HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:27 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giakomo65 View Post
This is the project jabber 2013? : Popcorn:
maybe yes maybe no...
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:53 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Last night I re-read ALL this thread!
It made me happy to be a small part of this history making!!!

Keep up the good work, Edi!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:21 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
I just started up my new Workstation and Displays.
2x 27inch Fujitsu Siemens LED Displays powered by two Quadro Graphics Cards.
The Tower is under the table but thats not too exciting to look at
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Last edited by edi.winter; Oct 09, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Barcelona (Spain)
Joined Jun 2008
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
I just started up my new Workstation and Displays.
2x 27inch Fujitsu Siemens LED Displays powered by two Quadro Graphics Cards.
The Tower is under the table but that not too exiciting to look at
Edi believe in the right screen pixels have a problem, I guess I will have warranty ...
Pescarolo is offline Find More Posts by Pescarolo
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:58 AM
Registered User
Gartenzwerg's Avatar
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
641 Posts
..looks like it is time for a new Keyboard and Mouse as well
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:45 AM
Registered User
Bastelpeter's Avatar
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
154 Posts
I am curious to see what is behind the big pixels. Edi can you lift one or the other cover?? By the way, has the bike just fallen off the left display? If so, I am gonna buy the same screen.
Bastelpeter is offline Find More Posts by Bastelpeter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:57 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastelpeter View Post
I am curious to see what is behind the big pixels. Edi can you lift one or the other cover?? By the way, has the bike just fallen off the left display? If so, I am gonna buy the same screen.
Its great working on such large screens. The 20inchers I had before were okay, but to have a Bike on full screen larger than life is a cool thing
I dont think I should lift any of those pixels yet.
First its not finished
Second "someone" wouldnt be happy if I reveal it
Third I dont want to show it too early to the public
Fourth I dont want other bike builders to be inspired (or commit suicide
Fifth it might not work anyway.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
From this Thread posted by
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
OK, then, in '14 I will get a used J13!!!
.......
So... yes, patience is the key!
Speculating about a second hand market of a Bike that does not yet exist is quite enjoyable to read
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:42 PM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
I received a SMS from Clark saying he broke his brake servo...
shortly afterwards he sent the picture attached below. The bike went out of control and
hit solid completly maxed out.

What should I say.. this is the first really ruined Jabber the very first JABBER
that was ripped in half...
I was on my hometrack today and I think I felt the sting the moment he broke his bike in
northern germany.
Following information in detail:
1.)Financially this will cost him approx. EUR136,07 in Jabber spares...
2.)The fork (Alleven RC Motoproto CrMO) still runs free and is not bent. (Thanks Patrick).
3.)The Roadies front tire is still true and the rim isnt broken.
4.)Please note that we know what was the cause too... first to find it on this picture
will be ranked up on the pre order list for the JABBER 2013 by 10 places.
5.)Jabber TEAM internal: "Sorry Panti Du bist soeben übertroffen worden"
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
285 Posts
Looks like a knock off corona/frsky reciever to me...

-rskip


Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
I received a SMS from Clark saying he broke his brake servo...
shortly afterwards he sent the picture attached below. The bike went out of control and
hit solid completly maxed out.

What should I say.. this is the first really ruined Jabber the very first JABBER
that was ripped in half...
I was on my hometrack today and I think I felt the sting the moment he broke his bike in
northern germany.
Following information in detail:
1.)Financially this will cost him approx. EUR136,07 in Jabber spares...
2.)The fork (Alleven RC Motoproto CrMO) still runs free and is not bent. (Thanks Patrick).
3.)The Roadies front tire is still true and the rim isnt broken.
4.)Please note that we know what was the cause too... first to find it on this picture
will be ranked up on the pre order list for the JABBER 2013 by 10 places.
5.)Jabber TEAM internal: "Sorry Panti Du bist soeben übertroffen worden"
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskip View Post
Looks like a knock off corona/frsky reciever to me...

-rskip
the winner is.... rskip ...
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
Registered User
Gartenzwerg's Avatar
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
641 Posts
..poor little Jabber..

Can't believe that he used a cheap Receiver.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:39 PM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
..poor little Jabber..

Can't believe that he used a cheap Receiver.
Check out this thread
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
The ...ahem... original Corona receivers have not presented me with ANY troubles so far... I've used them for the last 3 years in Grenoble, Lostallo, Riccione (yeahh... I like to brag about the Worlds I've been to!!!) not to mention various vehicles, like KP09, SB-5, Xray TC mod, HPI Baja 26cc petrol and a couple others I dont remember, in countless races and practice sessions...

And people joke about the two antennae poking out of the receiver... Oh well...

And to think that the radio is a 1988 Futaba T3UCP (a.k.a. FF3), which in its heyday was operating 40MHz PCM/FM modes. Nowadays, with a Corona DSSS V2 module in the back it signals said receivers...
However, due to the FF3 being so heavy and quite unbalanced transmitter when the FM (fishing-rod-like) antenna is pushed in, I am considering a modern stick radio, probably some new Sanwa, along with its modern receivers...

Not sure about Corona copycats, though...

Is Clark sure the receiver was the problem?
(I recall you had some electronic issues during the finals at Riccione, too, Edi... What was it, do you know?)

Edit... I just read ALL that thread... I actually repeated here, what I had said then.. But then again I am using Corona and not Frsky...
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Last edited by steliosh; Oct 20, 2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: one more thought...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
Registered User
Gartenzwerg's Avatar
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
641 Posts
I knew he said that somewhere, but couldn't remember where
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oops, must stop showing off wildpalms Parkflyers 6 Aug 08, 2012 02:46 AM
OFF TOPIC: Pics From Air Show ProLeisure Slope 1 Aug 26, 2003 01:10 PM
Showing Off Corona at Flyin Breakfast AirVenture Electric Heli Talk 2 Jul 13, 2003 01:00 PM
New prototype from China microflyer77 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 8 Sep 10, 2002 04:55 PM
Showing off with the Mini Max Vonbaron Parkflyers 1 May 15, 2002 01:14 PM