|Dec 06, 2013, 12:51 PM|
What are your club field rules?
HOW COMPLICATED ARE YOUR CLUB FIELD RULES?
My local AMA Chartered RC Club is on a rough grass field with many gopher mounds. My 70mm EDF jets can not take off because of too much friction. So I added a launch hook to Jetapult them. The launch with wheels retracted worked great, but landing on the rough grass tore the retracts out of the foam.
I have 7 jets with retracts so I joined another AMA club in a city 26 miles away because they have a wonderful long concrete runway. It is worth the drive to go there once a week to fly.
However, their club field rules were almost overwhelming. My local club just has the AMA Safety Rules but the new club has these rules:
You must purchase a new badge every year for $35.
You must do a safety class every February.
This is a private club field inside the city park.
There are no park rangers, call city police for problems.
The public is not allowed to fly here.
There is no park admission fee.
Hours 6:00 am to 7:00 pm or dark.
If you arrive first at field, you are the Safety Field Marshal and must do the following:
1. Unlock Container and block door open, code: xxxx.
2. Put Field Marshal badge on your shirt.
3. Check that sand bucket for bad LiPo batteries is by door.
4. Put 2 fire extinguishers by fence on each side of pit area.
If city police see you flying and door is not open and no FE out, they may cite you.
5. When someone else arrives ask if they want to be the Marshal. Otherwise you must:
6. Check new flyer has current color year badge and it has a green Wings sticker (Club instructor watched them fly ok) and silver Safety sticker (Took Safety Class) and they have current AMA Insurance Card. If not, they do not fly. If they fly, take their membership card and put in bin. If they refuse, call police.
7. If anyone is on 27 or 72 Mhz (long antenna), give them a clothespin from the container for their frequency and put it on their antenna.
8. If someone brings a new plane you must check its CG balance and that controls are correct.
9. April to July if someone has to get their plane from the high grass field, get the leg & foot protectors from the bin for them to avoid a rattlesnake bite.
10. Look for safety violations when you are not flying and tell person of problem.
11. When you leave and no one wants to be marshal, put the 2 extinguishers and marshal badge back in the container and lock the door. Tell them field is closed and police may cite them.
FIELD SAFETY RULES
• No Club Badge and AMA insurance card visible / No Fly.
• No Field Marshall / No Fly.
• Active member may bring guest to fly with AMA card.
• You must have your fire extinguisher sitting on the ground by your car.
• You must have batteries in a FP bag when not being used.
• You can not charge battery in car or in engine compartment (hood up). You need extension cord to charge battery on ground and in a FP bag.
• Electric models only.
• Weight limit of 6 pounds.
• Limit of 5 planes flying.
• Waiting to fly sit your plane in a line by fence south of pit area.
• Spectators must stay behind white line east of pit area.
• No taxiing in the pits or spectator area.
• When your turn to fly, sit your plane at gate by runway and go to your pit square. If hand launching from pit, call out warning and launch over short fence.
• Ok to taxi to/from gate to runway.
• You must call out action and direction on the pit area flight line. Examples:
Taking off to right.
Landing from left.
Low pass left to right.
Touch & Go right to left.
Hovering (3D plane) on runway.
• Do not take off in front of pilot area, lift off farther down runway.
• Take off and land west of yellow line on runway.
• All flying must stay beyond the edge of the runway and out over the grass.
• Do not fly east of the two white marker signs north of runway towards city park playground.
• Do not fly past road to the west.
• Do not fly over cars backed up (stopped) on access road south of runway.
• No bad behavior or bad language in front of children or marshal will send you home or call cops!
• NO EXCEPTIONS to any of the above!
What are your club Field Rules?
How much are your annual Club Dues?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion What are your thoughts on the Eastern Soaring League?||Fly2High||Hand Launch||25||Oct 08, 2013 10:57 PM|
|Discussion tiny servo motor failed:- what dimensions are the ones on your heli? Cant get parts.||rcminiman||Micro Helis||6||Oct 08, 2013 07:52 AM|
|Help! What are the general rules for stopping your boat toppling?||tomrandall||Dock Talk||13||Sep 19, 2013 07:54 PM|
|Question What Are Your R/C Rules To Live By||mredzadventure||Car Talk||31||Jan 02, 2011 11:54 PM|
|What's your club's bungee rules?||Joe41||Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk||16||Feb 02, 2004 01:47 AM|