HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:01 AM
Joined May 2010
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm View Post
I'm not quite sure what this means. Can the JB Profi be used as a stand alone to monitor telemetry from a jeti rx that is receiving telemetry from a mezon esc without the use of a jeti tx in the US?

Yes no problem, switch receiver to Telemetry setting and bind it with ProfiBox.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:04 AM
United States, NH, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2002
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
And how does it effect the standalone telemetry? All functionality is moving to Jeti transmitters, Jeti is discontinuing all Tx modules as well in next few months.

Also new line of sensors is ready for EX Bus and can be programmed by Device Manager, Jeti is moving forward no backwards.

Zb/Esprit Model
I never said it effects standalone telemetry. I said that it is crippled in the US so it can not act as a transmitter module, while the rest of the world has a more versatile device that can act as a module. Is that untrue? If it wasn't crippled in the US the one you sell would be perfect for people like Bruce who want to train others using his Jeti. Right? You can't spin intentionally limiting the functionality of this device as a positive. It isn't positive, it makes the device less functional and it is a shame to lose that ability.
ncrego is offline Find More Posts by ncrego
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:25 AM
Which one is aileron again?
USA, VA, Blacksburg
Joined Apr 2006
809 Posts
Not only can it act as a module but I believe it can do even more using the bidirectional communications.

I purchased the JetiBox Profi to access the telemetry from my Mezon ESCs without laying down the ~$2k to switch over to a Jeti transmitter. I had hoped to one day try out the module mode with my JR transmitter and several of the other features of the JetiBox Profi only to learn that these features are disabled and unavailable in the US.

One neat thing I learned is that all the alarm setpoints are stored in the Jeti devices so, I believe I should be able to transfer my Jeti receiver from model to model and have all my telemetry and alarms work perfectly.

To add insult to injury, the Rsat2 is STILL not FCC approved. I honestly don't know why Espritmodel even stocks the Rsat2 when we can't use it here. I thought about buying it anyway and trying to use it illegally but in the end I went with the more expensive R3/RSW which has features I'll probably never use.

If Jeti drops support for the Profi, I will be extremely disappointed.
Quote:
For 2015 we are preparing many innovations, not only among DUPLEX products. Over the years, we have managed to maintain mutual compatibility of our products and we believe that in the coming years thereŽll be no difference. Our new products therefore offer to its users not only better properties, but they also bring added value in cooperation with older products.
prototype3a is online now Find More Posts by prototype3a
Last edited by prototype3a; Dec 10, 2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 09:28 AM
Joined May 2010
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrego View Post
I never said it effects standalone telemetry. I said that it is crippled in the US so it can not act as a transmitter module, while the rest of the world has a more versatile device that can act as a module. Is that untrue? If it wasn't crippled in the US the one you sell would be perfect for people like Bruce who want to train others using his Jeti. Right? You can't spin intentionally limiting the functionality of this device as a positive. It isn't positive, it makes the device less functional and it is a shame to lose that ability.
You should really think before you say something, since day one we advertised Profi as Standalone Telemetry Display, Never as RF module. It means how could you loose something you did not even need/know at first place?

It works exactly as it was advertised.

There is no spin, agreement with Jeti ALWAYS was that we will not certify Profi because the development stopped and Jeti is moving towards transmitters.

You can repeat something as many times as you want but it does not make it true.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 10, 2014, 09:40 AM
Joined May 2010
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
Not only can it act as a module but I believe it can do even more using the bidirectional communications.
NO IT cannot, it never could work wirelessly with receivers. That functionality is only for Transmitters with Device Explorer since 2.22 update. The Profi is very simple device, also since radio came all receiver programming was dropped in a favor of communication protocols UDI, EX Bus and programmable pins. There is just not enough memory.

It means STOP making stuff UP.

Quote:
I purchased the JetiBox Profi to access the telemetry from my Mezon ESCs without laying down the ~$2k to switch over to a Jeti transmitter. I had hoped to one day try out the module mode with my JR transmitter and several of the other features of the JetiBox Profi only to learn that these features are disabled and unavailable in the US.
What are you talking about, telemetry still works just fine. Also fully functional, programmable radio starts from $895.00

Quote:
One neat thing I learned is that all the alarm setpoints are stored in the Jeti devices so, I believe I should be able to transfer my Jeti receiver from model to model and have all my telemetry and alarms work perfectly.
Once bound it will recognize same receiver over and over. Alarms are set in Sensors or Radio, but everything is moving to Tx.

Quote:
To add insult to injury, the Rsat2 is STILL not FCC approved. I honestly don't know why Espritmodel even stocks the Rsat2 when we can't use it here. I thought about buying it anyway and trying to use it illegally but in the end I went with the more expensive R3/RSW which has features I'll probably never use.
Another silly argument, we did not certify RSat2 because we have R3/RSW.
RSat is old design, no longer capable of supporting all other stuff. Why on earth we would spend money on something that is obsolete? The R3 is fully programmable, full range, works also as wireless switch.

Quote:
If Jeti drops support for the Profi, I will be extremely disappointed.
They will not, Profi is working fine as it is.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 10, 2014, 09:42 AM
Joined Aug 2002
1,034 Posts
Quote:
You should really think before you say something, since day one we advertised Profi as Standalone Telemetry Display, Never as RF module. It means how could you loose something you did not even need/know at first place?

It works exactly as it was advertised.

There is no spin, agreement with Jeti ALWAYS was that we will not certify Profi because the development stopped and Jeti is moving towards transmitters.

You can repeat something as many times as you want but it does not make it true.

Zb/Esprit Model
I'm sorry ZB, what were you lying about again? I JUST copied this from http://www.jetiusa.com/product.php?id=16:

Quote:
The JetiBox Profi is designed to be an easy to use mobile wireless device for viewing, processing and storing your telemetry data or for programming JetiBox compatible equipment. The JetiBox Profi also is designed to work in two different wireless modes with the Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz systems. In Monitor mode it can only receive its data by "listening" to the existing connection between a Duplex 2.4GHz equipped transmitter (or transmitter with Duplex module) and a Duplex receiver. In Tx mode the JetiBox Profi sends and receives data directly to/from your Duplex 2.4GHz receiver. This is done using the standard PPM signal generated by most transmitters. Using the universal mounting set, your JetiBox Profi can be used as a Duplex transmitter module.
Yes, you took that out of the description you posted on Esprit's site, but the Jeti USA site still clearly says it. It's been brought up in the past in various threads to you that if it doesn't do that in the USA, it shouldn't say it on the Jeti USA site, but it's still there.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 09:51 AM
Joined May 2010
1,812 Posts
Man you are just silly. Same thing over and over. You know we have disclaimer on our web site that we are not responsible for typos. Also you are welcome to buy it on that web site.

By the way here is new Jeti USA web site, that comes on-line tomorrow.
http://shop.jetiusa.com/
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 10, 2014, 02:15 PM
Joined Aug 2002
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Man you are just silly. Same thing over and over. You know we have disclaimer on our web site that we are not responsible for typos. Also you are welcome to buy it on that web site.

By the way here is new Jeti USA web site, that comes on-line tomorrow.
http://shop.jetiusa.com/
An entire paragraph talking about a feature that you say doesn't exist isn't a "typo", ZB. That has been there for years, advertising that in the USA the Profi is also a transmitter module.

Incidentally, both the original manual and the edited manual for Esprit customers on that new USA site you linked say:

Quote:
7.2 Tx Module Wireless Communication Mode
In this mode your JETIBOX PROFI sends AND receives data directly to/from your
Duplex 2.4GHz receiver. This is done using the standard PPM signal generated by mosttransmitters. Using the universal mounting set, your JETIBOX PROFI can be used as aDuplex transmitter module. To operate your JETIBOX PROFI in this mode you mustbind your JETIBOX PROFI to the receiver as shown. During the bind process yourJETIBOX PROFI adds the receiver ID number to its internal directory of equipment towhich it can communicate. You only have to do this one time. Once the receiver’s IDnumber has been stored, they will automatically start communicating when they are both
turned ON.
Damn typos advertising things that you claim were never advertised.
Last edited by ncrego; Dec 10, 2014 at 02:21 PM.