HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
thanks, i will try to open it up a little bit more so i can "inject" the glue inside the crack.

also, is there a way to straighten out the nose? i need to buy nose cones, but the part behind the propeller is "crunched" a little bit....some people talk about boiling water, soaking it and letting it dry? but i dont know.....

thanks for the tips!
minchomexa is offline Find More Posts by minchomexa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:07 AM
Fly Easy
Joined May 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minchomexa View Post
well, i got a fracture on my PC, behind the "canopy" near the holes for the rods...i think the rods are keeping it together.

Buy a new fuselage? or gorilla glue magic trick?
Foam safe ca you don't have to worry about it again.
djowtlaw is offline Find More Posts by djowtlaw
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
mmmm...i guess i could find that at a craft store? my LHS is about 20 mins drive...
minchomexa is offline Find More Posts by minchomexa
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:34 AM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minchomexa View Post
thanks, i will try to open it up a little bit more so i can "inject" the glue inside the crack.

also, is there a way to straighten out the nose? i need to buy nose cones, but the part behind the propeller is "crunched" a little bit....some people talk about boiling water, soaking it and letting it dry? but i dont know.....

thanks for the tips!
i've done the same thing and "crunched in" the nose of my polecat also,.. i did the boiling water thing and it totaly helped to staighten it back,.. but a warning if you decide to do that lil' trick,. when i did it i believe i kept the nose in the hot water a lil' too long.what happened was that the nice "shine/finnish" went from very smooth,... to the particles of foam raisng into little bumps.if i had my time back i may have pured hot water from a kettle instead of submerging the nose in a pot,.or had been alot more cautious of how long of time the water was in contact with the foam.i use such things like foam cups to test certian clues ect... so if it melts no big deal,. maybe try a scap piece foam"block" and hit it so it does the same type of damage, then test it in hot water and see the results rather doing it for the first time on the plane it self.just a suggestion and somthing i should have done myself good luck
B.C.NEWFIE is offline Find More Posts by B.C.NEWFIE
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:49 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.C.NEWFIE View Post
i've done the same thing and "crunched in" the nose of my polecat also,.. i did the boiling water thing and it totaly helped to staighten it back,.. but a warning if you decide to do that lil' trick,. when i did it i believe i kept the nose in the hot water a lil' too long.what happened was that the nice "shine/finnish" went from very smooth,... to the particles of foam raisng into little bumps.if i had my time back i may have pured hot water from a kettle instead of submerging the nose in a pot,.or had been alot more cautious of how long of time the water was in contact with the foam.i use such things like foam cups to test certian clues ect... so if it melts no big deal,. maybe try a scap piece foam"block" and hit it so it does the same type of damage, then test it in hot water and see the results rather doing it for the first time on the plane it self.just a suggestion and somthing i should have done myself good luck
yeah, i had the same experience with my HK L-39 when I tried it. The finish went all pebbly but it did straighten out. Looks good in a fly by though
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Gia Normans are coming
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:21 AM
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Jan 2011
221 Posts
RE: "Gator"-ing the foam. I did the same thing, I heard "boiling water" and thought that it needed to be actually boiling. Then, later, I read to treat it like soup. Boil it, then let it sit in a bowl.

In the FMS 1400mm FW-190 Owners Thread the foam on the black cowling actually Gators just from sitting in the sun.

Finally got this one back in the rotation (it's been too windy and I am out of practice). I got in five flights this morning!

v/r,
C-F
CANNONFODDER0 is offline Find More Posts by CANNONFODDER0
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:34 AM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
jeeze!....ima plagued with problems!? my arilons stop working once in a while temperaly now lol.i realize that all of these lil park flyers basicly are all the same "well certian class" of them anyways" have same bricks/servos ect..so just a question,.. am i going to go through servos like im going through motors? lol! i hope not.thats me assuming that the servo is "going" in my plane,also the servo when it is "stuck or not working,. by helping it a little,as in moving the wheel" it works agian after doing that.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:18 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,514 Posts
Maybe just give them a clean up and a spray of DeOxit Fader Lube.
You shouldn't be wearing out servos, even with your flight schedule! They probably just need some TLC.

SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:03 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,373 Posts
Quote:
jeeze!....ima plagued with problems!? my arilons stop working once in a while temperaly now lol.i realize that all of these lil park flyers basicly are all the same "well certian class" of them anyways" have same bricks/servos ect..so just a question,.. am i going to go through servos like im going through motors? lol! i hope not.thats me assuming that the servo is "going" in my plane,also the servo when it is "stuck or not working,. by helping it a little,as in moving the wheel" it works agian after doing that.
Check for crap build up on the gear/axel. it doesn't take much to make it stick. I have also heard some people say they have dialed down the travel to 95-98% to avoid the endpoint/max
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Gia Normans are coming
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:18 AM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
wow! just that easy guys,.. yep there was like very hard to see crap,.."dust,lint" or what ever it was on that gear-wheel,so yea one good blow and cleaning it remedied the situation =D im surprized that "they"would make certian other models with exposed servos on the bottom of wings,if they are that sensitive and suseptable to failure with such little interference? good advice guys,.. thnx
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
Second time is a charm.

My son gave me a Pole Cat for my 64th birthday trying to induce me to get back into RC. The last RC plane I flew was a .40 gas powered plane about 15 years ago; electrics are all new to me.

The Pole Cat came out of the box, checked out and was airborne in about 10 minutes....and it snapped rolled and crashed almost immediately. Three times, three snap-rolls and crash.

After the last one, the plane was pretty banged up, so I did some trouble shooting while repairing it and discovered the rudder was intermittently going hard-over un-commanded.

My son contacted the hobby shop and the owner replaced the first Pole Cat with a second one. This one flies.....GREAT!

I don't know what's up with the first one, but it had me believing that Electrics were weird.

My only complaint about this little gem is why they added such cheesy wheel pants. They are so flimsy and weak as to be a nuisance. At the very least, there should be a way to take them off without losing the wheels.

Now that I'm re-hooked, I need to go to the hobby shop and pick up a few things....
mooneymite is offline Find More Posts by mooneymite
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
AMA 1042906
Derby, Kansas
Joined Mar 2008
1,072 Posts
Quote:
wow! just that easy guys,.. yep there was like very hard to see crap,.."dust,lint" or what ever it was on that gear-wheel,so yea one good blow and cleaning it remedied the situation =D im surprized that "they"would make certian other models with exposed servos on the bottom of wings,if they are that sensitive and suseptable to failure with such little interference? good advice guys,.. thnx
Well, hope all goes well for you, but, your symptoms are typical of servos getting ready to lock to the left or right. My servos, rudder and aileron, did exactly what yours are doing. I cleaned them thinking this was the problem, but, it was not. Crashes followed from locked servos soon after the symptoms appeared due to servo issues. I've flown my UM Parkzone Corsair a bunch and never cleaned or lubed its under wing open servos and never had a problem. However, the PoleCat does have servo problems. Good luck but be ready when it happens again...it will..
swimmer is offline Find More Posts by swimmer
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:54 PM
AMA 1042906
Derby, Kansas
Joined Mar 2008
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneymite View Post
My son gave me a Pole Cat for my 64th birthday trying to induce me to get back into RC. The last RC plane I flew was a .40 gas powered plane about 15 years ago; electrics are all new to me.

The Pole Cat came out of the box, checked out and was airborne in about 10 minutes....and it snapped rolled and crashed almost immediately. Three times, three snap-rolls and crash.

After the last one, the plane was pretty banged up, so I did some trouble shooting while repairing it and discovered the rudder was intermittently going hard-over un-commanded.

My son contacted the hobby shop and the owner replaced the first Pole Cat with a second one. This one flies.....GREAT!

I don't know what's up with the first one, but it had me believing that Electrics were weird.

My only complaint about this little gem is why they added such cheesy wheel pants. They are so flimsy and weak as to be a nuisance. At the very least, there should be a way to take them off without losing the wheels.

Now that I'm re-hooked, I need to go to the hobby shop and pick up a few things....
Buy a Hobbyzone SuperCub. You will be much happier.
swimmer is offline Find More Posts by swimmer
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Really? Why?
mooneymite is offline Find More Posts by mooneymite
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Yeah, I haven't heard that comment before. I would love to hear the reasons why.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member