HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:04 PM
Atlanta Metro area GA
Joined Sep 2009
59 Posts
Discussion
Replacing plug tip for TB6B power Pack

I just bought a Tenergy TB6B charger. The power supply I bought for it does not have the tip to fit into the charger. The charger came with wiring that you can connect to a battery and plug it into the charger so you can charge your batteries at the field.

What I want to do is splice the tip from the field charger wire to the power pack.

What I am not sure of is which wire on the power pack is the + and which is the -.
The pack has two wires coming from it to the tip. Both are black so I cannot tell.
One wire has white writing on it and the other has ridges on it.

Can someone tell me which is Positive and which is Negative?

Eddie
eatkins is offline Find More Posts by eatkins
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:38 PM
Atlanta Metro area GA
Joined Sep 2009
59 Posts
bump
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:50 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatkins View Post
What I am not sure of is which wire on the power pack is the + and which is the -.
The pack has two wires coming from it to the tip. Both are black so I cannot tell.
One wire has white writing on it and the other has ridges on it.

Can someone tell me which is Positive and which is Negative?
Test polarity with a voltmeter, even if someone chimes in and tells you what they think may be the correct polarity.

Incidentally, what is the output voltage and current capacity of the 'power pack'? It may be inadequate for the purpose of powering your charger as any decent power supply should have clearly marked polarity.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2013, 05:05 AM
Atlanta Metro area GA
Joined Sep 2009
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Test polarity with a voltmeter, even if someone chimes in and tells you what they think may be the correct polarity.

Incidentally, what is the output voltage and current capacity of the 'power pack'? It may be inadequate for the purpose of powering your charger as any decent power supply should have clearly marked polarity.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Polarity is clearly marked and listed for the tip. From the tip going back to the charger it has two wires. One has white writing on it and the other has ridges.
Not sure which is (+) and which is (-).

Eddie
Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:37 PM
Atlanta Metro area GA
Joined Sep 2009
59 Posts
Bump
Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:39 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,167 Posts
Do you own a voltmeter or DMM? If not, highly suggest you invest in one.

Here's one for $5: http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-92020.html

Many options on eBay as well.
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member