SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2014, 09:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
66 Posts
Discussion
Trying to fix transmitter on Heli

Hi,

I bought one of those micro helicopters that function through infrared.
A while ago, the transmitter stopped working and I decided to have a look inside.
I've got a little knowledge in electronics so I've been poking around in the circuit board with my multimeter trying to see if there are any faulty connections, etc...

Because the board itself is quite crammed, I had to disconnect some wires to get access to the main circuit board. I did take pictures of where those wires were connected so that when I put it back together, I'd know where to solder them.

Unfortunately, my phone died and the pictures got deleted along with it. So now, I am at a loss: the heli itself turns on and is functional but can't fly because I don't have a transmitter.

If I can, I'd like to fix the transmitter but a) I don't know where those wires connect to anymore and b) I still haven't found the fault in the transmitter itself.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I have thought about replacing the transmitter entirely but it is honestly not worth it, the heli is about 8 years old and I don't really want to waste money on a new one. Besides, I've grown attached to this and also, I'd like to learn how to fix this to improve my own electronic knowledge.

Any thoughts appreciated, best wishes!
Nelatonin is offline Find More Posts by Nelatonin
to remove ads between posts