SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Help!
FlySky FS-CT6B

I purchased the FlySky FS-CT6B Radio and rcvr; If I do not have a computer to use to program this radio will it function?

I've yet to bind it to the rcvr and try it...did not know what I'd bought until it arrived, and now can't use the computer programming to set it up. Thought I'd just try it as it is and see what works.

Currently have to use the computer at public library for emails and checking forums, etc.

Thank you for your assistance.
Golddrakken is offline Find More Posts by Golddrakken
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:23 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
Well you probably won't be able to use it to fly anything, since you need to set it up to work with your particular model (airplane, helicopter, glider etc) but I would think that you should at least get some servo movements on channels 1 to 4.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Oct 2011
89 Posts
Binding does not require computer. But you have to use computer to setup the transmitter, such as mode, mix and curves.

Recommend Digital Radio (http://www.sgr.info/usbradio/utils.htm) over the stock software,
chenlixyz is offline Find More Posts by chenlixyz
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Thank you for responses. When I purchased the radio I was not aware that programming through a computer was the only way to program the unit...I mistakenly thought it was an option similar to the software upgrades i see people writing about, or the module upgrades they do to radios. Working on getting access to a computer that Ican use to program it.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Oct 2011
89 Posts
It looks to me that what you wanted was FS 9X.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
I actually had the Turnigy (spelling?) 9-channel on order at HK, but after 6 weeks on "backorder' I got fed up, cancelled it and ordered this 6-channel from HobbyPartz...they shipped it the same day I ordered it, free shipping, and it arrived 2 days later. Now I just have to work out the computer issue, then hopefully all will be well for bit.

The FS 9-channel at HobbyPartz is currently out of stock, but as soon as it is available I will order one -- I was pretty happy with how quickly they got this one to me.

Thank you.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, AZ, Cave Creek
Joined Oct 2001
42 Posts
I've got a Fly Sky TH9X. It is the same as the Turnigy -- different badging, different color case. Certainly a great setup for $90. The battery case is very poor. A Walkera case is much better. Better yet, install a 3S2200 LiPo pack available on ebay for less than $10 shipped. So far, I don't find the firmware objectionable, but I haven't played with it much yet. The Turnigy 9X firmware upgrades (e.g., er9x) should all work with this FS. The manual is a hoot, but at least there is a manual. It is pretty intuitive to program.
Lonemountain is offline Find More Posts by Lonemountain
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
To Golddrakken: I have 3 of the CT6B's and yes, a computer is needed to program it and it is fun to do. Usually, all I need to program is to reverse the directions of the servos, noting else for my park flyers. Try the radio with servos and if your are electric flying, your ESC/motor as well. If the servos are turning in the right direction for you, you don't need to program it, probably. If you were to build a airplane, orient the servo(s) for required directions and then you do not have to program the radio. Check it out, but using a computer at the library; I gave up on that a long time ago! Having Fun
Having Fun is offline Find More Posts by Having Fun
Old May 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
Larry G
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jul 2010
17 Posts
R6B receiver compatibility

I bought some R6B receivers from Hobbypartz, by mistake I think, thinking they were compatible with a Turnigy 9x I bought used. The Turnigy transmitter came with a Corona module installed. Is there anyway the R6B receivers are usable with the 9x/corona transmitter?
lglenn is offline Find More Posts by lglenn
Old May 22, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
89 Posts
You are gonna have to use a original 9x RF module from either Turnigy or Flysky (or any other re-brand 9x transmitters), to make it work.