HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:22 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Discussion
3DHS 47" Extra 300 Shp

This is a place to share info and resources about the 3dhs 47" Extra Shp.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Last edited by tominator06; Jun 02, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:28 PM
Florida
Joined Jan 2010
497 Posts
My SHP, at it's rightful place on the throne!

94'325is is offline Find More Posts by 94'325is
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:40 PM
" I only fly Davebuilt"
north county san diego
Joined Jan 2011
259 Posts
amazing SHP

Quick story.....

My wife (RN) had a cosmetic laser class to teach in Beverly Hills today and asked me to come with her for the drive. I hate driving in La traffic ..but I couldn't let her go alone! So while I was warming the car up early this morning ...I threw in the SHP, 5 batteries, and my trusty JR 9503. I dropped her off at the medical spa at 9:30am and used my phone to find the closest flying field around. I ended up at the San Fernando flyers Rc park(huge facility ) at about 10:15. I couldn't believe how many people were flying on a Monday morning ....at least 35-40 in different parts of the facility . I met quite a few people my 3 hours there and I can't tell you enough about the hospitality I was shown! I ended up flying all the way left( in the foamie) area .....but dam the SHP rocks!!!! There was a nice little wind blowing straight down the runway and I flew my whole first two flights in about 40 by 40 feet. Downwind inverted harriers to flip/ elevator (back into the wind) verticle upright tail first harrier landings, downwind torque rolls to half push over flip spin harrier landings, to takeoff hover down wind hand catches .....I can't believe what this plane can do.....limitless. This little plane kills it in the wind..unreal.
James
wrjames38 is offline Find More Posts by wrjames38
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:46 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
It has plenty of awesomeness for sure. It has been great as my first balsa 3d ship. I've been flying the heck out of mine all summer.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:26 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,645 Posts
I ordered a new wing for my red SHP, I ordered a blue replacement wing. Only problem now is the servo for the rudder is messed up so now I have to send that back to hitec before I can fly this bird again. It just will not find center, and just keeps moving up and down. Oh well I guess I will just put this plane to the side for now and get my 48'' edge up and going and hopefully by the time I get that built I will have my servo fixed.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:29 AM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
checking in

here's a link to the MANUAL for the search

LINK to some ADC Vinyl sticker thingy's to
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:57 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,188 Posts
ooh, spiffy new thread.

tominator06, can you resize the pics in the first post, or just upload 'em into RCG?... will make it easier to load for people coming to the thread. was one of the things that was truly annoying about all of doc austin's photo posts including the start of the last shp thread...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Last edited by theKM; Aug 30, 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:29 AM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
I guess I'll have to figure something else out to post pics. I try attaching from the photobucket site and they are too big. I resize them on photobucket but the IMG code and the direct link code still remain the original size for some reason. I tried downloading them back my computer in the smaller size but the upload fails every time. Gives me a server reset error. IDK I will try again later. I'll figure it out. What is the best size to post? 600x800? Thanks, Tom
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:35 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
I guess I'll have to figure something else out to post pics. I try attaching from the photobucket site and they are too big. I resize them on photobucket but the IMG code and the direct link code still remain the original size for some reason. I tried downloading them back my computer in the smaller size but the upload fails every time. Gives me a server reset error. IDK I will try again later. I'll figure it out. What is the best size to post? 600x800? Thanks, Tom
if you click the edit button, then "go advanced" button, on the next screen will be a "manage attachments" button that will launch a new window with a series of fields where you can upload pics. should be just as easy as uploading to photo bucket. RCG will then create all the thumbnails and all that jazz.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:37 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,641 Posts
I would also suggest using imgur.com for photo hosting if you want to skip photobucket and there is some reason you also want to skip RCG photo hosting. Reliable, free, drag-and-drop, has built-in resize and crop options, no sign-up or accounts needed, plenty of bandwidth.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:58 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
if you click the edit button, then "go advanced" button, on the next screen will be a "manage attachments" button that will launch a new window with a series of fields where you can upload pics. should be just as easy as uploading to photo bucket. RCG will then create all the thumbnails and all that jazz.
That's exactly what I did. I just kept getting the serve reset error when uploading from my computer. Or if I tried to upload from photobucket to the attachment area they were too large of files. I will try again now. I'll figure it out.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:04 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Any word yet on 3DHS or their dealers getting in some new SHP ARF kits?

I wrecked my beloved SHP a month or so ago and am patiently waiting for another ARF kit.

Thanks....
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:04 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
That's exactly what I did. I just kept getting the serve reset error when uploading from my computer. Or if I tried to upload from photobucket to the attachment area they were too large of files. I will try again now. I'll figure it out.
I usually crop files to 1024x768 or so before uploading them to RCG.
Larger files seem to cause problems.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:07 PM
Team Hillbilly
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Phew I got it. Went from to
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:15 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,543 Posts
I'm new to this thread; why was the old one closed?
p.s. Glad you got the photo fixed; that was keeping me awake at night worrying about it.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick