SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:17 PM
Joined Dec 2009
12 Posts
Help!
Need help converting Guillow's Piper Super Cub 95

This is my first time actually converting a model into an R/C. I chose the Piper because I am more familiar with it than, say, the Hellcat, but I do not know where to start. I have not even unwrapped the box because I know I might mess it up, but it is hard to keep my hands away... Can someone tell me where to begin, what to convert, HOW to convert, and stuff like that? Thanks.
hahakingpin is offline Find More Posts by hahakingpin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:24 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,594 Posts
Not familiar with the Piper but my B17 guillows plan contained but model for display plans as well as extra plans and step to take if you wanted to make the model flyable (ucontrol line).

If yours does not, then several things are to be considerer.

Weight is always a factor so you dont want to go crazy with reinforcing everything with extra wood but some will be needed.
Firewall or where the motor will mount is where you are going to want to reinforce as well as where the control surface hinges are going to be.

Then building the model with moveable control surfaces is something else.

Ailerons, elevator & rudder unless this model as dihedral wing then you could get away with elevator rudder only.

Then build the airframe with some sort of access hatch is also to be considered, you need access inside to swap out battery and insert electronics.

the added weight of said electronics will of course mean you will need a strong landing then original designed. All these things must be taught of first as to not have to back step when building.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:48 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,771 Posts
These threads may help -

Guillow's Piper Super Cub 95 - Brushless Conversion

also - Guillows piper super cub 95 conversion.HELP

and - Guillows 20" Piper cub RC conversion
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Nov 17, 2014, 03:14 AM