SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2014, 12:52 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Been looking at some videos and some people seem to flip this thing in 4-5 feet. Any tips to get mine to flip faster?
Are your prop edges really clean and sharp? That's where the rubber meets the road and bad tires lose traction. Props take the first hit with any impact. Especially the leading edge which is most important as far as airflow over the prop goes. Little nicks and dents majorly hurt thrust.

Also any impacts that caused bends that are easy bent back hurt thrust. When you hold the quad level at eye height and run the throttle up a little all the props should appear to be in a single flat plane.
jbarchuk is offline Find More Posts by jbarchuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2014, 01:02 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,580 Posts
I think they are ok. Will check it out when I fly it tonight.
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Dec 08, 2014, 01:46 PM
Zippin Here and There
United States
Joined Aug 2014
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Like I said, travels are maxed out at 150 and dual rates are maxed out as well.
Turn the dual rates off
Zippets is offline Find More Posts by Zippets
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2014, 08:10 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2010
313 Posts
So most of my props are getting beat up except for the one I replaced. I'll place an order for some more props on HK. It seems from reading the comments that hopping up the motors have more variables than I thought. After replacing one of the booms and a prop my mQx just won't lift off but rotate off an anchor point like one of the props. That's why I thought of replacing the motors with one with more thrust. Now it appears I'll have to trouble shoot the weak motor(s). I don't want to sacrifice forward speed for more lift.
fmimages is offline Find More Posts by fmimages
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:07 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippets View Post
i know i can run nano board on mqx frame but i want to + configuration
on this quad
I'm 110% sure you can't run in + config.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131