SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2014, 03:13 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,826 Posts
should be able to see that! nice paint work!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2014, 03:21 PM
Keith Thomas
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
THANKS. It's a bit of work, glassing, filling, priming, painting but it's worth it to me. I finally have it buffed out, it's looks better now.

That's the beauty of sport jets, you can make them wild as you want, different story building a scale F-86 for sure.
keithtsr is offline Find More Posts by keithtsr
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:33 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
I'm going to back up 10 yards and punt with the Dynamax. I never say quit but I quit.lol

I search through the hardware stores and finally coming up with a good sleeve. It took a little work and I had it then............

I spent/wasted about 4 hours machining, drilling sanding and made a plate to adapt the HET motor to the fan and it's just won't work. trying to get everything lined up was not happening today. About the time I had one thing lined up the others would be off, back and forth until it looked like Swiss cheese.

I'm either going to have to break down and buy an adapter or try maybe a Jetfan 120, they are about the same money.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:13 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,653 Posts
Advantage to the Jet Fan for weight. Sound and durability go to the Dynamax. The Jet fan sounds sweet too, but the Dynamax is better. The plane was built for the Dynamax but the JF will easily fly it and work great. If it were mine I think I would stick with the Dynamax But I admit I would like to see it go with the JF too
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Oct 01, 2014, 09:48 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
I have worked on converting the Dynamax for almost a week now with no luck. I'm not giving up just yet. One problem with living in the middle of no where is getting what you need. I have to order 2" aluminum round rod and try to machine it down to make things work. I guess It would take another 10 hours or so to get that done......sooooo I punted, I ordered a Jetfan 120.

When it comes in I'll extend the duct as far back as I can get the fan to go. Can't see any other way to make the cg work out. Speaking of cg, at 38" from the tip of the nose the cg look pretty far forward.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 09:53 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Aug 2010
19 Posts
Cyclone CG

The manual I got with mine states with nose of aircraft up to wall measure back 37 7/8 inch with empty tanks or 38 inches with half fuel hope this helps
rotomatt is offline Find More Posts by rotomatt
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:38 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
Thank you, the manual I have says about the same thing. It just seems pretty far forward to me. It's probably right, I just need to make a few calculations so I will feel better. Waiting on weather now.

Thanks for helping!