HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2013, 06:57 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Hope this will give you some inspiration, the first ever jet model I have flown, no experience with jets, only helicopters but I managed to bring it down in one piece with slightly bent nose gear, 8kilo model BTW, Regards, Joe.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:30 PM
Sometimes it work some don't
╔mirats arabes unis, Ras el Kha´mah, Ras Al-Khaimah
Joined Oct 2010
944 Posts
I get you Joe no worries, thanks for the inspiring picture. Not sure about paint scheme if there will be any, actually my Depron is not so happy with paint, not because I'm using the wrong paint and it all melt into a big blob of foam lol no it is just with the sort of vinyl covering the paint doesn't stick. So my technique is to use those A4 label paper, that I print some design on and stick that to my plane instead, it works great but add a little bit of weight, that is why I'm not going crazy on full plane decoration... Just here and there, a strip or a drawing, some inscription and I'm good with that.

Any thought on how to decorate mine will be welcome.
RCSquale is offline Find More Posts by RCSquale
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:41 PM
Joined Oct 2010
944 Posts
I was thinking about that yesterday and I have no idea if it is feasable at all or if it will have anything to interfeer with the radio waves but in order to have that metallic look, I was thinking to cover the entire plane with foil, that same use for cooking.

I know it might sound crazy but it is just an idea, it would definitly finish the plane awesomely and on top of that having some labeling paper stripes or design that will be covered with clear tape to keep the shine of a so called paint.

Again if anyone have anything to say about that please feel free, I would be intersted if it would interfeer in anyways with the transmission between TX/RX? And if it won't interfeer in anything, how and what type of glue must I use for that?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:17 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,488 Posts
What you need to do, is do a search for WBPU in this forum. It's Wated Based
Polyurethane. There are 32 threads I found in a search. A lot of the guys use this before they paint. Often mixed with talcum powder as a filler. Using several light coats, with sanding in between, it provides a great finished surface.

Read up on it. It's a very good way to go for your type of build.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:24 PM
Joined Oct 2010
944 Posts
Thank buddy, will do.
Old Aug 01, 2013, 03:55 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSquale View Post
I get you Joe no worries, thanks for the inspiring picture. Not sure about paint scheme if there will be any, actually my Depron is not so happy with paint, not because I'm using the wrong paint and it all melt into a big blob of foam lol no it is just with the sort of vinyl covering the paint doesn't stick. So my technique is to use those A4 label paper, that I print some design on and stick that to my plane instead, it works great but add a little bit of weight, that is why I'm not going crazy on full plane decoration... Just here and there, a strip or a drawing, some inscription and I'm good with that.

Any thought on how to decorate mine will be welcome.
Mate, I find painting depron is just about the easiest thing to do. You can use any, but acetone/acrylic based spray cans but easiest way I find is any water based house paint. I normally give it a coat or two of water based white or grey primer before final coats. Using water based filler after the primer is applied is also easy way to spot any imperfections, easy done, Joe.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Aug 03, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Oct 2010
944 Posts
Thanks Joe, will give it a try again.