HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2010
773 Posts
Careful!
lipo balance adapter plugs wired wrong

this is not the first time i have gotten jst-xh male plugs wired wrong. the female jst-xh always seem to be correct. this is actually the 3rd time. the first time i did nothing. the 2nd time i called and talked to a young female, very helpful... nothing happened. this time i'm coming here. i ordered 4 packs with 5 adapters in each pack. the thunder power female plug is wired correctly and the jst-xh male is wired backwards. all jst-xh plugs have a v-notch on the left side when looking down at the plug with the saftey guides on top. that is pin 1. on any jst-xh plug pin 1 is where the highest priority wire goes in any wiring order 2s, 3s or 10s on a jst-xh plug. on t/p plugs pin 1 is the ground for all t/p wiring orders on all t/p plugs. the only company that does not follow the industry wide jst-xh protocol is common sense rc. why they don't follow it does not make GOOD common sense for rc to me.i was told last time that this would be corrected and i would receive the correct adapters... neither of which happened. i just wonder how many people have shorted their batteries out because they didn't know enough to know the difference. i can only hope that no property was lost or even a life because this was not corrected. the hot lead from the t/p female plug (red wire) goes to a spot on the jst-xh plug that when plugged in is designed for the pack ground or charger ground. what could happen if ground was to contact hot. perhaps the guy that built the adapters in china, for the last 2 years was dyslexic, who knows. i've spent too much money @ hobbypartz to eat ANOTHER LOAD of plugs wired the wrong way.
order #2091933

thanks,
michael clyde dupuy
mchldpy is offline Find More Posts by mchldpy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:31 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
375 Posts
I have to wait for the parts department to come before I can check on the adapters. I'll get back to you in a couple of hours.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Jul 29, 2013, 02:37 PM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
Joined Feb 2010
773 Posts
hey charlie
i know those pics suck. my cam is dying or something but it will do a movie (.avi) pretty clear, if need be.

michael clyde
Old Jul 29, 2013, 03:19 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
375 Posts
It's ok I got what you mean by your pictures, so I checked the stock and it looks like all of them are wired incorrectly. I'm going to take some pictures of the ones we have here and send them over to the factory to let them know. I'm going to have to probably check on the other Thunder Power adapters that we have to make sure those are wired correctly as well. So as far as the ones you have now what would you like to be done with those? If you can de-pin them yourself and fix them I can give you a discount back on the order. If not I can send you a RMA and have them returned for a refund.

-Charlie
Old Jul 30, 2013, 02:47 AM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
Joined Feb 2010
773 Posts
hey charlie,
actually, these are the first t/p to jst-xh i've purchased from you. the previous 2 orders contained jst-xh extensions (jst-xh to jst-xh plugs) and they (on the male end only) were wired incorrectly. so you may indeed have more pictures to take.(sorry about adding to your workload) i de-pinned some of the last order and probably 75% survived. sometimes the little "tang" that gets bent does not survive the heavy handed abuse i subject them to. shame it's not the female end, it's easier process. i shall keep them, that would be easier for everyone all around and see how much heavy handed abuse they are up for. i like that you were checking up on this yourself and doing something about it personally. it's different than the everyday 'buck' passing that seems to be everywhere. hopefully this avoids a unpleasant outcome for some unsuspecting rc fan down the road.

thanks again,
michael clyde dupuy
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:32 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
375 Posts
I grabbed 4 sets of the adapters and corrected the wiring for them, I'll have them sent out to you. I used an xacto knife and pushed the "tangs" just enough to have it come out the connector. The ones that you got in the last order did they break off during the de-pinning process or afterwards?

-Charlie