HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:42 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001 View Post
Someone gave me a stryker that was crashed on the first flight. About the first 2-3" of the nose is broke off. Should I try to repair it with some gorilla glue and cf rods? Maybe just strip the electronics and use them on something else like the hobbyking bonsai.
Well, if it's not too bent up, it's definitively an easy repair, exactly as you described. Just make sure the Gorilla glue doesn't expand too much and you'll be all set! Fly it, it's and awesome (but fast) little bird.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:10 AM
I can fix that!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jul 2011
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Well, if it's not too bent up, it's definitively an easy repair, exactly as you described. Just make sure the Gorilla glue doesn't expand too much and you'll be all set! Fly it, it's and awesome (but fast) little bird.
I've glued noses back on several times. (multiple Strykers)
I use the white Gorilla glue and use tape to hold the pieces together, so the expanding glue won't shift them apart.
doug.wagner is offline Find More Posts by doug.wagner
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:25 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner View Post
I've glued noses back on several times. (multiple Strykers)
I use the white Gorilla glue and use tape to hold the pieces together, so the expanding glue won't shift them apart.
Modelling pins are really handy for this:

Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
Tennessee
Joined Dec 2005
186 Posts
Am I suppose to do something to my dx6i to fly this plane? Also any pointers on radio settings for the Stryker. All I very fly is nitro and have an eflite pt-19. I am sure this is going to fly a lot different
joallen001 is offline Find More Posts by joallen001
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:49 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Am I suppose to do something to my dx6i to fly this plane? Also any pointers on radio settings for the Stryker. All I very fly is nitro and have an eflite pt-19. I am sure this is going to fly a lot different
I think you have to take the top hatch off and change the plugs around. I quick search of the thread should find the answer.

Flying wise, stick to what they recommend in the manual and stay on low rates. Also, launch frisbee style at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Get it up high, but keep it close, as it's all to easy to lose orientation. To land, chop the throttle, give it full up elevator and it should pancake down.

Explore high rates when you want to try the tricks.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:55 PM
Tennessee
Joined Dec 2005
186 Posts
Thanks Gerry. Been searching and see discussion on the issue. Just cant seem to locate the how to fix. Will keep looking.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,052 Posts
Quote:
Am I suppose to do something to my dx6i to fly this plane?
Did you get the manual with it? You can DL it directly from PZ.

Here's the manual:

http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...-Manual_EN.pdf

And here's an addendum even though it looks correct in that manual:

http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...dum_083111.pdf

The Dx6i stuff is on page 9. My manual was an incorrect one, but I figured out the proper settings on my own.

I forgot if I could do this with my 6i, I think I did. I use a Dx8 now. For launching, I made a mix from the gear switch to the elevator channel. With Gear 'down', I made it have a little more up elevator. That way I could hand launch with no throttle (It'll glide a while) and have time to get both hands on the tx. Then when you wonder why it keeps climbing, tell yourself "Self, bring up the gear!" and it'll be back to regular trim.

Good luck. It's a really fun plane!
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:34 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Gerry. Been searching and see discussion on the issue. Just cant seem to locate the how to fix. Will keep looking.
You should just have to swap the servo plugs in the RX and it will work fine after you reverse the proper channels.

The DX6i uses opposite servo sides for "Delta Mix" than all of the other Spektrum radios.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:55 AM
Tennessee
Joined Dec 2005
186 Posts
Ok looks like I just have to reverse aileron. I thought I had to actually open the radio up and swap a wire around.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:14 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,052 Posts
Quote:
Ok looks like I just have to reverse aileron. I thought I had to actually open the radio up and swap a wire around.
Well, since you got it used, that depends if the previous owner already did the swapping of the plugs on the rx. (Not the tx.) I'd set the reverse settings like it says and see if everything goes the right way. If not, then swap those leads.
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:03 PM
Tennessee
Joined Dec 2005
186 Posts
Got it all fixed. I did have to swap the plugs on rx. Only thing I am a little concerned about is I had to reverse aileron instead of elevator. The manual says to reverse the elevator. Everything looks to be working perfect thought..
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:28 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Got it all fixed. I did have to swap the plugs on rx. Only thing I am a little concerned about is I had to reverse aileron instead of elevator. The manual says to reverse the elevator. Everything looks to be working perfect thought..
The Servos in the Brick can be reversed using stick logic when you plug the battery into the brick.

If it works, it works.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
Tennessee
Joined Dec 2005
186 Posts
Stryker flew perfect today! I set it up just like the manual states. Still not comfortable enough to try high rates out though. Thanks for everyones help on the setup and rx changes.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:55 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,775 Posts
Pretty soon you'll be leaving on High Rates!! Have fun!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:24 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
930 Posts
...another video from me shows Boomerang landings positive/negative

Horizon Micro Stryker 180 - Boomerang landings (2 min 40 sec)
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count