HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:13 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
Discussion
mini cp servo saver mod tension?

hi, i have kinda messed up a servo saver mod :/ and made the slits nice with a razor blade from an old Bic razor, but i tightened up the screw too much and pretty much made it VERY loose, it would slip when moving cyclic.

i then put 3.5mm heat shrink around it, and gave a little heat but it melted one of the servo arms etc, and now i think my servos are gone.

with help from itsmillertime i have the zero pitch setup down to a T.

but wanted to know what the best thing is to help with tension around my servo horns.

i dont want to cut into them again and it go all tits up.

would something like 2mm heat-shrink be ok? ( or what size is servo horn? )

just dont want to mess it up again as i had to buy 2 servos ( as i think its the two back ones that have gone and im going to buy a third just to replace them all.

i see people have used 2mm fual hosing pipe, o-rings, etc etc, i just dont want to mess up my servo horns again as now they are superglued on lol and im waiting for delievery of my new ones.

thanks in advance
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:22 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Do you fly inverted or do 3D? I don't. From the many crashes I had on my Genius, I've never busted a servo. So, the servo saver mod is not something I need to do.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:06 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
i dont quite fly inverted but i like to get it up 20-30 ft and flip it and hover a bit upside down, i havnt yet crashed upside down but ometimes tend to loose orientation and it will hit the ground. im going through tail booms liek theres no tomorrow and even resorted to putting 3 coctail sticks in the main body with the motor on the end worked aswell hehe

just i attempted to do a servo saver mod and messed it up i had to glue the servo horns on. so i got 3 new servos oming
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123