HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:19 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,218 Posts
Brutus, cool. What's your native language?

RFdelie, your lucky the only thing you lost was a little bit of dignity, it could've been a finger or stitches then you'd have never hear the end of it with the danger of helis huh? The universe is dangerous!
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:35 AM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
Brutus, cool. What's your native language?
That would be Dutch.... but I am not walking around on wooden shoes, and I hate cheese

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:52 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,746 Posts
With or without locking washers, I always threadlock the servo arm screws on my servos that have a metal output shaft. I can see no reason not to, provided you're very careful to apply only a small drop to the end of the screw, and not get any inside the servo. Servos with a plastic output shaft are different, for the tapered coarse-threaded screws (like wood screws) used with them tend to lock up, rather than becoming loose, the longer they stay in.

I've used Loctite ever since an arm came off the "elevator" servo on my T-Rex 500. Luckily I was beginning to land because I'd detected the control response becoming strange, so I was only a few inches off the ground when it actually came off.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:41 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,281 Posts
Quote:
Hajile, with your swash links, I was gonna ask if you have equal blade pitch up and down on your stick.
Yeah, it's physically setup for 3D mode so everything is zeroed.

I set the throttle hold switch on the TX to zero pitch, and then left the heli running on throttle hold while i adjusted everything (unplugged motor of course). And then leveled the arms, swashplate, and blade grips in that order. If i did it right, the extremes of the pitch is always exactly 9.5 degrees in either direction and i only had to do a couple of twists to perfectly level it during the blade tracking test. After that, i setup the rest of the flight modes (including Normal mode) on the transmitter.

The links lengths are set as close as i can to the one specified in the align manual with minor adjustments to level the swash using the ziptie trick (How the heck do you exactly measure from the center of an empty circle?). The links that came with the VWinRC are just too short. I actually ordered align sport links (Tarot links are out of stock on the online store and CopterX uses Pro sized links) and hopefully they'll fit better.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
That would be Dutch.... but I am not walking around on wooden shoes, and I hate cheese

Brgds, Bert
Dutch, cool, go to the 'coffee shops' much?

No wooden shoes? I was hoping...

Your english is actually good, it was just the way you went back, or summed the post up, with talking about the servo after explaining the links. It was just a matter of how one could possibly read it through. Your english is perfect man.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
The links lengths are set as close as i can to the one specified in the align manual with minor adjustments to level the swash using the ziptie trick (How the heck do you exactly measure from the center of an empty circle?). The links that came with the VWinRC are just too short. I actually ordered align sport links (Tarot links are out of stock on the online store and CopterX uses Pro sized links) and hopefully they'll fit better.
Would the length dfc links help that I posted? They're pretty long. Also you could try xheli for exi links.

The empty hole thing, I know, you just eyeball it then adjust. That's why align says approximate lengths in the manual. I suppose if you had a nice digital you could measure the circle diameter and figure it in to your length.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:04 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,969 Posts
Quote:
Dutch, cool, go to the 'coffee shops' much?
Nah.... have not much understanding for those that need substances in their bloodstream to get through the day....

I like an occasional beer (or ten), nothing wrong with that as long as it's occasional and in a social setting... Nothing wrong with having a beer with your mates. But have a pretty deep disliking to all mind-altering substances in general, and don't know of anybody that was having a good time getting stoned with his mates.

I prefer to get my kicks from RC helicopters... by far not as social disrupting!

Brgds, Bert
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:07 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I have family in The Netherlands and Germany. My grandfather came over after the war, he was one of 6 kids so we have a big famiky these days, but we are the only branch of our family in the USA.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:18 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,969 Posts
Well.... Basically, looking at history, most Americans would have (distant) family in either the old world or Africa, now wouldn't you?

Just kiddin'... I am told, some of my family has migrated to the states, some just before, some after the war. But I do not know any of them, all before my time.

But that's a whole other topic...

Brgds, Bert
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,218 Posts
...um, yeah, me neither

If one was to though..
Last edited by finguz; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,218 Posts
...but alcohol is mind altering too. I would say more than mentioned, potential, illegal substance. I don't get that train of thought. But still I applaud you for knowing what substance I was talking about.

I like alcohol too, I'm not slamming it. But it is the more harmful substance when looking at all it's effects.

Mentioned illegal substance is less widely accepted, because it's harder to tax and it's not a rich man's drug.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
Well.... Basically, looking at history, most Americans would have (distant) family in either the old world or Africa, now wouldn't you?

Just kiddin'... I am told, some of my family has migrated to the states, some just before, some after the war. But I do not know any of them, all before my time.

But that's a whole other topic...

Brgds, Bert
modern man originated in Africa if you want to go back as far as our understanding
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:19 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Craig David hates using Loctite on servo outputs, and I'm not a fan either.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)