SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2015, 02:47 AM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
Question
Growing interest in dlg in Las Vegas

I've gotten into quads and have had a lot of fun but really would like a hand thrown glider but have no idea where to start. Maybe watch a session or setup up. Really looking a a basic setup that will allow a decent amount of time and effort with minimal hassle and size. Few questions have have done some research just standing at the edge waiting to jump in lol
vipercamo is offline Find More Posts by vipercamo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2015, 04:21 AM
Nick Radle
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined May 2004
1,961 Posts
There will be a contest out your way in Vegas on feb 20-21
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2301501
That will probably get you hooked right there. You will mostly see upper end competition gliders there, but there will be plenty of people there to answer questions, and will likely be used gliders there.
My personal recommendation is to avoid junk. I recommend buying something good that is used. I started off with a HK $200 DLG. It flew OK, not great. It did get me hooked, but it broke into three pieces after getting blown over in a stiff breeze due to poor construction.
Bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by Bodywerks
Last edited by Bodywerks; Jan 20, 2015 at 04:29 AM.