Jan 07, 2013, 07:09 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird
Trouble with the Microaces WulfStang Windestaller Quad Copter (WWQC to save on ink when printed) is it needs 4 receivers & and 4 transmitters plus 4 people with their brains wired together to fly. I think it might have to go thru the 'proof of concept' phase before I could ever put a price on it.
Funny part is, if you were to hook that goofy affair to a control board like a MultiWii, it might actually fly!

I can picture it!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2013, 08:12 PM
Wanton construction
Quote:
We put together a mildly amusing response video to the FliteTest review. I'm hoping they'll let it sit beside their program on Youtube as an 'official' response to the review. I've submitted it so just needs stonekap to approve its submission, if Youtube is working like it should.
Acually I think it's a bad idea.
Your assessment of the Dave the Swede's flying style is spot on and that your prototype a mildly amusing jab at his purported quadcopter background, but it's coming dangerously close to a personal attack.
Not good; as it stands Dave is wearing the whiner's cap, with this vid you're donning it.
If you're dead set on publishing anyway at least edit it down to 3 or 4 minutes max, just enough to get your points across.

As a (mostly) disinterested observer I felt that the review was mainly positive, the two Joshes went out of their way to stress the positives, mostly in an effort to counterbalance the overly critic David, but they seemed genuinely impressed by your products.

It wasn't raving no, and that may have been what you were hoping for.

But reviewers are going to judge from their preferences and not everybody shares our passion for really small planes.
I mean, if I were asked to review a quarter scale Cub my summation would probably read something like "really nice flyer, but can I fly it from my front porch? Noisy, smelly, space occupying and I can't even do the low and close passes I enjoy so much, 3 out of 10"
Jan 07, 2013, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncer
Acually I think it's a bad idea.."
That was also my initial feeling - for the same reasons Pouncer expressed. Better to take the high road, let it lie, and hope Dave's glaring incompetence is recognized. Obviously the producer is reading this thread - it should be up to him to "soften" the Swede's harshness.

Gene K
Jan 07, 2013, 11:50 PM
Flite Test is COOL!
Quote:
We put together a mildly amusing response video to the FliteTest review. I'm hoping they'll let it sit beside their program on Youtube as an 'official' response to the review. I've submitted it so just needs stonekap to approve its submission, if Youtube is working like it should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nSm2c7Cos
Jon you are a class act! I am truly impressed with your joy, talent and genuine desire to share this hobby. We really enjoyed watching this. David wants to know how soon he can place an order for your new quad
Jan 08, 2013, 04:17 AM
Crashing with style
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncer
It wasn't raving no, and that may have been what you were hoping for.
Absolutely! - but didn't expect it. As an individual who has given up a steady income to 'risk all' and follow their dream of having their own company in a truly exciting but competitive marketplace, you always hope for positive press, do everything in your power (ie create a decent & unique product) to garner public praise, but in the end you can't expect it.

Any how - looks like it all turned out OK in the end. stonekap have popped the link to the video response on their Facebook Page and the views have rocketed - many great comments coming with it too.
Jan 08, 2013, 04:30 PM
I've actually seen these guys in the past and I found them mildly amusing. It's kind of sad the amount of "hobby culture/tribe" we lost when the older style LHS went the way of the dodo. Now we have to watch reviews on line, instead of hanging out with seasoned pilots at the shop and club, sharing and coaching. At least we have places like RCG and it's 24/7. I've been modeling for 30+ years now and I think this is a fantastic and innovative product, heck I wish I would have thought of it. With that said I don't think I'll be buying at that price point, as I can do a very complete detailed GWS air frame and electrics for the same overall price or less. I understand why the price point is so high, after watching the review, as there is an incredible eye to detail and precision, I wont take that away from you. If the whole shebang was less extensive (packaging, photo's, history lesson etc) than I might bite, in my mind I should be able to by two air frames at that price. This is just my viewpoint, not an attack please guys don't take it the wrong way. Oh... one more thing, I fly slope so I now how to fly and maintain energy, watch the one were these clowns try sloping in Cali, that will clue you in on their abilities.-Guy
Jan 11, 2013, 04:00 AM
Crashing with style
Thread OP
FliteTest have actually issued a response to the response. These guys are the good guys too. We're all passionate about RC flight - group hug please!

Flite Test - Microaces Response to Their Response (5 min 13 sec)
Jan 11, 2013, 04:09 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Quote:
FliteTest have actually issued a response to the response. These guys are the good guys too. We're all passionate about RC flight - group hug please!

http://youtu.be/YPtTFz5rRDc
Josh and Chad @ flitetest = classy

Jon Porter = classiest

RF
Jan 11, 2013, 07:57 AM
Jon,

Just a quick question, when are you going to finish posting the rest of the P-51 build videos?

Andre
Jan 11, 2013, 08:42 AM
Crashing with style
Thread OP
Hi Andre,

I feel a real heel not having polished this off months ago. I shot some more over Christmas that I need to edit. I hope to get it done within a week or so. Flitetestgate and the build of the Hawk got me all distracted!

Jon
Jan 11, 2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flyer
Josh and Chad @ flitetest = classy
Let's see...according to them in their latest take: a main point that wasn't emphasized enough in their prior "review" is that Microaces are durable ... [as shown by the fact that ] they "only" showed 1/3 of the crashes they had; further, it takes a high level of skill to fly them ... but once you learn to fly them ... they're worth the high price.

Marketeers however, say that any kind of publicity is good. In that regard, I did visit the excellent flitetest site.

Quote:
Jon Porter = classiest
Agree! Hopefully he can set aside the flitetest distraction and finish up my next purchase - that beautiful P-6E.

Gene K
Jan 11, 2013, 12:35 PM
Well for a nonapolgy apology I suppose it's better than nothing. The production value and video clarity was again great. If the man trying to make a go of offering a nice kit in a world awash in arfs is satisfied time to move on.

Still just waiting for that spitfire!

Jon
Jan 12, 2013, 09:58 AM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoplanar
Well for a nonapolgy apology I suppose it's better than nothing. The production value and video clarity was again great. If the man trying to make a go of offering a nice kit in a world awash in arfs is satisfied time to move on.

Still just waiting for that spitfire!

Jon
Nope .. not me, I am still bitter about their review. The far less then professional or accurate review cost MicroAces money. Period.

When you have someone whining about having to press down the covering before every flight and counting down a number scale of what they would rate the plane, it leaves nothing but a negative impact on the viewer. That whining, from a person who could not even throw the plane into the air and make it fly. If you can't fly a micro plane then you should not be offering your opinion on it. In this case, showing that opinion cost MicroAces sales.

Had FliteTest pulled the review and reworked it into something more profesisonal and more serious, without the whining then I would have felt different. But they did not and as it stands, every view that video gets is a lost sale for MicroAces.
Jan 12, 2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake
Nope .. not me, I am still bitter about their review. The far less then professional or accurate review cost MicroAces money. Period.

When you have someone whining... ....a negative impact on the viewer. ...
... If you can't fly a micro plane then you should not be offering your opinion on it. In this case, showing that opinion cost MicroAces sales. ...

... every view that video gets is a lost sale for MicroAces.
I'm having the same fealings about it.
Before commenting on anything, one has an obligation to know something about the subject.
In the case of a more or less widely seen review-show, there's a real responsability towards both the viewers and the reviewed subject. Even more in this case, where the company standing behind the product is very young, still launching itself into the market. The impact of such an irresponsible review can have devastating consequences for the future of the company.
It's a real shame.
Jan 13, 2013, 01:02 AM
I'd love to have a couple. The review did nothing to disuade me..... The airframe only price does.

Quick Reply