SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2014, 06:41 PM
JJL
Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo Oeste
Joined Jun 2013
65 Posts
Just to update, I finally received my iCharger 306b yesterday and after setting it up I started charging all my lipos for today.

Everything worked out fine, even charged some Nimh battery packs for my radios.

I just got back from a fun day of flying and started doing storage charge , in that regard I would like to know if it is possible to set a charging rate and a discharging rate for storage mode. For example, on my other charger I use to set 3.3 amps for discharge and 1.7 amps for charging and when I did a storage charge it would use those values to determine what rate to use when it had to charge and what rate to use when it had to discharge.

On the iCharger when I go to storage charge I'm able to set a amp rate and from what I was reading on the manual, it would use that same rate to charge or discharge.

Can someone please clarify this.

Thanks,

George
JJL is online now Find More Posts by JJL
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2014, 08:19 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,254 Posts
Correct, it will try to use that rate for either charging or discharging to storage.

If the set current would exceed the available discharge watts (80W max), it will only go up to the limit, however many discharge amps that would be.
RedOctobyr is online now Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
Old Sep 27, 2014, 08:38 PM
JJL
Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo Oeste
Joined Jun 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
Correct, it will try to use that rate for either charging or discharging to storage.

If the set current would exceed the available discharge watts (80W max), it will only go up to the limit, however many discharge amps that would be.
Hey Red, thanks for the confirmation.

I actually had some packs left over with full charge and wanted to discharge them at a higher amp rate so I set the charge/discharge rate to 3 amps and it worked perfectly; for the packs that where used, since I usually bring them down at around 3.80ish x cell, I set the charge/discharge rate to 1.7 amps.

Everything came out perfectly, now my packs are hibernating until next Saturday when they come out and play .
JJL is online now Find More Posts by JJL