high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,127 Posts
ok will do mate. Thanks for the tip

but i have had many flights with it and they have not ripped off

but i will tape them up just to be sure
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Last edited by stalyoni; Jul 10, 2011 at 03:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
bonjour a tous je suis nouveau sur ce forum et en + francais j'ai acheter le extra 260 3d epo mais sur le site hobbyking je ne trouve pas les pieces detacher (parts)
merci de m'aider
seb60 is offline Find More Posts by seb60
Old Jul 11, 2011, 09:40 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Translated: Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I buy the french + extra 260 3d epo site hobbyking but I can not find the individual parts (shares)
thank you for helping me.

Well first welcome most Hobbyking planes don't have spare parts but the good thing is they are pretty cheap planes and are easily replaceable.

Translated to French: Eh bien d'abord bienvenue la plupart des avions Hobbyking n'ont pas de pièces de rechange, mais la bonne chose est qu'ils sont assez bon marché et les avions sont facilement remplaçables.

Sorry if its a little bit off I just used Google translate
Désolé si c'est un peu hors J'ai juste utilisé Google translate

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:34 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
ok merci j3tman et la traduction est bonne .
a +
seb60 is offline Find More Posts by seb60
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
67 Posts
Hello

just order the plane from DE warehouse today

Does anyone has tested the stock motor with the 9 x 5 propeller recomanded?
EQ45 is offline Find More Posts by EQ45
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:32 AM
The balance is the answer
Walnut Creek CA
Joined Oct 2009
42 Posts
Dud,

have you read the thread?
Estoner is offline Find More Posts by Estoner
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:46 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoner View Post
Dud,

have you read the thread?

Just remember some people read slower then others
tallflyer is online now Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:54 AM
Joined Jul 2011
67 Posts
I read more than the half yesterday. I will continue... it's more than 40 pages...

From what I have read so far, the motor is burning in 3S with the stock motor. Up to know it's not clear if it will burn in 3S with the recomanded 9 x 5 propeller

Thanks for your helps
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:03 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,357 Posts
I have been using a APC 9047 prop with a 3cell with good results (and I'm still flying on the stock motor)
tallflyer is online now Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:16 AM
Joined Jul 2011
67 Posts
Ok so I will change the propeller when I will recieve the plane

thanks again
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:46 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,127 Posts
anymore flight videos from this bird from you guys.

What motors are you guys using?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
67 Posts
OK I went through the whole thread and I would like to know if someone was finally able to make a landing gear working on grass? There are some posts about landing gear more resitant but if I have well understood the plane frame must be made more robust also.

What are the results obtained so far?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 04:10 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,127 Posts
i used the landing gear from my hyperion sniper X II and it works well so far. I put bigger wheels on it.

Watch the start of the video and you will see it:

hobbyking extra 260 EPO with new landing gear (4 min 20 sec)

actually i have even bigger wheels on it now then shown in the video.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:59 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,127 Posts
i hate to be the bearer of bad news but i got bored and took my extra 260 down the park with a mate.

Took off fine but the rudder was playing up in flight. Also i think i didnt set the timer on the tx and hit LVC while in flight. Lost all power and had very little control over her.

It was heading straight for the main road so i had to bring her in quick and hot. I did pretty well considering. She did a cartwheel. I ran over and the tail has snapped off right where the elev stab connects onto the plane.

Im so happy i crashed it instead of the plane continuing onto the main road and causing a massive accident on the main road. There could of been alot more damage. Like loss of life and all that nasty stuff. So in one way im pissed off but also very glad.

Silly me let it hit the LVC in flight. I was trying to show off a bit to my mate as well.

Long story short it has snapped the tail right at the back where the elev stab goes on. It was a very clean break. Whats the best method to make it strong again.

I was thinking i would get some short pieces of 2mm carbon spa and stick them in the foam ether side of the break and then use 5min epoxy and press the two sides together. Then once all that dries then run a thin bead of hot glue on the outside of the join. Then finally put some tape over all of that.

Will that work or whats the best method to make the break strong again?

I think my rudder servo stuffed up as well but i havent inspected it all yet. Still trying to get over the shock and frustration that i crashed my little baby. But seriously so glad i had a massive dirt nap and it didnt end up on the main road.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:42 AM
Joined Jul 2011
67 Posts
@ Stalyoni

I'm sorry for you man but hoppefully you took the right decision to sacrify the plane for the safety of others

I was usually flying trex 450 on football field in Belgium but since I bought my skyfun (which is my first plane), I realised that a dedicated field was needed. So after 2 flights over the country side (serveral kilometers far from "main roads"), I joined a dedicated club to fly my plane and my 450.

I would recomend you to look after a better place to fly....

Concerning the repair, I have always heard that good epoxy was making is srtonger on that king of epo. Looks like what you did is one of the best repair that can be done