New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2015, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
263 Posts
Still having fun with this Master CP. I got a little cocky and dumped it into the grass. Too bad about the delay on the idle cutoff, since that delay caused it to hit with the rotor spinning fast bent the feathering shaft and main shaft (among some other misc. things). Main shaft swap is easy, but holy cow the feathering shaft bolts are darn near welded in there. I had to cut it apart. I later invested in an amazing 1.5mm hex wrench made by MIP tools (miponline dot com). I was actually able to unseat the little bolts from the busted feathering shaft using that tool. It was so hard to remove them that the shaft and bolt were hot after removing the bolt. The MIP tool is in perfect condition while all the others (Wiha, etc.) are rounded off and in the trash. Lesson learned, save yourself some time and headaches and invest in a great set of tools.

Anybody have any suggestion on what to do about the delay on the idle cutoff? I suspect, I will just have to get used to quickly switching back to normal mode and drop the throttle to zero before it hits the ground. Tricky to time that right sometimes.
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by OldSpool
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
391 Posts
I crashed # 1 a few hours ago. first flight with new zippy 1000 mah - 40C. I don't remember reading anything about breaking in these new battery's. Before flight 12.6 v. after flight of 5+ min 9.30 v. I don't do 3D, most of my flights or just under five minutes with 11.2 v left in battery. Buzzer set at 3.60 per cell. Am I right at assuming these batteries perform better after several flights? The good news is there was zero damage. It was nose in over a field of five foot tall grass and bush. I noticed it was coming to me a little slow, I gave it full throttle and it started going down skids first, almost like auto rotation, witch I don't know how to do. I drop throttle and hit throttle hold right as it disappeared in the grass. I always keep my finger behind the throttle hold switch just incase.
OldSpool is offline Find More Posts by OldSpool
Old Aug 24, 2015, 01:20 AM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
263 Posts
The battery should not perform that poorly when new. It has been my experience that high quality new batteries function at or greater than spec right out of the box. I have tried a few zippy batteries on small foamy aircraft and was not impressed. They did not perform as well and did not last as long as some others (i.e. seemed to degrade over many cycles quicker than expected). I suspect you will have a hard time finding anything that truly works consistently better than the OEM Walkera battery.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 02:04 AM
Find More Posts by OldSpool
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2pilot View Post
The battery should not perform that poorly when new. It has been my experience that high quality new batteries function at or greater than spec right out of the box. I have tried a few zippy batteries on small foamy aircraft and was not impressed. They did not perform as well and did not last as long as some others (i.e. seemed to degrade over many cycles quicker than expected). I suspect you will have a hard time finding anything that truly works consistently better than the OEM Walkera battery.
I agree, some people say that walkera batteries are crap. But I have two OEM walkera batteries that just started to get puffy , but they are over a year old.
OldSpool is offline Find More Posts by OldSpool
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:34 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
14,931 Posts
Thw WK silver covered batteries work very well. ?The black ones do not.
Stock black battery for V450D01 V2 l;asted 40 flights/ similar with WK black on Master c/p. Maybe bad lot ? Thats possible. Stock WK V200D03's lasted over a year of alot of flying.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:54 AM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
263 Posts
Dankar,
I was tinkering today and noticed when I hold the hell and spin up the main rotor, there is a slight twitch to all the servos. At first I thought maybe I had bad servos since that is one of the signs a bad spot has developed on the servo pot, but then I tried moving them around, high pitch to low and right, left, up, down in idle cutoff mode and they all move smooth as glass. So, I disconnected the motor and tried again in normal flight mode moving the sticks around and tilting the heli and the servos twitch occasionally (a quick twitch every few seconds, but somewhat random in the timing). Is this normal, or is my Rx (gyros) going bad?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
14,931 Posts
I sent wrong info in pm. I had Mcp-X on my mind. I set pot on RX to 12;00 position.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04