HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:59 PM
RC Heli Junky
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Feb 2013
82 Posts
Discussion
more rc heli questions

i would like to hookup a fpv system on my e razor 450 but i want to get a good tx/rx to increse my range to at least half a mile to a mile or at least more than 1000ft but i dont want a 500 or 600 dollar system iv heard of systems going 2 miles but i dont need that much distance what would be some good choices for me and a good place to buy them
countrybo89 is offline Find More Posts by countrybo89
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:39 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,246 Posts
An airplane is much better for something like this.
FPV would be great to check your crop condition.
Most of the standard video transmitters used in FPV are good for your range. The antenna's are more critical at longer range. You could hit the limits of your transmitter to control the helicopter. So range testing is needed. The FPV section has some good starter threads. Just realise the start of some might be a little out of date. Things progress fairly fast.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:43 PM
RC Heli Junky
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Feb 2013
82 Posts
now when you say a fpv transmitter do you mean like a transmitter with the video feed built in to it or do you just mean a transmitter that is built for that purpose and allows longer ranges and possibly better controls and where would i find a transmitter such as this
countrybo89 is offline Find More Posts by countrybo89