HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:41 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,505 Posts
So what stick movements work for upright boomerang?
Hornetnz is online now Find More Posts by Hornetnz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:13 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,739 Posts
This method was suggested from a fellow pilot on this thread:

Close to a full Stall

- Increase up ELE 'til she is right at stalling..... Than full left RUDD, full up ELE & left AIL

- After spin is well started right stick from bottom left corner to top right corner in a straight 45 degree line

- After she goes flat slide RUDD from left to right

This works for me EVERYTIME, the only thing for me is getting the "timing" right for the Stall, I just wish I could do this maneuver with her big sister consistently, LOL.

Good luck
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Last edited by rcoconut; Aug 12, 2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:01 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Exactly, works very well for me.

Again, have a look at the vid link from a couple posts up if you can, as I tried to show on the vid the exact movement of the sticks and speed. I put some flight video in there after as well, but it's on a Sports Cam so no zoom and this little plane is pretty small on the screen! LOL

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Aug 14, 2014, 03:09 AM
Bozos Live Here
Joined Dec 2012
103 Posts
Question: My UM Stryker is old and shattered looking for a new plane. Are there any HH/parkzone/eflight planes that use a similar brushless motor with a similar battery? My issue is cost, not wanting to get a larger battery at increased costs.
I'm not interested in ducted fan jets or 1s planes.

On a related note I'm hoping Horizon Hobby will read:
I would like to see HH produce planes that are not aimed at detail oriented modelers but rather to people who simply enjoy flying and don't care what a plane looks like or if it's "a real plane" so long as it's performance envelope is large and the cost of operation is small. By HH's own admission, all the details like little pilot figures, etc..cost money and push the cost up.
Ok, what about those of us who don't care about cute details like that and would rather save the money? It seems those who simply enjoy flying could use another plane like the UM Stryker. Personally I'd like to see a UM Scimitar (no as3x please) with thrust vectoring just like the big boy. But honestly just give the rest of us something. Spare us the "scale" details and "authentic" looks if it's going to cost money, pass the savings onto us and give us something that flies amazing. The F-27Q 180 was I think the best plane HH ever produced in terms of fun/cost ratio. I don't think a lot of people would disagree with me.
But that's just my opinion, you understand.
Sun Eagle is offline Find More Posts by Sun Eagle
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:59 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,499 Posts
All of the 2S brushless planes use the same power train.
It's true that the motor Kv, prop and battery sizes are altered to suit different airframes but they are all 100% interchangable.

As for what to get next. You have to work out what flying style you want!
I found the only way to replace my Stryker was with another Styker

If you want to dabble in 3D go for the Yak, fast pattern style aeros go for the Sbach, wild freestyling then it has to be the Beast. As for the Pitts, I'm not sure as I haven't got that one...

Try any of them. If your anything like the rest of us you'll end up with them all!
Resistance is futile!!!!!!!!!

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Aug 14, 2014, 01:00 PM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
617 Posts
The umx habu uses the same battery and is a fun edf!
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Aug 15, 2014, 04:49 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
All of the 2S brushless planes use the same power train.
It's true that the motor Kv, prop and battery sizes are altered to suit different airframes but they are all 100% interchangable.

As for what to get next. You have to work out what flying style you want!
I found the only way to replace my Stryker was with another Styker

If you want to dabble in 3D go for the Yak, fast pattern style aeros go for the Sbach, wild freestyling then it has to be the Beast. As for the Pitts, I'm not sure as I haven't got that one...

Try any of them. If your anything like the rest of us you'll end up with them all!
Resistance is futile
!!!!!!!!!

Tony
Truer words have never been spoken, err, typed ...

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Aug 27, 2014, 09:28 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
Carbon cub guts in a stryker?

I have a umx carbon cub that is retired. Wanted to know if I can take the electronics and transfer them to a new stryker airframe. New Airframe is only about 25$

Will the cub's weaker 2500kv motor work ok?
pcolla2 is offline Find More Posts by pcolla2
Old Aug 28, 2014, 01:16 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,499 Posts
Most likely just the servos would be usable.
The 2500kv motor is junk, the prop is too big and the AS3X is not Elevon compatible...

You could try I suppose but I wouldn't recommend it. If you want a decent speed machine to drop all the cub gear into then I would look at the Sbach, but I'd still opt for either the 2300/5043 or 3000/5030 combo. If you want ludicrous speed without going 3S then the 3000/5043 apparently works but I suspect only for short flights!

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install