Canada is), but you list Canada under the "Domestic Box" category without specific shipping mentioned, hence my confusion. Thanks again.
That is because Canada gets the same box as the US. We might be able to change from the word domestic to North America, which is inclusive of our Canadian neighbors.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:10 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,155 Posts
You guys plan on adding any glues to your product line? Foam-tac would be a nice addition
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:22 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,529 Posts
WE have considered it and are still open to the possibility. However, since we cannot slide it in to a box of foam (like the carbon fiber we sell), it seems it would require dedicated shipping. If it has to be shipped seperately then what does it really offer the customer?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:30 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
You guys plan on adding any glues to your product line? Foam-tac would be a nice addition
I cant complain about the price these fine gents charge for thier great foam but when it come to foam tac i can say that after they raised the price to almost tripple of their old priced stuff was i wont be (Suckered ) buying any of it soon. . I will however be buying MPF from guys who dont gouge their fellow model builders. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:06 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,529 Posts
If you have not tried "Foam Cure" you should. I like it a lot better than FoamTac. For me it provides stronger bonds, lasts longer after opening and it available in a smaller lower cost package. Here is link to one source but others may have a better price. Let me know if you find one.
Last edited by bz1mcr; Feb 03, 2013 at 04:14 PM.