SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Alert
READ THIS to Avoid Getting Conned

One year ago today Hobby King ran this ad. I believe that since this ad ran there has been a noticeable increase in HK promotion on RCG and other RC forums. Not once have I seen where someone promoting HK and their products has disclosed that they are in fact employees being paid to promote HK. This practice is against the law in the USA. Buyer Beware! Those posts you are reading may be coming from HK promoters/employees. Research all HK products thoroughly before buying.
Unfortunately this ad destroyed the credibility of all HK supporters and puts all positive reviews in question? Why would a large successful? company do this?
Please keep replies pertinent to the Topic rather than attacking RCG users. Thank You.

Online Promotion Staff Needed
Post Reply Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 123 13>
Author Message Topic Search Topic OptionsPost Reply
Create New Topic
Printable Version
HobbyKing_Admin Members Profile
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List
Platinum (AU)
USERID: 731618
Forum Admin

Online Status: Offline
Posts: 283 Quote Reply Topic: Online Promotion Staff Needed
Posted: 17/Jan/2012 at 3:58pm
Do you like playing with HobbyKing products?
Do you want to get paid for promoting HobbyKing products in forums and other online mediums?

Send your letter of interest, outlining your skills and history in R/C to hr@hextronik.com

*Remuneration from $100/month up for the right candidates.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f....asp?TID=25788
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 25, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:03 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
820 Posts
A Boogieman under every bed....
People might take your posts more seriously if you ever bothered to be helpful in other areas of the forums...you know share knowledge and help the noobs out instead of ceaselessly beating on a dead horse in your tirade against the evil HK empire....

Makes me wonder if you're involved in the hobby in any aspect except vendor bashing
imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Last edited by imgumby; Jan 17, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Any promoters/employees are welcome to disclose if they are paid promoters here.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
A Boogieman under every bed....
People might take your posts more seriously if you ever bothered to be helpful in other areas of the forums...you know share knowledge and help the noobs out instead of ceaselessly beating on a dead horse in your tirade against the evil HK empire....

Makes me wonder if you're involved in the hobby in any aspect except vendor bashing
imgumby
Please keep replies pertinent to the topic.
There is a certain bunch that hates on people who post bad experiences with hobbyking. Makes you wonder why or is it just a case of jumping on the band wagon.
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 19, 2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:54 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Mr. Wargo disclosing he is a team pilot for HK and PA

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=71
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:42 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
This again?

[QUOTE=valanti256;23845381] This practice is against the law in the USA. Buyer Beware!

Have you reported this to the appropriate authorities?

*did it ever enter your mind that those positions might have involved facebook/twitter/tumbler/Customer service support positions? Or you know, the people who do the video segments?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
a boogieman under every bed....

Imgumby

boo
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:23 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Its kind of ironic that in that post Mr Wargo really disses the Hobbyking plane over the Telnik and then gets praise from a competitor for disclosing his status of a HK factory pilot.

I disagree about that post though alot of pilots like Telnik as it is lighter which is great for indoor or <5mph wind but I'm guessing alot of that lightness is coming in the way of a cheaper less dense 1.3 foam over the 1.9 foam on the Hobbyking/Techone plane at twice the cost.

And speaking of COST/VALUE Hobbyking came out with a new epp plane called the Hummer, its HK $25 version of the Hyperion Sniper at 1/4 the price ,shipping is high but hopefully they'll be in the USA soon and its probally just a coincidence that the Sniper just dropped in price from $99 to $79 and since there is already a build log of it here no one should be accusing me of shilling at that real important site where its cool to call people shills and diss the owner and mods here, I just wanted to provide some useful info and sorry for straying off course of this real important topic.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dproduct=26559

It would be nice if people would take into consideration those modelers that are strapped with a mortgage, car payments, health insurance, etc. and have wives that think any money spent on planes is a waste of money and might not be able to be in this hobby if not for low cost options.

I would think there would be an increase in promotion /build logs /reviews every time a new product came out be it from HK/Tower/Horizon??

I never understood why anyone would think that ad was not honest, just think about it, 1 ad from just Fly RC magazine reaches alot of modelers and I bet alot of those members never go to these forums, it would just be throwing away money.

I understand some will disagree with me but please don't post and then post from your wives accounts agreeing with yourself its real creepy.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Last edited by keyman923; Jan 19, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman923 View Post
sorry for straying off course of this real important topic.
That's OK. I understand.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:56 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Read this to avoid getting misled

Well while we are at the topic of who is who and where are they, as it is of great importance to know who you are dealing with, Valanti256, you never did confirm or deny that you are the user going by the name "Condor" over on that other site? Fair is fair, is it true you are the same person? Also you and Co-pilot have been banned from the HK forum under many user names? Is this correct? All just as important by your logic.

Judging by the lack of response I'd suggest you were incorrect Valanti256 with your assumption that HK are in some deceptive way employing people to hide who they are.

As for the question of yours "why would a large company do this", large companies employ lots of people. What exactly is it you are suggesting? Employees should not be employed? Whats wrong with employing people to produce youtube videos that clearly state HK daily on them, whats wrong with guys like scott being a mamber here when he clearly identifies that he is a HK employee?

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
porcia83, The last time I posted the HK ad you where so interested in it that you went to the Hobby King forum and posted the following:

porcia83 Members Profile
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List
Platinum (US)
USERID: 496904

"I'll throw this out to either the mods here, or those that have applied and are now on the books as paid employees of HK. I have no issues with someone being paid for their work, and if that work entails reviewing and writing up their experiences with HK product, that's great. But are you letting your reading public know that you are being paid? The thread seems to have died down, but I'm wondering how this works. Thanks for any updates or responses to this."

porcia, why don't you tell all of us what the HK Mods or the newly hired promoters told you last Sept.
Please, give us a thorough account about your visit to the HK forum.
Enlighten us as to why that ad was run.
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 19, 2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Did you report them?

[QUOTE=porcia83;23856059]
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
This practice is against the law in the USA. Buyer Beware!

Have you reported this to the appropriate authorities?
porcia, Have you reported them. You did research the law and post it on the HK forum.

porcia83 Members Profile
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List
Platinum (US)
USERID: 496904

"Here are the guidelines for the US. I know they don't apply elsewhere, but they seem pretty comprehensive and on point, the third bullet point specifically.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...ple-are-asking

If there’s a connection between the endorser and the marketer of the product that would affect how people evaluate the endorsement, it should be disclosed.

and

Are the FTC Endorsement Guides new?

The Guides aren’t new, but they’ve recently been updated. It’s always been the law that if an ad features an endorser who’s a relative or employee of the marketer – or if an endorser has been paid or given something of value to tout the marketer’s product – the ad is misleading unless the connection is made clear. The reason is obvious: Knowing about the connection is important information for anyone evaluating the endorsement. Say you’re planning a vacation. You do some research and find a glowing review on someone’s blog that a certain resort is the most luxurious place they’ve ever stayed. If you found out that the hotel had paid that blogger to say great things about it or that the blogger had stayed there for a week for free, it could affect how much weight you’d give the blogger’s endorsement.

Why did the FTC revise its Endorsement Guides to include social media?

The FTC revised the Guides because truth in advertising is important in all media – including blogs and social networking sites. The FTC regularly reviews its guides and rules to see if they need to be updated. Because the Endorsement Guides were written in1980, they didn’t address social media. The legal principles haven’t changed. The FTC revised the examples to show how these standards apply in today’s marketing world.

Isn’t it common knowledge that some bloggers are paid to tout products or that if you click a link on my site to buy a product, I’ll get a commission for that sale?

First, many bloggers who mention products don’t receive anything for their reviews and don’t get a commission if readers click on a link to buy a product. Second, the financial arrangements between some bloggers and advertisers may be apparent to industry insiders, but not to everyone else who reads a blog. Under the law, an act or practice is deceptive if it misleads “a significant minority” of consumers. So even if some readers are aware of these deals, many readers aren’t. That’s why disclosure is important.

So while this document discusses "blogs", and that's not exactly what happens with this program (but could by it's your response) what we are talking about here is the general public understanding the relationship between the positive comments and payment".

porcia, what was their reply?
Oh Heck here's the link so we can seen all Your questions and Their replies.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...ID=25788&PN=11
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 19, 2013 at 03:45 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Welcome to the HK forum. lol

porcia83, The HK Mods that you directed your questions to never did respond. Did they?
I see you did have the pleasure of meeting some prominent members of the goon squad that lurks over at the HK forum. Weren't they a friendly bunch? Such a helpful gang aren't they?
If you would have stuck around a little longer I'm sure you would have met some of the HK Mods. The attacks would have kicked into high gear and the Mods would have joined in and if you persisted to question them you would have been BANNED and your posts probabely would have been deleted just like mine were. Surely you read the comments they made after you left. Check out Pg.12 & 13. Yes that's the HK forum where all customers are invited to come and speak freely about whatever. (within the rules of course) lol

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...ID=25788&PN=11
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:55 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
LOL, Porcia has been around the HK forum long enough and unlike you and your multiple accounts over there hasn't been banned. Why have you cross posted this topic Valanti256? You already posted this topic and then locked it only to post it again as a new topic? The mods should probably merge this with your other locked thread which is almost identical.

Just like here they have rules Valanti and you and Co-Pilot (certainly the same person on the HK forum and banned for it) and the other accounts you created broke them by abusing other members and the moderators. What did you expect them to do?

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Uh Oh, I've been outted !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
porcia83, The HK Mods that you directed your questions to never did respond. Did they?
I
That not answering question thing seems to be going around these days.

I remember asking you about your comment that HK doesn't contribute to the US economy (despite their warehouse in WA), but you never answered.

I remember asking about sock accounts over at the other site, and if there were any there, and if they might have been created to annoy the user base there, but there was no answer.

Will there be any, or just another thread started on HK?

Did I meet the fellas over at HK, sure did. Did they answer all of my questions, nope. But I was given the chance to ask right? I don't see that my comments were changed, censored, or redacted in any way. If I kept badgering them, and starting multiple threads about their company, and then multiple screen names to continue a tantrum, I'm fairly certain they would have been though. And rightfully so.

Some folks are so myopic on this topic, so blinded by rage or some odd sense of being wronged, that they can't stop to think that perhaps their responses might have been the answers I was looking for? Deep thoughts eh?

Notice over there too, that I didn't start the thread, or any others by asking people to stay on topic, or not spin, or to not jump on a wagon etc etc etc. I don't think I called them chumps, or hit squad or goons etc.

I'm sure threads like this fulfill some internal need or desire.

I see threads sometimes that just scream out "look at me, notice me, see me" "agree with me",feel my pain", etc etc etc. Most people say their piece and move on. Others simply cannot.
Closed Thread