SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2014, 02:49 PM
Joined Aug 2014
37 Posts
Oh rite, so has nobody actually used the red brick?
Could you post details of the helicopter esc. That you have used please.
I assumed that the red brick was the one you guys used because it was on the rcdb site.
Cheers mate.
carpy100 is offline Find More Posts by carpy100
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 06:26 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron111 View Post
all my team ready to take some pic .....
Hi Ron, nice work mate .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:16 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpy100 View Post
Oh rite, so has nobody actually used the red brick?
Could you post details of the helicopter esc. That you have used please.
I assumed that the red brick was the one you guys used because it was on the rcdb site.
Cheers mate.
The red brick should still work but it makes it hard trying to work out the dings & dongs to program it, i actually used a 30amp Turnigy esc & that was the same with no program card but with a bit of mucking around i got it to work, i didn't know what i was doing when i first tried it & hooked the esc up to a spare motor to work out how to get it to run before hooking it up to the gyro, but if i was to get another esc it would be this one http://hobbyking.com.au/hobbyking/st...hless_ESC.html with this program card http://hobbyking.com.au/hobbyking/st...dProduct=39872
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Oct 20, 2014, 08:40 AM
Joined Aug 2014
37 Posts
Ok, am I right in thinking that, I plug the esc into the throttle port of the receiver and use the throttle trigger for programming? The instructions on hobby king are atrocious!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 07:58 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Ok, am I right in thinking that, I plug the esc into the throttle port of the receiver and use the throttle trigger for programming? The instructions on hobby king are atrocious!
You should be able to program it in the 3rd CH as well using the throttle trigger , did it come with any instructions? another thing that can be confusing is they are talking about stick controllers so when it says move the stick to the top forward position on a wheel controller it is full throttle, on the esc i was using i had to switch on the transmitter & hold it at full throttle then turn on the esc to get it into program mode, the instructions are terrible for these esc's without cards you really have to figure out what the different chimes mean first & most of the time the instructions are written in chinglish.
Old Today, 05:08 AM
Joined Aug 2014
37 Posts
Mr junkie dude, unbelievably the card is out of stock! Lol
Is there another you could recommend? I'm willing to bite the bullet and buy the items but don't want to be playing out the third time lucky scenario.
Old Today, 05:40 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Mr junkie dude, unbelievably the card is out of stock! Lol
Is there another you could recommend? I'm willing to bite the bullet and buy the items but don't want to be playing out the third time lucky scenario.
Lol, ok mate you can use any heli esc of 30+amps, i have used smaller amp ones of these on smaller projects & they are easy to set up & work well http://hobbyking.com.au/hobbyking/st...dProduct=29329 & this is the card for it http://hobbyking.com.au/hobbyking/st...Product=29330;)
Old Today, 07:35 AM
Joined Aug 2014
37 Posts
Junkster, is that a soft start esc?
Old Today, 05:58 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Junkster, is that a soft start esc?
Yes mate it has normal, soft & very soft start.