SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by hillbille, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:46 AM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,333 Posts
Discussion
My Fleet

In my blog I will have some pictures of my fleet of planes. These are pictures of the planes as they looked when they were new or first built. I have a lot of planes! LOL!! That's what retirement does for you. Actually I would not have as many planes if foam were not as easy to repair as it is!

The planes pictured are all planes I have built but not ALL of my planes! I still maintain quite an assembly backlog of yet to be built planes.

I'm older and there is hardly a plane I own that does NOT have some fluorescent orange on it somewhere to aid in flying it. Needless to say I tend to lean toward target drone models!! LOL!! I have had a website (actually owned 4 but sold 3) since 1994. It is located at www.bakehead.com if you would like to visit.

I hardly have any planes left as I have given away nearly every plane I had. Nearly.

Everything you see in the pictures except for the AP Solution, the Magpie, the original PZ Corsair, a couple of Superfly's is GONE.

I am going to try NOT to purchase any more as I am going to try to concentrate on photography of RC models if I can.

I will keep the "how to" P-47 bomb drop intact for now.
I added a bomb drop system to my PZ P-47. It works off of the flaps and is removable when not in use as it uses magnets to hold it on the plane.

I am not much on mods but I have made a slight mod to the PZ P-47 to add a bomb drop system to it. Here are the links:

The drop system for the P-47 works really well using the flaps as actuators. The entire system is easily added and removed using magnets.

Here is a "Build" page I made on my website.

http://www.bakehead.com/images/Bomb_...PZ_Planes.html

and here is a little video demo of the completed system.

PZ_P47_Bomb_Drop_OP_2.wmv (1 min 17 sec)

Enjoy!!
hillbille is online now Find More Posts by hillbille
Last edited by hillbille; Aug 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Updating
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:49 AM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,333 Posts
Amazingly enough the plans for PMJass planes are available right here on RCGroups.

RCGroups - Foamies (Scratchbuilt) - Plans For Scratchbuilt Foamies - and then just a simple matter of scrolling down until you reach the PMJass plans section and it is the very first one listed.

Here's the link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851608

Hillbille

(My Grandson sees me typing and goes,"Gee that's a lot of writing just to link to it!" - Yep it was. Duh!)
Last edited by hillbille; May 20, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:59 AM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,333 Posts
BTW - I would suggest making cut out templates of the iron crosses for painting. Then all you need is to paint the wing white at the locations - mask that off and paint the rest. Then when you are ready - remove the mask and place your template on the white area and spray with black. I actually used small sockets on each "corner" of the cross to keep them down on the foam so paint would not get under. Worked for me.

Great flying planes and in the air they look very good!

Good luck with yours.

Hillbille
Last edited by hillbille; Nov 30, 2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:12 PM
Inverted tail dragger
Australia, WA, Kalamunda
Joined Jan 2008
614 Posts
Nice fleet ya got there m8...look's like retirement is doin' you well
Cheer's
-Jeff
1st timer is offline Find More Posts by 1st timer
Old Sep 19, 2014, 06:42 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
Joined May 2007
2,333 Posts
http://www.bakehead.com/vegasaces/

http://www.bakehead.com/vegasaces/

Worked on the club's website a ;ot lately.

Hillbille