Old Jun 04, 2015, 02:25 AM
Find More Posts by Ron_RC
Ron_RC
Joined Nov 2011
225 Posts
Discussion
Scratch Build Profile 3D Foamies

Hi, Please show your scratch built foamies. If you have plans, you can post them for others here. Here is an Extra 300 I built from scratch using top and side images of the real thing. I had to widen the rear fuselage portion in front of the horizontal stab because it was too weak as narrow as it was. This design flew well already but I added a KK clone (HobbyKing Multirotor controller) to help it fly on windy days and it worked great. I will be placing my template on a black background and taking HD photos for anyone interested in building this plane. The best thing to do would be to print it out on graph paper and scale it to what ever size you like. Pics coming soon.

Extra 300 3D Foamy Super Hi Tech (5 min 8 sec)

Oh, I also built a 16" wingspan version of this plane as well. It flew pretty squirrelly but it was quite fun.

Micro Extra300 Scratch Built (7 min 52 sec)
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2015, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_RC View Post
Hi, Please show your scratch built foamies. If you have plans, you can post them for others here. Here is an Extra 300 I built from scratch using top and side images of the real thing. I had to widen the rear fuselage portion in front of the horizontal stab because it was too weak as narrow as it was. This design flew well already but I added a KK clone (HobbyKing Multirotor controller) to help it fly on windy days and it worked great. I will be placing my template on a black background and taking HD photos for anyone interested in building this plane. The best thing to do would be to print it out on graph paper and scale it to what ever size you like. Pics coming soon.

https://youtu.be/uhHfMqhbACI

Oh, I also built a 16" wingspan version of this plane as well. It flew pretty squirrelly but it was quite fun.

https://youtu.be/9nYN_YpuT80
There is a scratch built foamies forum here on RCG just for this. Lots of info and tons of help for anyone who needs it.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy