HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2013, 01:48 PM
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
952 Posts
Question
Question about Clearance Items

I've been eyeballing the 1000mm Art-Tech P-51D Mustang that is on clearance for a few days now. It looks like a nice plane, and the price certainly is right. I am, however, hesitant to pull the trigger with the no warranty, no returns policy.

Some scratches, dings or minor issues I can deal with, but if it has bad servos, ESC, or a motor, it's no longer such a good deal. If the fuselage, wing or something else is warped or broken, making it un-flyable, I'm just buying parts.

Can you let me know what to expect? Do the clearance planes just have cosmetic issues, or is there more serious damage to them?

Thanks!
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2013, 09:38 PM
United States, IL, Lake Barrington
Joined Dec 2012
334 Posts
Thanks for your question.

We have the Art-Tech Mustang on clearance because of quality control issues and cosmetic defects. To be specific we've seen problems with with decals, paint, and wheel pants. The decals do not always stick well to the plane and paint is not great. The wheel pants will fall off the plane within a few flights so you will need to add a deb of glue to each. We've also had issues with missing screws and found some factory assembly problems. We found the QC very disappointing and simply did not feel right about selling them at normal cost. We decided to blow them out because of the QC problems. These are all either cosmetic defects or defects which may require a trip to the hardware store for screws or glue. We have not had issues with the motor or ESC in this model but I can never say anything is 100% perfect.
Tom.MotionRC is offline Find More Posts by Tom.MotionRC
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Jan 2013
952 Posts
Thanks very much for the reply. Sounds like easy things to address, and that wing looks ripe for a flap modification! Now to figure the proper shipping date, to slip it by the wife. I wonder if I can hide the 800mm Mustang I got from you guys and convince her this is the same one???
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:29 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
Now to figure the proper shipping date, to slip it by the wife. I wonder if I can hide the 800mm Mustang I got from you guys and convince her this is the same one???
OMG, love it . If we all havent had those thoughts run past our mind...
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:38 AM
Joined Jan 2013
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdford View Post
OMG, love it . If we all havent had those thoughts run past our mind...
After being asked, "How many airplanes do you need?" for about the 100th time, I responded with "How many pairs of shoes do you need?"

It hasn't come up again...