New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2015, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by Mochanic
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubtoe View Post
Hello all - I've been reading and following this very interesting thread for some days now, having recently bought the V2 RX3S along with an R615X Rx.
So am keen to carry out the modification. But have become rather befuddled as to where to actually start the procedure of flashing and re-programming the MPU. I do realize from Post 1 and the V3 Documentation link, which John RB... I understand keeps up to date with new developments, but the Info therein is a little overwhelming. Mr Google has helped with the abbreviations ,like MPU- 6050 .. for instance - but now I know - and am more than amazed to discover that there are 3 gyro's and 3 accelerometers plus a micro processor on summert so small.
So fella's, with the greatest respect for all your efforts, please, where is the ''take me by the hand and walk me through the steps guide'' ...Joe
I 2nd that question, I have spent days reading this novel and am not really sure where to start either. There's just so much info, and so many updates to the info that it is overwhelming. I would be very grateful if somebody could put together a simple "do this in this order walkthrough" with the current info and best method.
Mochanic is offline Find More Posts by Mochanic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2015, 04:07 AM
Find More Posts by Xp783
Joined Sep 2013
11 Posts
Of course not??

we are having to much fun playing " who's on first"
Xp783 is offline Find More Posts by Xp783
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
1,016 Posts
Have you and stubtoe looked at the documentation and user written install instructions linked in the first post?

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochanic View Post
I 2nd that question, I have spent days reading this novel and am not really sure where to start either. There's just so much info, and so many updates to the info that it is overwhelming. I would be very grateful if somebody could put together a simple "do this in this order walkthrough" with the current info and best method.
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Today, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Mochanic
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRB View Post
Have you and stubtoe looked at the documentation and user written install instructions linked in the first post?

John
Yes I have, several times, but there is a lot of reading between the lines that makes it confusing. A very short, to the point post on exactly what I need to do to a RX3S-V2 for dual aileron inputs with master adjustment using a pot on my 9X would be so helpful, and appreciated.

So far all I have done is a lot of reading, and I soldered 10 header pins to the board.
(Like they are in post 70) The Elev dip wire has not been soldered yet as I'm not fully sure where the other end goes.

Thanks again!
Mochanic is offline Find More Posts by Mochanic
Old Today, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
1,016 Posts
Use caution reading and using the early posts, they are over 2 years old and we have learned a lot since that time and made many improvements to the firmware.

The best place for all information is the documentation that is linked in the 1st post. I do my best to make sure this matches the current firmware.

Look at the connection diagrams and charts in the documentation (click on the "Connections/Pinout Tables" link in the Table of Contents). Then find the the RX3S V2/V3 diagram and chart. There is a drawing there that shows all of the connections and a table that describes the pin/switch usage for the mode you are using (RudEle/2-Ail in your case). The switches, Inputs and Outputs are color coded to make it easier to read.

The current firmware no longer uses the ELE dip switch for the second aileron input, it now uses the TxD pin.

The firmware you should load is "20150414_RX3S_V2.hex" if you are using normal PPM inputs and not the serial data interfaces.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochanic View Post
Yes I have, several times, but there is a lot of reading between the lines that makes it confusing. A very short, to the point post on exactly what I need to do to a RX3S-V2 for dual aileron inputs with master adjustment using a pot on my 9X would be so helpful, and appreciated.

So far all I have done is a lot of reading, and I soldered 10 header pins to the board.
(Like they are in post 70) The Elev dip wire has not been soldered yet as I'm not fully sure where the other end goes.

Thanks again!
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Today, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by Adilson
Discovering the joys of flying
Brazil, SP, Campinas
Joined Aug 2012
904 Posts
So, I've been following this thread for quite a while but never used it with a flying wing. IIUC, I should use Delta 1-AIL and connect the wings to Delta 1 and Delta 2 ignoring the rest?
Adilson is online now Find More Posts by Adilson