SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:41 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Walkera's V450D01 swash balls are 4mm, check your measurements again because you did get the right measurement for the Blade link @ 4.75mm (actually 4.72mm)

All your doing now is confusing people.
No dude, all your doing is confusing me!

So i went and checked again, maybe i did measure wrong the first time. This time i set my caliper to 4mm directly and tried to pass it over the ball. The ball will hang from the caliper and will not pass at 4mm. It's not even close. So what is going on here then?

Why don't you tell me? why won't this work for the align/savox servo arm mod?
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Jun 04, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:00 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Try to put any walkera V450 ball link from the head onto the Blade ball and report back your findings. Then i'll tell you why it doesnt fit.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:06 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Ok, now I'm even more confused because I went and checked all of my links. I understand now where some discrepancy is coming from.

I still don't see why these balls won't work anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Try to put any walkera V450 ball link from the head onto the Blade ball and report back your findings. Then i'll tell you why it doesnt fit.
If you look at the pictures in my last post. I am using a v450 ball link (part #HM-V450D01-Z-07) the label from the package is laying right there and it is attached to the blade 450 ball and the walkera swash at the same time. I don't see the problem. Unless I have some seriously different swash parts from Walkera? The Swash balls are bigger than the stock servo arm balls.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Jun 05, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:13 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
DS410M on V450/WK-RX2702V Switch's/Dial's Setup and 2801-Pro Radio Reverse Menu Setup

Here you go BigDawg....For the DS410M cyclics to work on the V450 frame using the RX2702V..

The RX switch/dial settings w\ TX reverse menu settings. (Aile S - Elev S & Bal D dials are set @ 12'o'clock on the 2702V as a starting point but should be turned down eventually to ~ 9 o'clock towards the negative for a more aerobatic flight)
Tail Delay should always be turned all the way off to the (-) side.

Also..... my DS520 tail servosetup is different than yours, its on the opposite side of the boom as stock, so you may have to move the RUDD R. switch opposite of mine and/or in the 2801's reverse menu to get it to work properly. To see if the tail servo is working properly.... the leading edge of the tail blades should follow the nose of the heli when it is spun around left and right on its axis.

Just FYI.... the RX is all wired up and tie-wrapped, and without undoing it all ...pretty sure its whats in the manual, PIT servo on right and AILE/ELEV on the left (AILE up front left) nose facing front. If there's a problem where the swash is not moving correctly.... then just swap the AILE & PIT servos plugs around on the RX.




HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Jun 06, 2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Add Info
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:20 AM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
wlee, thanks for the sub, Im sure it will be a lot of fun gettig her back in the air. I was hoping biggie would be able to do the servo upgrade so we could compare some flight settings with the DS410M servo's but it looks like there was a setback.... so maybe you can get yours working also.
will do but I am kind of busy. Beside work, I am building clone 500 for my son and have X7 box on shelf waiting for me too.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:34 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
will do but I am kind of busy. Beside work, I am building clone 500 for my son and have X7 box on shelf waiting for me too.

I hear you on the busy tip, Gaui puts out a nice product if I had an X7 project going....... I surely would put the V450 back in the closet
Well the blog is there if and when you decide to rebuild and fly or rebuild and sell it should be finished.

Im probably going to let go of mine eventually too and go for a larger bird as I already have a Trex 450 Pro FL that is my weekend flyer. It's been a lot of fun doing the blog though and getting into this heli's core.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:34 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,282 Posts
Thanks again , i have everything like you but some reverses on my tx and rx. But all my servos move correctly. What do we all think of that?
I cant have another wreck.....






Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Here you go BigDawg....For the DS410M cyclics to work on the V450 frame using the RX2702V..

The RX switch/dial settings w\ TX reverse menu settings. (Aile S - Elev S & Bal D dials are set @ 12'o'clock on the 2702V as a starting point but should be turned down eventually to ~ 9 o'clock towards the negative for a more aerobatic flight)
Tail Delay should always be turned all the way off to the (-) side.

Also..... my DS520 tail servosetup is different than yours, its on the opposite side of the boom as stock, so you may have to move the RUDD R. switch opposite of mine and/or in the 2801's reverse menu to get it to work properly. To see if the tail servo is working properly.... the leading edge of the tail blades should follow the nose of the heli when it is spun around left and right on its axis.

Just FYI.... the RX is all wired up and tie-wrapped, and without undoing it all ...pretty sure its whats in the manual, PIT servo on right and AILE/ELEV on the left (AILE up front left) nose facing front. If there's a problem where the swash is not moving correctly.... then just swap the AILE & PIT servos plugs around on the RX.




Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Thanks again , i have everything like you but some reverses on my tx and rx. But all my servos move correctly. What do we all think of that?
I cant have another wreck.....
And powered up (motor disconnected) the swash moves to resist the changes as you tilt/rotate by hand on each axis?

Do you have training gear that you can use just to get confidence as you get light on the skids that she's not gonna flip on ya?

At worst, two 1m rods across the landing gear to prevent a side roll-over.

Damn! Even I'm nervous for you!!
Good luck Biggie!
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:49 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,282 Posts
I only used training gear one time and it didnt work out to well. It was on my v120 and i had my gear to weak. Lol it just bent up and hit the blades , doh! I was so green then! Im not sure its the best idea, cause if its going to flip again , like last time , it went fast ,
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:25 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Well, actually that is the whole point of training gear... that it slows the flip speed because it actually has to lift the whole heli around a fulcrum which is further away from the centre of force.
Just make sure you cable tie them on tight and so they can't slide about. Don't need to try to fly with it on. It's just to check that she's going to react in a predictable manner.

Though, ultimately - it's up to you. I'm just thinking that if you have changed the RX settings a long way from where they were before it might take a pack to really get a feel for how she's reacting now.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:31 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Oh! They just stuck a new RX in the 450... 6 axis RX2703H-D.

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=11882

Not really sure why you need 6 axis in a heli like this - the whole point is to fly the damn thing not just hover it! Still, it's probably as cheap just to put it in there with a switch to disable it as not.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I only used training gear one time and it didnt work out to well. It was on my v120 and i had my gear to weak. Lol it just bent up and hit the blades , doh! I was so green then! Im not sure its the best idea, cause if its going to flip again , like last time , it went fast ,
So whats next to troubleshooot? Or do you think its ready for a test flight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Oh! They just stuck a new RX in the 450... 6 axis RX2703H-D.

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=11882

Not really sure why you need 6 axis in a heli like this - the whole point is to fly the damn thing not just hover it! Still, it's probably as cheap just to put it in there with a switch to disable it as not.
Thats interesting, looks like the V450 lives on as a Devo model
Eh hem this is Walkera "Flagship" 450 after all LOL.

All kidding aside, Im glad they kept it, thats good for everybody because it means another year or two of parts support.....at least.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:05 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Looks like they changed a few things, new swashplate with a screw down bearing, longer throw arms on the blade grips and swash, larger head button and new tail sleeves on the tail blade grip arms.... Wonder how these will effect buying parts for this heli in the future, as it seems the new Devo 3G RX will have more head movement.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Here you go BigDawg....For the DS410M cyclics to work on the V450 frame using the RX2702V..

The RX switch/dial settings w\ TX reverse menu settings. (Aile S - Elev S & Bal D dials are set @ 12'o'clock on the 2702V as a starting point but should be turned down eventually to ~ 9 o'clock towards the negative for a more aerobatic flight)
Tail Delay should always be turned all the way off to the (-) side.

Also..... my DS520 tail servosetup is different than yours, its on the opposite side of the boom as stock, so you may have to move the RUDD R. switch opposite of mine and/or in the 2801's reverse menu to get it to work properly. To see if the tail servo is working properly.... the leading edge of the tail blades should follow the nose of the heli when it is spun around left and right on its axis.

Just FYI.... the RX is all wired up and tie-wrapped, and without undoing it all ...pretty sure its whats in the manual, PIT servo on right and AILE/ELEV on the left (AILE up front left) nose facing front. If there's a problem where the swash is not moving correctly.... then just swap the AILE & PIT servos plugs around on the RX.




Hi HeliFlyer711,
Thnanks for the complete rebuild and mod thread, it's wesome and I'll wait for other parts
Can you please add also an image or info about how to set The RX switch/dial settings on default configuration ? With stock servo and for tx in mode 2 ?
Thanks for all
lordw0rm is offline Find More Posts by lordw0rm
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:11 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordw0rm View Post
Hi HeliFlyer711,
Thnanks for the complete rebuild and mod thread, it's wesome and I'll wait for other parts
Can you please add also an image or info about how to set The RX switch/dial settings on default configuration ? With stock servo and for tx in mode 2 ?
Thanks for all
Sure i can add that in, no problem and if some one here who is flying the stock servo setup can post thier setup in the meantime maybe you can get it faster....I should have some info on that saved around somewhere though... thanks for the sub!
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Last edited by HeliFlyer711; Jun 07, 2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 08:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 12:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 07:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 05:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 04:20 AM