SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2014, 09:50 AM
Germany, NDS, Wolfenbüttel
Joined Dec 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
If you put a D2826-6 2200KV in both the Radjet 800 and Z-84 Wing Wing - on 3S, which would be faster..which one would handle better?

...and which prop would be best?

Thanks,
-mike-
Remenber the fact that TGS Sport prop has 23 % more power than APC-E prop,
so 6x4 TGS Sport prop is the best.
ruppwf is offline Find More Posts by ruppwf
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2014, 08:53 PM
Joined May 2010
1,848 Posts
i like APC sport prop best for most of my 3s pusher jets they are designed for nitro engines but are a favorite for many guys in electric setup like radjet and strykers
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:04 AM
Hey Norm!!
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
I would love to get one. I am between beginner and intermediate. I just wonder if 100+MPH may be too much for me. It sounds like fun though.
Jerryzito is offline Find More Posts by Jerryzito
Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:09 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,044 Posts
They can also fly VERY slow..... it is surprising how slow they can fly!!
So you do not HAVE to fly fast. hehe

It has quite a lot of wing area for its size. eg versus 800mm warbirds, or 'normal' design aircraft etc.

Because it has a lot of power AVAILABLE, it is also quite easy to launch - if you are unsure, or learning it, you can power up a lot and throw it at a very steep angle and it will still just fly away fine - but then gives you a very large window for 'launch issues' then. eg If it was going to dive down and/or roll due to trim issue etc.
ie You can launch at 45 deg to 60deg totally fine! Thus giving you that huge leeway.

About the only potentially tricky bit is making sure you throw it with regards to the prop coming past as it leaves! That is not a real issue to avoid, but good to THINK and be wary of that!
Later you can "Wing Fling" it.... throw it from a wing tip.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - what NOT to buy !!!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 02:53 AM
Germany, NDS, Wolfenbüttel
Joined Dec 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
They can also fly VERY slow..... it is surprising how slow they can fly!!
So you do not HAVE to fly fast. hehe

It has quite a lot of wing area for its size. eg versus 800mm warbirds, or 'normal' design aircraft etc.

Because it has a lot of power AVAILABLE, it is also quite easy to launch - if you are unsure, or learning it, you can power up a lot and throw it at a very steep angle and it will still just fly away fine - but then gives you a very large window for 'launch issues' then. eg If it was going to dive down and/or roll due to trim issue etc.
ie You can launch at 45 deg to 60deg totally fine! Thus giving you that huge leeway.

About the only potentially tricky bit is making sure you throw it with regards to the prop coming past as it leaves! That is not a real issue to avoid, but good to THINK and be wary of that!
Later you can "Wing Fling" it.... throw it from a wing tip.
If you want to fly slow you must have a light Radjet less than 500 grams.

If you have a power Radjet about 800 grams landing is very fast wihout head wind.
ruppwf is offline Find More Posts by ruppwf
Old Sep 25, 2014, 08:21 AM
I hate Gravity
United States, FL, Brevard County
Joined Aug 2014
44 Posts
Has anyone ever stiffened up the nose and canopy area? My Radjet 800 has had two failed launch attempts in the past month and the canopy area seems flimsy. Would adding two carbon spars help out? Or has anyone else reenforced the nose at all?
Skull333 is online now Find More Posts by Skull333
Old Sep 26, 2014, 09:19 AM
Germany, RP, Nittel
Joined Sep 2014
5 Posts
I reinforced the nose with some carbon strips, put in lengthwise. It makes it a bit stiffer and hardly adds weight.

Just finished building this one. I had some stuff left over from other projects and decided it would be fun to equip a radjet with it. It's powered by a 2200kv 1600Watt Dr. Mad thrust EDF motor, with a 5x5 APC prop and a 2200mah 6s battery (2x 2200mah 3s in series, laying end to end) and a 85A speedcontroller. The speedcontroller is a bit on the small side for this, but it should work ok as it has very good cooling. Reinforced the wing with carbon strips, top and bottom. Made a cut in the wing with a saw blade and put a 5mm strip in the wing vertically. Adds very little weight but it is stiff as a board now. Also reinforced the elevons with a plate of carbon. Auw is about 1kg now, with the 2200mah batteries. The plane itself is 600grams.

SanderHG is offline Find More Posts by SanderHG
Old Sep 26, 2014, 09:50 AM
Joined Nov 2006
11,044 Posts
LOL, that will be a ROCKET!! Or a guided missile.....

It looks pretty powerful... and "evil" !!

Because of the much higher Power capability you could likely use a 6x4 to extract more ability from the motor. 5x5 is probably a bit small - not sure though... try both! But is SHOULD power a 6x4 with great ease also.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:23 AM
Germany, RP, Nittel
Joined Sep 2014
5 Posts
I'll post a video once I got it flying right. I tested the motor and with the 5x5 it pulls 1800 Watt with full batteries. Settles nicely at 1700 W when the battery is drained a bit more. It should unload a little during flight. The little prop screams so loud at full throttle that ear protection is advised :P It spins at about 45.000 rpm or more so it really screams. Although it would be interesting to see what it does with a 6x4. With the 5x5 the tip of the propeller goes through the air at about Mach 0.9 with that much rpm. A 6x4 might actually exceed mach 1 then.
SanderHG is offline Find More Posts by SanderHG
Last edited by SanderHG; Sep 26, 2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old Today, 12:51 AM
Joined Nov 2006
11,044 Posts
You might have to watch out for a prop explosion! At those RPM.

I was just going over my two Radjets - which have not been used in almost one year I would guess.
One with a lowly 1400kv - similar to stock power but I use 4S with 6x4. The other with the 2226-2200kv for 3S or 4S with 5x5.
I need to re-fly them to remember what they were like! I think the 1400kv was lack lustre, and the 2200kv pretty fast on 4S. I will take them next time out to see!
I have some of those 2960-2200kv around..... lol. But seems a bit overkill for me.
RCG Plus Member