SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2014, 04:23 PM
I want just one more plane!
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
437 Posts
It is not uncommon for certain motors to need to have the timing changed higher in the esc, that is definitely what is happening. The Plush has a good history of performance. The ZTW gecko is now my ESC of choice, Altitude Hobbies sells them, huge BEC in them that doesn't require running an external BEC.
My previous choice for ESC was the Hk YEP 60 and 80 amp, along with SkyPower 80 amp, they both have 6 amp internal becs.
timwj1 is offline Find More Posts by timwj1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2014, 05:10 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
569 Posts
Ztw "B" series
Cyclone power 75 amp

Both work well with the motor.

Tried (for hours) every permutation of programming on the Plush 60 amp esc & could not get it to work 100% of the time.....
Nukiwi is online now Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Oct 16, 2014, 05:54 PM
Canada, ON, Dryden
Joined Oct 2009
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timwj1 View Post
It is not uncommon for certain motors to need to have the timing changed higher in the esc, that is definitely what is happening. The Plush has a good history of performance. The ZTW gecko is now my ESC of choice, Altitude Hobbies sells them, huge BEC in them that doesn't require running an external BEC.
My previous choice for ESC was the Hk YEP 60 and 80 amp, along with SkyPower 80 amp, they both have 6 amp internal becs.
I'm in Canada so i'll have to see how much shipping is going to be, shipping always kills me now. Anyone wanna sell one of there Geckos to a poor ol Canadian!!
HELI-MECH is online now Find More Posts by HELI-MECH
Old Oct 16, 2014, 06:15 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
569 Posts
If you have a look on the bay of e there are a few with free shipping.... i.e

"ZTW Brushless Beates 80A ESC W/BEC Speed Controller & Program Card for Airplane"
Nukiwi is online now Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:44 PM
Canada, ON, Dryden
Joined Oct 2009
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi View Post
If you have a look on the bay of e there are a few with free shipping.... i.e

"ZTW Brushless Beates 80A ESC W/BEC Speed Controller & Program Card for Airplane"
Right on, thanks, will look into and fish around this bay of E you speak of.
HELI-MECH is online now Find More Posts by HELI-MECH
Old Today, 10:20 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
309 Posts
What is the best linkage set-up as far as what I need (ball links, rods, etc.)?
Also, I got the 42-38 - 750kv for mine and noticed on page 2 it says it needs a smaller cross mount.... what do I do here?
pilot_keeter is online now Find More Posts by pilot_keeter